• Oct 21st, 2020 2:33 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Guru
Jul 23, 2007
12442 posts
4316 upvotes
Toronto
the brother wrote: awesome, where did you spot this? thanks!
A recently opened Loblaws at Bathurst and Lakeshore (Toronto)
Apr 2, 2004
345 posts
47 upvotes
self isolating
Saw the Doritos LATE NIGHT Buffalo Hot Wings at RH Costco last weekend. Don't remember the price though.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
5600 posts
2789 upvotes
Mississauga
Not sure of it’s new but saw Pumpkin Spice Cheerios at Longo’s the other day.
Jan 22, 2007
412 posts
215 upvotes
there's a limited edition flavour of Lay's called "Creamy Cheddar" which is apparently a Costco exclusive (for now) to Canada. will post pics soon
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2013
2359 posts
1675 upvotes
Toronto
lecale wrote: They've known for years that during US hurricane season the shelves are stripped of everything but everything pumpkin spice and they still do this??

Pumpkin spice Kraft Dinner being released in limited quantities
https://toronto.citynews.ca/2020/09/22/ ... uantities/
You can sign up for a waitlist to get a free one, freebies forum has a thread about it.
Jan 22, 2007
412 posts
215 upvotes
the brother wrote: there's a limited edition flavour of Lay's called "Creamy Cheddar" which is apparently a Costco exclusive (for now) to Canada. will post pics soon
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2008
9025 posts
3329 upvotes
WMPCOT wrote: You can sign up for a waitlist to get a free one, freebies forum has a thread about it.
Thanks, that's hilarious.

Kraft wants me to sign up to be on a waiting list to be one of 1,000 people to experience what it is like to be the last person to hit the grocery store before a Category 5 rolls in.

This could only be a collectables opportunity. KD is an iconic brand and someday these 1,000 boxes will help pay for your grandkid's university tuition. Don't buy coins at the post office for the grandkids, acquire and protect a box of this stuff.

I collected a banker's box of old Kool-Aid packets 3 decades ago and aimed to get every design of every flavour (from 1927) but I ended up with a ton of certain ones like Purplesaurus Rex Super Fruity packet design.

Apparently there is a box of Kool-Aid at mom's place that will pay for a Tesla because it is choked with this stuff. This is from ebay.ca today.

My mother will still be angry to know this because she wants my junk out of there.

I have donated stuff to the Kool-Aid museum in Hastings Nebraska and the Jell-O museum in Le Roy, New York and you are into history, sign up for a box of Pumpkin Spice Kraft Dinner. It will be your job to preserve it and tell people about it 30 years from now and I am sure someone will start a Kraft Dinner museum by then? lol.

One day I will go back to Nebraska and donate the rest of my Kool-Aid but I think I will wait until after they settle their civil war. Everyone is talking about Kool-Aid these days and it seems some people like Kool-Aid more than others. I think the people who like Kool-Aid are inflating the price of Kool-Aid and I don't honestly want these people's money. They are the wrong kind of people to take money from.

At some point another generation of Americans are going to want to know about the Kool-Aid and what the deeper meaning is behind a brand that is all over the media and is somewhat of a race symbol.

I have been keeping track of the story and I have the Kool-Aid to prove it.
Images
  • thisiscrazy.jpg
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2008
9025 posts
3329 upvotes
the brother wrote: there's a limited edition flavour of Lay's called "Creamy Cheddar" which is apparently a Costco exclusive (for now) to Canada. will post pics soon
You do good work sir and I am proud to call you my bro.
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2001
2207 posts
173 upvotes
Vancouver
lecale wrote: You do good work sir and I am proud to call you my bro.
+1
Although I wish you could include the Costco item number so that we can find out which if any of the Costco warehouses over here carry the chips. They're not always distributed nationwide.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2006
1342 posts
1218 upvotes
Toronto
impostor wrote: +1
Although I wish you could include the Costco item number so that we can find out which if any of the Costco warehouses over here carry the chips. They're not always distributed nationwide.
Item number is 1432222 at Costco Ontario.
Price is $4.99 for 620g.
Images
  • upload.jpg
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
11736 posts
1769 upvotes
Vancouver
the brother wrote: new Arriba's from Old Dutch:

LOl I tried these as well. Passed them onto my friend. Too spicy. I guess I should be eating cool ranch Doritos lol. I am interested in trying the gravy chips. I haven’t seen them yet.
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
6845 posts
1534 upvotes
lecale wrote: Thanks, that's hilarious.

I have been keeping track of the story and I have the Kool-Aid to prove it.
That is hilarious!! Off topic, but... I used to collect Blood Orange wrappers. Finally threw them out, wish I hadn't. Lol.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2008
9025 posts
3329 upvotes
bonterra wrote: That is hilarious!! Off topic, but... I used to collect Blood Orange wrappers. Finally threw them out, wish I hadn't. Lol.
Ephemera rarely survives history. Museums love food packaging. It takes about thirty years these days for packaging and advertising junk to become valuable. This is why a lot of Blood Orange wrappers don't make it lol.