• Last Updated:
  • Jul 26th, 2021 4:51 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2009
2871 posts
1245 upvotes
Woodbridge
That is a good price provided installers do not cut corners in installation and use quality "A" coil. If the installers are done in 2 hours or so, know that all the steps were not followed for proper installation and optimum performance of the unit.
sheryar wrote: Hello,
I am in need for an AC unit for my 1600 sq foot townhouse. I was quoted $2400 (tax and installation included) for a 2 Ton 14 SEER Goodman AC Model #GSX140241.
Can anyone guide me if this is a good price and unit?
Thank you
HVAC Professional. Committed to customer, not brand.
Furnace & Central AC Group Buy 2021
Dec 8, 2019
82 posts
127 upvotes
newlyborn wrote: That is a good price provided installers do not cut corners in installation and use quality "A" coil. If the installers are done in 2 hours or so, know that all the steps were not followed for proper installation and optimum performance of the unit.
How can one verify its a quality "A" coil? Specific brands to see? Also what are the correct steps required for proper installation?
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2009
2871 posts
1245 upvotes
Woodbridge
I would suggest you to get some references from friends and family.
Installation is too technical to write all the steps here. I know people have fought here over some microns for vacuuming to show how much better theorist they are
sheryar wrote: How can one verify its a quality "A" coil? Specific brands to see? Also what are the correct steps required for proper installation?
May 7, 2005
331 posts
54 upvotes
Oakville
Forgive my ignorance. But what is "A" coil? Aspen coil?
Jun 23, 2019
388 posts
230 upvotes
I am in need for an AC unit for my 1600 sq foot townhouse. I was quoted $2400 (tax and installation included) for a 2 Ton 14 SEER Goodman AC Model #GSX140241.
Thank you
Send a PM to Ash @newlyborn he can give you a quote for a unit. Installation is more important than brand, also be sure to stay away from kijiji contractors. I've had Ash @newlyborn install a hot water tank and furnace so far, and his team does excellent work, I highly recommend them if you want a professional clean install. When it comes to HVAC if the installation isn't done correctly the equipment may not last long, and will cost you more in the long run. Also operational cost could be higher if the unit isn't properly vacuumed and charged.
Jun 23, 2019
388 posts
230 upvotes
iExcel wrote: Forgive my ignorance. But what is "A" coil? Aspen coil?
A coil is the Evaporator Coil that sits inside the Plenum of your Furnace/duct work. The outside unit is the Condenser. Most people will buy an A/C unit (Trane/Carrier/Lennox) and pay a premium price for that brand, but don't end up getting the matching A Coil inside. Instead they get a cheap third party coil (Aspen, ADP, etc.) If you pay a premium for Trane/Carrier/Lennox you WANT the matching Trane/Carrier/Lennox A Coil inside!
[OP]
Deal Guru
Mar 13, 2004
11647 posts
3333 upvotes
Ontario
For sure reach out to @newlyborn from fair deal heating & ac. He can give you a few good options for your home AC & just based on all the positive posts in the pages before you know hes going to do a quality job & be honest with you. A
A Quality HVAC company is like finding a good Mechanic you stick with them because there are a lot of crooks out there that like to cut corners.
Thank you
Mar 14, 2018
298 posts
346 upvotes
Another shout-out to Ash and the Fair Deal team. We bought an older house and had to replace our furnace and water heater. Ash has been professional and very accommodating throughout the process. He definitely doesn't try to upsell you and presents you with multiple options that best fit your house/family. His installation crew is also top-notch, completed the whole job in a shorter time than estimated and explained everything to me in detail. I have already recommended them to my friends who are looking for new HVAC equipment.
Apr 25, 2002
17 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto
I just wanted to add that Ash and his team did a fantastic job of installing a new Carrier A/C unit replacing our dead one. Ash offered some good advice, reasonable pricing, and has been very honest. His team arived on time and worked diligently without breaks for hours removing our old unit and rebuilding our ductwork to accommodate the new install and piping.

Solid work ethic and most of all trustworthy, taking pride in their work.Thumbs Up Sign
Dec 20, 2014
5 posts
7 upvotes
Oshawa, ON
Another happy customer once again with Ash and his workers at Fairdeal!
Last year at the end of the summer we got a new furnace and on Thursday a new air conditioner.
Ash and his guys are very accommodating with our work schedules. You would have never known there were workers in and out of my house that day except for the fact that my house was alot cooler now! Smiling Face With Sunglasses I highly recommend Fairdeal Heating & Air Conditioning !
@newlyborn
Aug 1, 2007
713 posts
70 upvotes
Just wanted to leave feedback for Ash, does great work and was very helpful. My water heater was not keeping the water hot and he was able to help fix that along with a leak to the main water line. Only person I would deal with.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Mar 13, 2004
11647 posts
3333 upvotes
Ontario
Great to see the last 4 installs are again proof of the quality reliable & honest work that @newlyborn & his team at fair deal heating and air conditioning do day in and day out in the GTA, using quality parts from the manufacture and not cheaping out by substituting for lesser quality A coils (and not being transparent with the client) and hidden costs like other HVAC companies may do. I'm very happy I started this thread and have been able to help hundreds of people on RFD by providing them with probably the best HVAC company on RFD in my opinion.

Can't wait to continue to see positive reviews for Fair Deal Heating & Air Conditioning from the people who really want the best for their family and home!
Jun 26, 2012
333 posts
607 upvotes
Toronto
newlyborn wrote: Phone no ( Call, text or whats app ) : 416-992-2333
I might need to replace my SLP98 unit (11yo). I am debating between repairing the existing unit or getting a new SLP99 or EL296. There is quite a difference of price between the 2 units and am not too happy with the quote I have been provided with today.
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2009
2871 posts
1245 upvotes
Woodbridge
IMO, modulating furnaces are always more trouble than its countermodels ( variable of two speed). If I had to pick between SLP or Elite, I will pick Elite without a second thought.

If you want to discuss in details, please feel free to call me at 416-992-2333 ( no obligation or soliciting).
Its easier for me to understand the requirements by conversation and give you best solution.
djskynet wrote: I might need to replace my SLP98 unit (11yo). I am debating between repairing the existing unit or getting a new SLP99 or EL296. There is quite a difference of price between the 2 units and am not too happy with the quote I have been provided with today.
Jan 9, 2016
131 posts
437 upvotes
GTA
I got the AC installed last week. Right from the time I contacted Ash till the time of installation, it was a seamless experience and no issues. I requested for an earlier time slot which Ash was able to accommodate.
The crew showed up on time and did a very professional job of installing and clearing after them.
The AC and coil were both Lennox and I have peace of mind that OEM parts were used for installation.

I highly recommend Fairdeal Heating & Air Conditioning for AC installation!
Mar 14, 2018
298 posts
346 upvotes
I return here because I ended up replacing my AC with Ash as well... lol
Should tell you how I was satisfied with my initial furnace/water heater installation with him. I didn't have to replace my old AC but there was some concern with its coil condensation, which could have caused damage to my new furnace. Knowing Ash will give me the best deal/service for the new AC, I decided to replace it as well. He offered an outstanding post-installation service as well.

Just get in touch with him first for your HVAC needs. He and his team are the pros... possibly the best contractors I've ever dealt with.
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2009
2871 posts
1245 upvotes
Woodbridge
Folks thank you for dropping me PMs, however, it is always a good idea to call, Whats app or text me 416-992-2333 . I often run in a situation where when we leave the area, there was another person who could have been served at short notice ( avoid re travel ).
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2003
4614 posts
1969 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON
I just want to take a moment to thank Ash, @newlyborn for his help this past Friday. We had our blower motor fail and decided to replace it as we were not in a position to purchase an entire new furnace or AC. Admittedly I was in a panic as the heat wave was on the way. A family friend was able to get a motor for me but when I went to install it I found the number of leads was different from the old to the new unit. I was a paniced that it would not work. Fortunately Ash took my information, looked in to it and called me back with advice on how to match the new leads to the old one. I am very grateful for him volunteering some of his time to help myself and my family get our AC back up and running. When the time comes to replace our system we will hopefully be able to work with Ash to make that happen.