Home & Garden

New Furnace / Air Conditioner / Humidifier Time??

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 14th, 2022 10:12 pm
Tags:
Feb 2, 2006
30 posts
19 upvotes
Brampton
I called Ash & gave me proper guidance.
Thanks Ash.
Sep 29, 2020
1 posts
3 upvotes
I’d like to share my good experience dealing with Fair Deal Heating & Air Conditioning. My 25+ year old furnace needed replacement. It was easy to communicate with Ash, he offered best quote among several contractors. His team showed up on time, was polite and respectful. I was impressed with quality of installation, all the wiring and pipe work looks very thoughtful and clean. Much appreciate for the great job done.
Feb 29, 2016
16 posts
10 upvotes
Another happy customer of Fair Deal Heating & Air Conditioning . Ash and his team installed a new AC, Furnace and Humidifier for me a few weeks ago. Excellent communication, fair price and a great install. The whole experience was very pleasant and I felt like I was getting honest advice the whole way.
Nov 16, 2005
300 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
I used Fair Deal Heating & Air Conditioning to install a natural gas line from my basement to the outside wall for my Weber grill. These guys are very professional and did a clean neat job. Even after discovering setbacks and some issues they worked through it to complete the job right on schedule. The space in the basement is pretty tight and the NG line had to run from the supply along the ceiling and around my furnace and water heater. I've contacted other installers and they were not sure how to proceed while these guys not only solved it but did so at a more competitive rate. They even replaced the 3/8" Weber hose with a longer 1/2" hose that I provided and added shut-off valves inside and out. I'm now a happy Griller!
Images
  • IMG_6092 Small.jpg
  • IMG_6095.JPG
  • IMG_6098.JPG
[OP]
Deal Guru
Mar 13, 2004
12253 posts
3849 upvotes
Ontario
Glad to hear it worked out good for you. This is the result of an experienced company vs an everyday company. A good company will figure it out and resolve the issue in a way thats best given the circumstances, the others don't have the skill or experience to figure it out.
Platoon wrote: I used Fair Deal Heating & Air Conditioning to install a natural gas line from my basement to the outside wall for my Weber grill. These guys are very professional and did a clean neat job. Even after discovering setbacks and some issues they worked through it to complete the job right on schedule. The space in the basement is pretty tight and the NG line had to run from the supply along the ceiling and around my furnace and water heater. I've contacted other installers and they were not sure how to proceed while these guys not only solved it but did so at a more competitive rate. They even replaced the 3/8" Weber hose with a longer 1/2" hose that I provided and added shut-off valves inside and out. I'm now a happy Griller!
Mar 11, 2007
222 posts
4 upvotes
Up there...
I had Fair Deal Heating & Air Conditioning replace a gas water heater tank. Ash’s crew arrived on time and were professional throughout. Answered all questions, cleared doubts and cleaned the place up after completing the install. To my surprise, they even cut up the big box the new tank came in for easy recycling. Kudos to Ash and his crew.
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2009
3173 posts
1541 upvotes
Woodbridge
Glad to be of help. People calling us can expect
1. Punctuality & Sincerity
2. Honest and Reasonable services;
3. Respect for the property

AndreyV wrote: I’d like to share my good experience dealing with Fair Deal Heating & Air Conditioning. My 25+ year old furnace needed replacement. It was easy to communicate with Ash, he offered best quote among several contractors. His team showed up on time, was polite and respectful. I was impressed with quality of installation, all the wiring and pipe work looks very thoughtful and clean. Much appreciate for the great job done.
Deal Addict
May 30, 2010
1719 posts
1189 upvotes
Trying to get an idea on the cost to AC to an existing AC ready furnace/ERV setup.
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2009
3173 posts
1541 upvotes
Woodbridge
Please specify your location as that plays a big role. GTA has better pricing than other parts. Do you have any specific make or models in mind? Do you know what size and SEER ratings, you are interested in? I will be more than happy to walkthrough the initial questions.
Feel free to call me at 416-992-2333 . Ash
Gr8irlbot wrote: Trying to get an idea on the cost to AC to an existing AC ready furnace/ERV setup.
Deal Addict
May 30, 2010
1719 posts
1189 upvotes
@newlyborn Location is Lincoln, Niagara Region. No details on furnace/ERV combo yet. The builder's spec sheet only mention that furnace is AC ready but they won't install it as they are done with the specs, drawings and permits for the lot.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2002
1417 posts
205 upvotes
I'd like to leave a positive review of my experience with Ash and Fair Deal Heating & Air Conditioning. After reading the hot water rental thread, (and seeing just how much money I have lined Enercare with!) and the many helpful posts by @newlyborn I got in touch with him to understand what my options to replace my rental tank was. Over the course of a few phone calls, and several of my questions, we went through standard tank and tankless options and decided that based on my budget, family needs that a standard tank type water heater would be best for now.

Relative to the 4 other vendors I had spoken to for a water tank replacement, Ash was the only one to answer all of my questions thoroughly while being brutally honest and I knew I was in good hands. I didn't get the same sense from a few other well known vendors in the market and would rather put my hard earned money towards someone I could trust and that was willing to take the time to answer all of my questions, all while completing the job at a fair and reasonable price.

Ash was able to schedule me in on a day that worked for both of us, he kept me apprised of his team's arrival window, and the staff did a fantastic job of the installation of the new unit, carefully maneuvering the new tank downstairs, updating the valves I supplied (shutoff and mixing), drain pan (I've yet to complete the drain line) as well as taking care of the new venting and clean up of the area. The area is cleaner than it was before!

I highly recommend getting in touch with Ash to understand all of your HVAC product/service questions
Images
  • 20211020_202018.jpg
  • 20211020_202028.jpg
Aug 11, 2007
265 posts
26 upvotes
Toronto
Reliance came out to check my furnace which has been making noises when turning the heat on. I was told likely need a new furnace and possibly AC. Ash do you provide services in Brampton?
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2009
3173 posts
1541 upvotes
Woodbridge
Hello
Please feel free to call me at 416-992-2333.
I will try my best to provide you unbiased advise and if needed new equipment at very competitive prices that meets YOUR budget and requirements.
Ash

singh20 wrote: Reliance came out to check my furnace which has been making noises when turning the heat on. I was told likely need a new furnace and possibly AC. Ash do you provide services in Brampton?
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2009
3173 posts
1541 upvotes
Woodbridge
Below advise is for people who are looking to upgrade their mid-efficiency furnace that is vented in a chimney along with an atmospheric vent conventional water heater.

As per the new code, mid efficiency furnaces are not allowed to be installed in Canada since late 2009. All the new furnaces must be vented using different kind of venting like 636 or royal. New furnace cannot be vented through chimney / B vent using metal pipes.
When the furnace is removed from the current chimney which has water heater vented in the same way, chimney liner size must be reduced to 4" ( or as per the chimney liner sizing table ) - http://www.donpark.com/userfiles/file/F ... 0Chart.pdf

This adds additional cost to the installation and can vary from 400 $ and upwards. So when getting a mid-efficiency furnace replaced, one has to account in chimney liner prices OR water heater upgrade to power vent which vents similar way as furnace.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2002
4173 posts
1220 upvotes
Brampton
Ouch, I may be in that situation, Ill have to recheck the water heater.
Got our furnace and fireplace red tagged today and one place couldnt even come for another week. Kids will be frozen by then.
INFORMATION: The requested thread does not exist.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Mar 13, 2004
12253 posts
3849 upvotes
Ontario
That's not good and needs to be addressed asap. If you still need somebody to come out reach out to @newlyborn from fair deal heating and cooling He services the GTA and surrounding areas and will provide you with fair honest service as he has to so many RFD people.

Hopefully you get it resolved soon.
prod wrote: Ouch, I may be in that situation, Ill have to recheck the water heater.
Got our furnace and fireplace red tagged today and one place couldnt even come for another week. Kids will be frozen by then.
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2009
3173 posts
1541 upvotes
Woodbridge
This could simply mean that rough in done ( may be) , otherwise, all the furnaces are AC ready so difficult to decipher what builder meant really.
Gr8irlbot wrote: @newlyborn Location is Lincoln, Niagara Region. No details on furnace/ERV combo yet. The builder's spec sheet only mention that furnace is AC ready but they won't install it as they are done with the specs, drawings and permits for the lot.
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2009
3173 posts
1541 upvotes
Woodbridge
Were you given A tag or B tag ? If its B tag you have upto 45 days to rectify the situation. If A tag was issued, what was the infraction noted?
prod wrote: Ouch, I may be in that situation, Ill have to recheck the water heater.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)