Home & Garden

New Furnace / Central Air Conditioner Time??

[OP]
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 13, 2004
12843 posts
4460 upvotes
Ontario
Great to see the last 4 installs are again proof of the quality reliable & honest work that @newlyborn & his team at fair deal heating and air conditioning do day in and day out in the GTA, using quality parts from the manufacture and not cheaping out by substituting for lesser quality A coils (and not being transparent with the client) and hidden costs like other HVAC companies may do. I'm very happy I started this thread and have been able to help hundreds of people on RFD by providing them with probably the best HVAC company on RFD in my opinion.

Can't wait to continue to see positive reviews for Fair Deal Heating & Air Conditioning from the people who really want the best for their family and home!
Member
Jun 26, 2012
370 posts
634 upvotes
Toronto
newlyborn wrote: Phone no ( Call, text or whats app ) : 416-992-2333
I might need to replace my SLP98 unit (11yo). I am debating between repairing the existing unit or getting a new SLP99 or EL296. There is quite a difference of price between the 2 units and am not too happy with the quote I have been provided with today.
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2009
3638 posts
2116 upvotes
Woodbridge
IMO, modulating furnaces are always more trouble than its countermodels ( variable of two speed). If I had to pick between SLP or Elite, I will pick Elite without a second thought.

If you want to discuss in details, please feel free to call me at 416-992-2333 ( no obligation or soliciting).
Its easier for me to understand the requirements by conversation and give you best solution.
djskynet wrote: I might need to replace my SLP98 unit (11yo). I am debating between repairing the existing unit or getting a new SLP99 or EL296. There is quite a difference of price between the 2 units and am not too happy with the quote I have been provided with today.
HVAC Pro-Committed to customer, not brand. Past RFD Reviews
2022 Central Air Conditioner & Furnace Group Buy
Jr. Member
Jan 9, 2016
164 posts
638 upvotes
GTA
I got the AC installed last week. Right from the time I contacted Ash till the time of installation, it was a seamless experience and no issues. I requested for an earlier time slot which Ash was able to accommodate.
The crew showed up on time and did a very professional job of installing and clearing after them.
The AC and coil were both Lennox and I have peace of mind that OEM parts were used for installation.

I highly recommend Fairdeal Heating & Air Conditioning for AC installation!
Sr. Member
Mar 14, 2018
865 posts
795 upvotes
I return here because I ended up replacing my AC with Ash as well... lol
Should tell you how I was satisfied with my initial furnace/water heater installation with him. I didn't have to replace my old AC but there was some concern with its coil condensation, which could have caused damage to my new furnace. Knowing Ash will give me the best deal/service for the new AC, I decided to replace it as well. He offered an outstanding post-installation service as well.

Just get in touch with him first for your HVAC needs. He and his team are the pros... possibly the best contractors I've ever dealt with.
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2009
3638 posts
2116 upvotes
Woodbridge
Folks thank you for dropping me PMs, however, it is always a good idea to call, Whats app or text me 416-992-2333 . I often run in a situation where when we leave the area, there was another person who could have been served at short notice ( avoid re travel ).
HVAC Pro-Committed to customer, not brand. Past RFD Reviews
2022 Central Air Conditioner & Furnace Group Buy
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jun 21, 2003
5552 posts
2869 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON
I just want to take a moment to thank Ash, @newlyborn for his help this past Friday. We had our blower motor fail and decided to replace it as we were not in a position to purchase an entire new furnace or AC. Admittedly I was in a panic as the heat wave was on the way. A family friend was able to get a motor for me but when I went to install it I found the number of leads was different from the old to the new unit. I was a paniced that it would not work. Fortunately Ash took my information, looked in to it and called me back with advice on how to match the new leads to the old one. I am very grateful for him volunteering some of his time to help myself and my family get our AC back up and running. When the time comes to replace our system we will hopefully be able to work with Ash to make that happen.
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2009
3638 posts
2116 upvotes
Woodbridge
Glad to help. Hopefully, now you don't have to change your AC / Furnace in a haste.
ChicoQuente wrote: I just want to take a moment to thank Ash, @newlyborn for his help this past Friday. We had our blower motor fail and decided to replace it as we were not in a position to purchase an entire new furnace or AC. Admittedly I was in a panic as the heat wave was on the way. A family friend was able to get a motor for me but when I went to install it I found the number of leads was different from the old to the new unit. I was a paniced that it would not work. Fortunately Ash took my information, looked in to it and called me back with advice on how to match the new leads to the old one. I am very grateful for him volunteering some of his time to help myself and my family get our AC back up and running. When the time comes to replace our system we will hopefully be able to work with Ash to make that happen.
HVAC Pro-Committed to customer, not brand. Past RFD Reviews
2022 Central Air Conditioner & Furnace Group Buy
Newbie
May 31, 2017
17 posts
11 upvotes
Scarborough
Another happy customer of Fair Deal & Air Conditioning. From the start to finish, dealing with Ash was a breeze. Ash previously repaired my furnace late last year. Couple weeks ago, I came to realize the AC compressor was dead. Ash was prompt to diagnose and put in the order for a replacement (both the condenser and a matching evaporator coil unit). He actually went out of his way to accommodate an earlier date to have the unit installed as it was hitting 30+. He is definitely committed to customers. Talk about installation, his team is absolutely amazing. They pay attention to the smallest detail. I am super satisfied with the work and I consider myself a picky handyman. Glad I found Fair Deal & Air Conditioning through RFD. Forever thankful!
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 1, 2017
2502 posts
1702 upvotes
Got my AC replaced by Fair Deal heating & Air Conditioning (@newlyborn).

Didn't waste my time, didn't try to rip me off or overbill. Explained the options but didn't pressure me into anything. Overall friendly dude.

I ended up getting a SEER15. I plan on keeping my house forever, so the long term savings in electricity more than justify the small premium over Seer13.
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2009
3638 posts
2116 upvotes
Woodbridge
Folks I strongly recommend everyone to inspect your water heater venting once a while. Rental companies do not come out and check things periodically. I recently did an inspection and found quite a bit of dangerous situation. Glad it was caught in time.
Images
  • 86F795F0-286E-40C6-BEBA-A148A47A5C73.jpeg
  • D2C81F7B-92B2-4DD7-9D28-AF5830B97992.jpeg
  • 37E580EF-C207-4531-BE8C-3DE7E621D4F7.jpeg
HVAC Pro-Committed to customer, not brand. Past RFD Reviews
2022 Central Air Conditioner & Furnace Group Buy
Newbie
Jul 20, 2006
58 posts
9 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
My second dealing with Fair Deal heating & Air Conditioning (@newlyborn). This time I got an AC installed. Everything went smoothly. Ash was able to accommodate us on very short notice. Thank you!
Newbie
Jun 4, 2017
18 posts
10 upvotes
I have a question for you @newlyborn. I really wish that I had been on these boards sooner and found this thread.

Here is the issue I have:

We have hired a contracting company, Bachly, to make renovations to our home. The reno began in December 2019 and is still ongoing. They have been taking too long. Anyways, they installed a new power vent water tank. First they had a Bradford White 50 Gallon, but we had asked for a 60 Gallon unit. They then replaced it with a John Wood Proline XE 60 gallon power vent unit (PV60N 200). Unfortunately, they damaged it while they were doing other work, and have now replaced it with a Giant 60 gallon power vent (UG60).

Is Giant a good name brand or should I demand the John Wood back? Also, they angled the gas line about 45 degrees to connect it to this water tank. I fear that they are putting pressure on the elbow joint.

Any advice is appreciated.
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2009
3638 posts
2116 upvotes
Woodbridge
Thank you for posting your question. Feel free to ask more if you need any additional information than I provided you. I frequent this thread often.
neospiked wrote: I have a question for you @newlyborn. I really wish that I had been on these boards sooner and found this thread.

Here is the issue I have:

We have hired a contracting company, Bachly, to make renovations to our home. The reno began in December 2019 and is still ongoing. They have been taking too long. Anyways, they installed a new power vent water tank. First they had a Bradford White 50 Gallon, but we had asked for a 60 Gallon unit. They then replaced it with a John Wood Proline XE 60 gallon power vent unit (PV60N 200). Unfortunately, they damaged it while they were doing other work, and have now replaced it with a Giant 60 gallon power vent (UG60).

Is Giant a good name brand or should I demand the John Wood back? Also, they angled the gas line about 45 degrees to connect it to this water tank. I fear that they are putting pressure on the elbow joint.

Any advice is appreciated.
HVAC Pro-Committed to customer, not brand. Past RFD Reviews
2022 Central Air Conditioner & Furnace Group Buy
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2005
1376 posts
512 upvotes
Long time member here. Just wanted to give a little endorsement for @newlyborn's AC business -- Fair Deal Heating and AC.

My AC didn't cool when I turned it on this season. Based on posts here on RFD, I contacted @newlyborn (Ash) to get a quote. Ash doesn't offer free quotes but does charge a $80 diagnostic fee that can be applied to work done if I did go with them in the end. I agreed and he sent his crew to take a look at it the same day. They quickly measured and found no pressure in the coolant line. Later, Ash gave me a estimate for labour and parts and we discussed a few different scenarios that could arise -- e.g. costs to replace A-coil vs compressor, or just refilling the coolant alone. In the end, I opted for a proper fix to find the leak and replace the part. It took a couple of weeks for the crew to be available to come back since it was busy season. When they did, they were prompt and ready to go. They quickly found the leak in the A-coil, replaced the part, refilled the coolant and were done in the estimated time of 3-4 hrs.

I've waited several more weeks to go through some hot periods before writing this review, and so far so good. There were at least 2 prolonged "hot" periods in the last several weeks and the refreshed AC has kept up. After several years on the decline until it was essentially useless, my AC is back to original capacity thanks to Ash.

Overall, Ash's crew worked efficiently and effectively. There were no surprises to the estimate and the cost was reasonable. There was no BS when communicating and questions were quickly answered.

If I had any more heating or AC issues I would not hesitate to use his services again.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)