Computers & Electronics

New iPad (10.2in 9th gen)

  • Last Updated:
  • Sep 16th, 2021 8:11 am
Tags:
[OP]
Jr. Member
Sep 2, 2019
196 posts
303 upvotes
Montreal, QC

New iPad (10.2in 9th gen)

I've been wanting an iPad for a while now but decided to wait until yesterday for the release of the new iPad 9th gen.

It seems like there's no noticeable difference between the 8th and 9th gen iPads. That being said, would it be recommended to buy the 8th gen since it will likely be discounted, or is it worth buying the latest tech for the extra money?
6 replies
Deal Expert
Jun 20, 2020
15110 posts
19081 upvotes
Toronto
hisl9828 wrote: I've been wanting an iPad for a while now but decided to wait until yesterday for the release of the new iPad 9th gen.

It seems like there's no noticeable difference between the 8th and 9th gen iPads. That being said, would it be recommended to buy the 8th gen since it will likely be discounted, or is it worth buying the latest tech for the extra money?
The 9th gen iPad now has True Tone display with sRGB and starts with 64 GB of storage, The front camera has been upgraded to 12MP and is now Ultra wide with Center Stage. The 8th gen iPad front camera is only 1.2MP.

https://www.apple.com/ca/ipad/compare/? ... ad-8th-gen

"Apple devices with True Tone displays are less reflective and possess a wide range of colors. These attributes work hand in hand with True Tone technology, which adjusts the colors you see on the screen based on lighting conditions to create a more accurate, true-to-life image."
from https://www.lifewire.com/what-is-true-t ... ay-4048131
Destiny is all
[OP]
Jr. Member
Sep 2, 2019
196 posts
303 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Good eye! Did not notice that the base model comes in 64gb, that's definitely a good sell point
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
20992 posts
7324 upvotes
Toronto
hisl9828 wrote: Good eye! Did not notice that the base model comes in 64gb, that's definitely a good sell point
Yeah, that's a pretty big deal, and makes the pricing all that much more attractive. 32 GB is actually OK for a lot of light usage, but depending upon what you're doing, it's also pretty easy these days to max out 32 GB quickly if you're not off-loading to iCloud. 64 GB provides a lot of breathing room for entry level users, whereas often times 32 GB requires more diligent management of storage usage.
Sr. Member
Oct 9, 2006
668 posts
152 upvotes
GTA
Don’t forget to look at Apple refurb. Lots of iPad options right now.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
20992 posts
7324 upvotes
Toronto
Same 3 GB RAM as our older A10 iPad from 2019.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Mar 25, 2003
16684 posts
5168 upvotes
Markham
Dhanushan wrote: The 9th gen iPad now has True Tone display with sRGB and starts with 64 GB of storage, The front camera has been upgraded to 12MP and is now Ultra wide with Center Stage. The 8th gen iPad front camera is only 1.2MP.

https://www.apple.com/ca/ipad/compare/? ... ad-8th-gen

"Apple devices with True Tone displays are less reflective and possess a wide range of colors. These attributes work hand in hand with True Tone technology, which adjusts the colors you see on the screen based on lighting conditions to create a more accurate, true-to-life image."
from https://www.lifewire.com/what-is-true-t ... ay-4048131
Plus A13 chip vs A12 chip
9th gen would make more sense now.
48TB Node 304 / i5-3570 / Server 2016 Essentials
12TB HP Mediasmart EX 495 (E8400, 3.0GHZ, 4GB Mushkin), with Server 2016 Essentials
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)