Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] New Jetson Bolt Pro Electric Bike - $389.99 【$399.99 Back ordered Online】

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 18th, 2021 1:58 am
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Oct 21, 2015
9633 posts
61768 upvotes
Ontario

[Costco] New Jetson Bolt Pro Electric Bike - $389.99 【$399.99 Back ordered Online】

This one sells out pretty quickly so buy first and think later. I bought one because we might go into a 2nd semi lockdown..
The box fits in my sedan with the seats pushed down.

Costco Price: $390
Craigslist Price: $600-$650
Amazon (sold and ship by Amazon): $950

New: https://www.amazon.ca/Jetson-Electric-B ... 085FTLC14/
Old: https://www.amazon.ca/Jetson-Folding-Th ... 07BRN88F6/

The new model weighs 24.4 kg
The old model weighs 15.4 kg

This one has pedals compared to the previous model. That means it is legal to ride on the roads/bike lanes.

Great for delivery like Ubereats,DD,Skip and others.

1.jpg
Max Speed 15.5 mph
Max Range 13 Miles
350 Watt Motor
Ride Jetson App Compatible
Easy to Fold & Carry
Images
  • 1.jpg
Last edited by Thatdealguy on Dec 5th, 2020 4:17 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Thread Summary
This is the costo website, but oos now. It comes and goes quickly. Price in online is 10$ more which includes shipping and handling:
https://www.costco.ca/jetson-bolt-pro-f ... 92129.html
527 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2009
1905 posts
1310 upvotes
How would this be good for delivery if the range is 13 miles (which I am assuming is under ideal conditions)?

Genuinely curious
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Oct 21, 2015
9633 posts
61768 upvotes
Ontario
aviator_13 wrote: How would this be good for delivery if the range is 13 miles (which I am assuming is under ideal conditions)?

Genuinely curious
13 miles = 20km.

It has pedals so you can still ride as a bike.
Dec 26, 2015
424 posts
231 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
No way man . If its electric I ain't peddling but for street legal purpose not an issue. I wonder if the battery can be extended?
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2007
2450 posts
412 upvotes
Old model has a 250watt motor and this 350watt motor. This one weighs 20lbs more. Weight makes a huge difference on the max km/hr you can get on this, so I wonder if that extra wattage makes up for the added weight.
Aug 2, 2019
34 posts
31 upvotes
Is this available at all Costcos? Seems like a really good deal. Fits my needs perfectly, especially with the small size
Mar 18, 2005
398 posts
364 upvotes
Brossard, Qc
How long is a full charge? Work is 13km away, so won’t be able to do a round trip, but if it charges to 100% quickly, I will highly consider this.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Oct 21, 2015
9633 posts
61768 upvotes
Ontario
ThomasChabot wrote: Is this available at all Costcos? Seems like a really good deal. Fits my needs perfectly, especially with the small size
all locations. I've seen them in 5 different Costco but they sell out within 1-2days
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2008
1592 posts
378 upvotes
GTA
I’m not a fan of this design. But it seems like an ok price if this is what you’re looking for.
Dec 4, 2008
38 posts
14 upvotes
Vancouver
Nah, I'm not a fan of these gimmicky little foldable ebikes.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2018
1367 posts
1486 upvotes
That is a crazy low price for what you get. Sure a lot of flaws, but I'm not sure what you can say when you are paying a lot less than the nearest competitor.

Also, all the electronic bikes in this price are lacking in range. You will pay double for just a bit more. We are paying less than the US retail price of $299 which is quite rare.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
2589 posts
2433 upvotes
I have always wondered if these are considered requiring a motor bike license..
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
6729 posts
2945 upvotes
why are the wheels so small? Smaller wheels means more wear and tear on the threads. Plus it looks like something a teen would be riding. Would look weird if an adult rode one.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2012
4024 posts
3450 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Thatdealguy wrote: The new model weighs 24.4 kg
The old model weighs 15.4 kg
Not sure where you got your weights from, but the manual from the manufacturers website has the old one at 40 lbs., and the new one at 41 lbs.
Feb 27, 2017
90 posts
154 upvotes
Not a fun as my Harley but it'll get me thru the winter.
Images
  • 20201026_164800-1.jpg
Mar 18, 2008
533 posts
644 upvotes
Toronto
How would these compare with the HIMO brand?

I was going to buy one that has more speed and range, but ofcourse twice the price.

Was thinking about the himo z14
Apr 6, 2020
21 posts
38 upvotes
renegadeavenger wrote: I have always wondered if these are considered requiring a motor bike license..
Depends on your province, but in ontario you can ride anything <32kmph with a max of 500W motor without a license as long as it has pedals.
Scooters/electric longboards/unicycles are in legal grey area though.
typhooney wrote: How would these compare with the HIMO brand?

I was going to buy one that has more speed and range, but ofcourse twice the price.

Was thinking about the himo z14
I'd get the HIMO over this it looks like a nicer bike, has a standard replaceable battery, and seems to fold better.
You're incorrect about it being faster though, both this and that have their speeds limited to 25kmph.
The Himo should have faster acceleration though with its more powerful motor.
Mar 18, 2008
533 posts
644 upvotes
Toronto
kouhimocha wrote: Depends on your province, but in ontario you can ride anything <32kmph with a max of 500W motor without a license as long as it has pedals.
Scooters/electric longboards/unicycles are in legal grey area though.

I'd get the HIMO over this it looks like a nicer bike, has a standard replaceable battery, and seems to fold better.
You're incorrect about it being faster though, both this and that have their speeds limited to 25kmph.
The Himo should have faster acceleration though with its more powerful motor.
Thanks for the correction, I misread 15mph as kph earlier. It seems like most of these e vehicles are limited to 25km for Canada. I have a pro2 scooter, and ninebot go kart and both are 25/km while my ninebot max is 30km.

I like that the himo z14 has a huge range. The non pro version has advertised range of 60km which would be able to get 40 no problem.

Thanks for the insight. You wouldn’t happen to know where people get their HIMOs from in Canada do you?

Edit: maybe not huge range but good range.
Mar 18, 2005
398 posts
364 upvotes
Brossard, Qc
badOne wrote: why are the wheels so small? Smaller wheels means more wear and tear on the threads. Plus it looks like something a teen would be riding. Would look weird if an adult rode one.
Do you still wear bootcut jeans, and K-Swiss shoes?
Even if you do, who cares.

Wheels are probably small cause it’s a “folding bike,” which normally needs to be more compact to put in trunks or wtv.