Health & Wellness

New job walking 10 to 14 km a day diet .

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 25th, 2019 7:22 am
Banned
Feb 7, 2005
4498 posts
1191 upvotes

New job walking 10 to 14 km a day diet .

Just started a new position at work where I will be walking 10 to 14 km a day . What type of calories do I require daily. My current diet is below .

Two hard boiled eggs with 2 slices of bacon and a muffin for breakfast .

Mid morning snack is a banana.

For lunch I have sandwich with roast beef of prosciutto with cheese on rye . Along with some cherries tomatoes .

For dinner is varies from beef to chicken . I try to stay away from potatoes as much as possible .

Is this enough food for my job ? I'm a male 5'10 and 225 pounds . What do I need to increase ?
<sig removed> by moderators . Yet no moderator told me they removed or why ?
33 replies
Deal Expert
Jan 9, 2011
19736 posts
28625 upvotes
Vancouver
You're overthinking it. Just eat normally. You sound a little on the heavy side anyway? I'm one inch shorter than you and weigh 80 pounds less. If you have no body fat to lose, you must be built like a bulldog.
Banned
Feb 7, 2005
4498 posts
1191 upvotes
Kiraly wrote: You're overthinking it. Just eat normally. You sound a little on the heavy side anyway? I'm one inch shorter than you and weigh 80 pounds less. If you have no body fat to lose, you must be built like a bulldog.
I have a bit of a beer belly . But when people look at me they never believe my weight . Both kids are skinny but they both weigh a ton .
Banned
Feb 7, 2005
4498 posts
1191 upvotes
Becks wrote: BMI calculator: https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educat ... micalc.htm

I recommend eating complex carbs like potatoes (baked or boiled), ditching the bad stuff in ur current diet, and finding comfortable shoes.

These guides always put me as obese . I have a bit of a beer belly . I doubt anyone would call me even close to fat .
Deal Fanatic
May 14, 2009
6759 posts
1499 upvotes
Just see what happens and increase your intake to match your hunger and energy level.
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
17811 posts
5762 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
pfbmgd wrote: These guides always put me as obese . I have a bit of a beer belly . I doubt anyone would call me even close to fat .
For your intake you listed, you shouldn't have 'beer belly'. You must be eating some extra calories somewhere. Use an app like chronometer to measure your intake now and then compare with what you end up eating afterwards.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 24, 2012
5909 posts
2223 upvotes
Space
Need a more accurate intake list. At your weight you’re definitely eating more than what you wrote. I would start walking without changing a thing. See how that goes first.
Banned
Feb 7, 2005
4498 posts
1191 upvotes
weedb0y wrote: For your intake you listed, you shouldn't have 'beer belly'. You must be eating some extra calories somewhere. Use an app like chronometer to measure your intake now and then compare with what you end up eating afterwards.
I just finished a job where I drove all day . Bad eating habits on the road . Plus some IPA beer here and there . What I posted is what I'm trying to stick to . Once I get to work I'm not going out for food .
Banned
Feb 7, 2005
4498 posts
1191 upvotes
weedb0y wrote: For your intake you listed, you shouldn't have 'beer belly'. You must be eating some extra calories somewhere. Use an app like chronometer to measure your intake now and then compare with what you end up eating afterwards.
I just finished a job where I drove all day . Bad eating habits on the road . Plus some IPA beer here and there . What I posted is what I'm trying to stick to . Once I get to work I'm not going out for food .
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2010
10717 posts
5521 upvotes
Toronto
you have one muffin every day but stay away from potatoes?
not one mention of a vegetable other than the cherry tomatoes (which are botanically a fruit)?
i would waste away on a diet like that...without all the walking. i do lift a few times a week.
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2009
1676 posts
1424 upvotes
Toronto
Track your weight, food, energy levels and actual distance walked for a few weeks and it will be easier to adjust after collecting that data.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2009
12381 posts
11307 upvotes
Walking 14km a day... you will lose weight unless you diet consists of only Burger King and donuts.
Nov 4, 2009
36 posts
22 upvotes
Winnipeg
SPEND 100 ON A GOOD PAIR OF WALKING SHOES. I LIKE NEW BALANCE AS I HAVE WIDE FEET. HAVE A BANANA AND WATER AT BREAKS TO DEAL WITH STAMINA
KEEP STRETCHING YOUT CALVES , HAMSTRINGS, AND LOWER BACK TO MINIMZE INJURY.
Temp. Banned
Dec 18, 2009
1709 posts
912 upvotes
Toronto
This is is no way meant to be derogatory, I am hoping this might help in some way.

Sorry OP, you are in denial. I deal with this every day. You are overweight. If you logged every single thing you eat each day without fibbing, you will see where the extra fat and calories are being consumed. Please speak with a REGISTERED DIETITIAN if you want scientifically based advice. A nutritionist is NOT a dietitian. Of course, if you are a body builder, I stand corrected.
Banned
Aug 23, 2019
897 posts
470 upvotes
pfbmgd wrote: Just started a new position at work where I will be walking 10 to 14 km a day . What type of calories do I require daily. My current diet is below .

Two hard boiled eggs with 2 slices of bacon and a muffin for breakfast .

Mid morning snack is a banana.

For lunch I have sandwich with roast beef of prosciutto with cheese on rye . Along with some cherries tomatoes .

For dinner is varies from beef to chicken . I try to stay away from potatoes as much as possible .

Is this enough food for my job ? I'm a male 5'10 and 225 pounds . What do I need to increase ?
14km is not a lot. slow walking it's like 400 calorie burn total..... calm down... this guy worry about calories..

FYI 2 slices bacon + muffin + eggs.. you're lining yourself up for a heart attack... How old are you?

your diet is shit. proschuito/sandwhiches? jeez, try a salad.

Im a fat ass too.. but damn bro I'm 6'1 and weigh 225 pounds.. and I have a beer belly to... FYI that's where most guys have their fat.....

Yeah you really need to revaluate your diet... Cut that MUFFIN. and switch from eating sandwiches to chicken breasts and veggies..
Banned
Feb 7, 2005
4498 posts
1191 upvotes
Doebird wrote: 14km is not a lot. slow walking it's like 400 calorie burn total..... calm down... this guy worry about calories..

FYI 2 slices bacon + muffin + eggs.. you're lining yourself up for a heart attack... How old are you?

your diet is shit. proschuito/sandwhiches? jeez, try a salad.

Im a fat ass too.. but damn bro I'm 6'1 and weigh 225 pounds.. and I have a beer belly to... FYI that's where most guys have their fat.....

Yeah you really need to revaluate your diet... Cut that MUFFIN. and switch from eating sandwiches to chicken breasts and veggies..
Had my cholesterol checked and it`s fine as is my heart . I have been my weight since I was 18 . It might fluctuate 10 pounds up in winter . But It goes down 10 in the summer . BTW I`m far from a " fat ass " .
Banned
Aug 23, 2019
897 posts
470 upvotes
pfbmgd wrote: Had my cholesterol checked and it`s fine as is my heart . I have been my weight since I was 18 . It might fluctuate 10 pounds up in winter . But It goes down 10 in the summer . BTW I`m far from a " fat ass " .
keep telling yourself that.
Banned
Feb 7, 2005
4498 posts
1191 upvotes
Doebird wrote: keep telling yourself that.
Ya ok . Thanks for your useless advice .