Health & Wellness

New job walking 10 to 14 km a day diet .

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 25th, 2019 7:22 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2005
4352 posts
1002 upvotes

New job walking 10 to 14 km a day diet .

Just started a new position at work where I will be walking 10 to 14 km a day . What type of calories do I require daily. My current diet is below .

Two hard boiled eggs with 2 slices of bacon and a muffin for breakfast .

Mid morning snack is a banana.

For lunch I have sandwich with roast beef of prosciutto with cheese on rye . Along with some cherries tomatoes .

For dinner is varies from beef to chicken . I try to stay away from potatoes as much as possible .

Is this enough food for my job ? I'm a male 5'10 and 225 pounds . What do I need to increase ?
Suspended on May 21,2020 for 90 days by Mars2012 . Still serving sentence .
33 replies
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
13209 posts
2220 upvotes
City of Vancouver
BMI calculator: https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educat ... micalc.htm

I recommend eating complex carbs like potatoes (baked or boiled), ditching the bad stuff in ur current diet, and finding comfortable shoes.
De gustibus non est disputandum
Reverse dysfunction one step at a time.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2005
4352 posts
1002 upvotes
Kiraly wrote: You're overthinking it. Just eat normally. You sound a little on the heavy side anyway? I'm one inch shorter than you and weigh 80 pounds less. If you have no body fat to lose, you must be built like a bulldog.
I have a bit of a beer belly . But when people look at me they never believe my weight . Both kids are skinny but they both weigh a ton .
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2005
4352 posts
1002 upvotes
Becks wrote: BMI calculator: https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educat ... micalc.htm

I recommend eating complex carbs like potatoes (baked or boiled), ditching the bad stuff in ur current diet, and finding comfortable shoes.

These guides always put me as obese . I have a bit of a beer belly . I doubt anyone would call me even close to fat .
Deal Fanatic
May 14, 2009
6403 posts
1211 upvotes
Just see what happens and increase your intake to match your hunger and energy level.
Deal Guru
Aug 6, 2001
14776 posts
2750 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
pfbmgd wrote: These guides always put me as obese . I have a bit of a beer belly . I doubt anyone would call me even close to fat .
For your intake you listed, you shouldn't have 'beer belly'. You must be eating some extra calories somewhere. Use an app like chronometer to measure your intake now and then compare with what you end up eating afterwards.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 24, 2012
5650 posts
1823 upvotes
Space
Need a more accurate intake list. At your weight you’re definitely eating more than what you wrote. I would start walking without changing a thing. See how that goes first.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2005
4352 posts
1002 upvotes
weedb0y wrote: For your intake you listed, you shouldn't have 'beer belly'. You must be eating some extra calories somewhere. Use an app like chronometer to measure your intake now and then compare with what you end up eating afterwards.
I just finished a job where I drove all day . Bad eating habits on the road . Plus some IPA beer here and there . What I posted is what I'm trying to stick to . Once I get to work I'm not going out for food .
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2005
4352 posts
1002 upvotes
weedb0y wrote: For your intake you listed, you shouldn't have 'beer belly'. You must be eating some extra calories somewhere. Use an app like chronometer to measure your intake now and then compare with what you end up eating afterwards.
I just finished a job where I drove all day . Bad eating habits on the road . Plus some IPA beer here and there . What I posted is what I'm trying to stick to . Once I get to work I'm not going out for food .
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2010
9388 posts
3655 upvotes
Toronto
you have one muffin every day but stay away from potatoes?
not one mention of a vegetable other than the cherry tomatoes (which are botanically a fruit)?
i would waste away on a diet like that...without all the walking. i do lift a few times a week.
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2009
1090 posts
512 upvotes
Toronto
Track your weight, food, energy levels and actual distance walked for a few weeks and it will be easier to adjust after collecting that data.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 9, 2009
9647 posts
7256 upvotes
Walking 14km a day... you will lose weight unless you diet consists of only Burger King and donuts.
Nov 4, 2009
25 posts
6 upvotes
Winnipeg
SPEND 100 ON A GOOD PAIR OF WALKING SHOES. I LIKE NEW BALANCE AS I HAVE WIDE FEET. HAVE A BANANA AND WATER AT BREAKS TO DEAL WITH STAMINA
KEEP STRETCHING YOUT CALVES , HAMSTRINGS, AND LOWER BACK TO MINIMZE INJURY.