• Jun 30th, 2021 9:13 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
17392 posts
4493 upvotes
Toronto

A new kind of underwear

Anybody planning on buying these? Self Cleaning underwear.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
12 replies
Deal Guru
Apr 23, 2007
10040 posts
1230 upvotes
Mississauga
"Made with materals that kill bacteria over time"
What if it shii in my pants, will it clean that?

Also to all the travelers who travel minimally; is it really THAT hard to pack more than 1 pair of underwear?!
RFD 43-0-0
Ebay 37-0-0
|Dance.Flirt.Music.Chill|
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
17392 posts
4493 upvotes
Toronto
XxXSnake23XxX wrote: "Made with materals that kill bacteria over time"
I highly doubt it. Maybe that's why they encourage you to buy two pairs for $69.
A second pair just in case such an emergency happens. lol
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Deal Guru
Jun 24, 2006
10457 posts
4558 upvotes
I think I will just continue to wash mine the old fashion way and always pack extra. 3 pairs per day I am travelling is my standard.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
42921 posts
7065 upvotes
XxXSnake23XxX wrote: "Made with materals that kill bacteria over time"

Also to all the travelers who travel minimally; is it really THAT hard to pack more than 1 pair of underwear?!
I take 5 pairs with me. If I need to stay longer on a business trip, there’s always dry cleaning done by the hotel. Or a washer/dryer on-site.
Blanka
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
19302 posts
7451 upvotes
Toronto
LOL at the price. 5 pairs barely take up any space.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2015
1875 posts
948 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Gutty96 wrote: I think I will just continue to wash mine the old fashion way and always pack extra. 3 pairs per day I am travelling is my standard.
I must be reading this wrong.

If you're travelling for 5 days you take 15 pairs of underwear?

Or did you mean a pair for every 3 days of travel?

Is it really that hard to clean your underwear in the sink, and just alternate? Heck, even when hiking it's not difficult to clean underwear.
Deal Guru
Jun 24, 2006
10457 posts
4558 upvotes
Andy34 wrote: I must be reading this wrong.

If you're travelling for 5 days you take 15 pairs of underwear?

Or did you mean a pair for every 3 days of travel?

Is it really that hard to clean your underwear in the sink, and just alternate? Heck, even when hiking it's not difficult to clean underwear.
I don't travel that long usually, but yes. If I go for a weekend or long weekend trip, I want to have 3 pairs packed for each day I am gone. Boxers take up no space, so why try to stretch it.

Also, I am a dude, who sweats a lot, sometimes I change 1/2 way through the day just because, especially at somewhere like Darien Lake where outside all day, in and out of theater etc. At least, that's how u remember it, before Covid and all.
Oct 2, 2018
974 posts
834 upvotes
Toronto
For these self cleaning pair not likely, need to get out of that stink at the end of the day period. Require minimum 1 pair per day minimum plus a couple of extra just in case you have some extra engagements in the day, and 2 pairs per day is likely the max i go as i can always get some cleaned at the hotel should i have additional needs. I'm an old guy however, i can see active youth needing more as they work out and play sports leading to lots of extra pairs in an given timeframe, so i can see the 3 pairs if the days include sporting events that they are participating in.
Youth is the gift of nature, while age is a work of art.
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
17931 posts
15388 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Also tend to pack more than one pair of undies per day when I travel

I typically shower 2x a day

When I get up in the AM ... or if not then, after I visit the hotel gym for my morning work out or a swim

Next shower is after work, or before bed

Depends on what’s on the agenda

Like @Gutty96 if it’s an outdoorsy vacation in the sun ... May shower before dinner

I put on clean undies, after every shower. Dont think that is unusual. Not putting sweaty stink back on my clean bod
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2017
1980 posts
1473 upvotes
GTA West
I always carry 1 pair of undies for each day of travel, plus a couple more, or even double that amount for a sweaty tropical trip. They are small and fill in the gaps in a packed suitcase. I can't feel clean and fresh if I am not wearing clean underwear!

I have tried expensive travel undies that are supposed to dry overnight after washing etc., but nothing beats fresh white laundered cotton for comfort.

I would like to try some of those disposable products, like Depends, but I don't want to buy a whole box just for a trial fit. But you could just discard those every day and create space in your luggage for souvenirs and gifts. Sometimes I pack my oldest underwear and discard some of it along the way.