Home & Garden

New Konnected Alarm Panel Interface to integrate existing alarm systems to ST/HA

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 19th, 2018 11:36 am
[OP]
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
13731 posts
5330 upvotes
Toronto, ON

New Konnected Alarm Panel Interface to integrate existing alarm systems to ST/HA

It seems Konnected.io has rolled out a new product in addition to a solution to completely replace your existing (traditional) home alarm system. Their new product is called INTERFACE, and instead of replacing your home alarm system, it will work in conjunction with your existing system, allowing you to monitor and interact with your existing system using SmartThings, Home Assistant and other platforms.

https://konnected.io/products/konnected ... 9742421065

Video on the INTERFACE product:

Any thoughts? This seems to function similar to Envisalink, exception to have Envisalink controlled by SmartThings, my understanding was you need to run a server. It seems Konnected.io has ST integration out of the box. I just found this new product and I'm trying to determine if it's a better solution for me, as I'm trying to find a way to integrate my existing wired alarm system (DSC) into SmartThings, and keep my existing alarm system operating the same way (not necessarily going down the self-monitoring route yet but at least have the option to do so in the future).