Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
19658 posts
6593 upvotes
Toronto

New meaning to the words "BIG SLICE"

Remember Big Slice pizza?
Someone just went bigger... https://www.lamannabakery.com/

(Thank-you to @Gutty96 for updating to have just the Pizza pic showing, & not other food, Thank-you Narcity for original pic. https://www.narcity.com/toronto/eat-drink/ )
Last edited by playnicee1 on Aug 24th, 2021 4:13 pm, edited 6 times in total.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
43 replies
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
18360 posts
1315 upvotes
Elmira
If that's an actual pic, doesn't look very good IMO
a closed mind is already defeated
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
19658 posts
6593 upvotes
Toronto
Gutty96 wrote: Doughnuts removed.
Thank-you.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
19658 posts
6593 upvotes
Toronto
duckdown wrote: If that's an actual pic, doesn't look very good IMO
@ $28 a slice (for Pepperoni, $2-$3 extra for other toppings) You'd expect something good.
What's wrong? Looks okay to me. Loaded with Pepperoni.
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
18360 posts
1315 upvotes
Elmira
playnicee1 wrote: @ $28 a slice (for Pepperoni, $2-$3 extra for other toppings) You'd expect something good.
What's wrong? Looks okay to me. Loaded with Pepperoni.
Just not my style.. Looks very heavy.. Reminds me of standard small town Ontario pizza.. too much cheese and too thick of a crust.. I don't care for those style pepperoni's and I can tell without even tasting them.. I already know the type and judging by the cook on them in that pic..

Sounds strange but I can imagine that pizza without even having it.

On a related note, a lot of the better places are using something called "cup n char" pepperonis lately -- Those Pizza Guys in St Jacobs and Cowabunga in Hamilton etc all come to mind.. it's all about the crispy edges!

https://i0.wp.com/blog.slicelife.com/wp ... C630&ssl=1
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
19658 posts
6593 upvotes
Toronto
duckdown wrote: Just not my style..
Okay...
If they could sell me a very small slice version ($5 or less) of the same pizza, just to try for taste, I might be more interested.
Hopefully a smaller slice is made the exact same way.

Also note, they do offer choice. You can pay $28 for a 21 inch Pepperoni Pizza if that is preferred.
Deal Expert
Jul 23, 2007
15068 posts
7907 upvotes
Toronto
It's a cheat.
I wanna a proper wedge from a 5 foot diameter pizza!

I remember watching worlds largest pizza on something like "That's Incredible" and is was simply a bunch of overlapping pizzas on a huge outdoor pan ... bogus!
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2010
10223 posts
4656 upvotes
Toronto
Uh, they didn’t just go bigger. They’ve had the huge pizza slice gimmick for years.
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
18360 posts
1315 upvotes
Elmira
jenviea wrote: It's a cheat.

I remember watching worlds largest pizza on something like "That's Incredible" and is was simply a bunch of overlapping pizzas on a huge outdoor pan ... bogus!
This would be much more proper
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
19658 posts
6593 upvotes
Toronto
To quote some of the comments on this video: "It's not a slice, it's a triangle Pizza" lol, good way to put it!

Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
50006 posts
14053 upvotes
ONTARIO
This is the dumbest thing ever.

I love it!

But only looking @ it. Like duckdown said, i can tell it isnt good pizza. Already clued in its a big triangle pizza and not a big slice.

Someone should make over the top pizza hut inspired pizzas. With some crazy cheese/meat/exploding stuffed topping pastry bites as the crust.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2004
9779 posts
2034 upvotes
Toronto

duckdown wrote: This would be much more proper
It's not really a slice if it did not come from a whole pizza.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
19658 posts
6593 upvotes
Toronto
Okay so maybe I should have left the doughnut pic up, lol (deleted because it was showing regular doughnuts, not slices)

I've heard of a Dessert Pizza, but now this? lol

Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
19529 posts
2242 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble
I saw one place making that for a challenge they just make a sheet pan pizza and cut the sides off so if you’re expecting the other slices to complete the conglomerate pizza think again. Those do exist but somehow they never come close to being the same as the regular sized pizzas in looks, texture and presumably taste? It light have to do with the oven or their prepping since it’s so huge they have to take short cuts. Local boy furious Pete was part of one such challenge. I would do this slice dirty though. I haven’t had pizza in months.
Jun 10, 2004
230 posts
31 upvotes

Saw a guy carrying one of those boxes on a recent trip to Las Vegas. Did a double take, wow, the box is enormous.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
19658 posts
6593 upvotes
Toronto
ezddrstyle wrote: Saw a guy carrying one of those boxes on a recent trip to Las Vegas. Did a double take, wow, the box is enormous.
Just one guy? You mean it didn't take two to carry it? lol
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2012
1440 posts
769 upvotes
TORONTO
I've been meaning to order this ridiculous pizza for some time now. Haven't been to Lamana's since the pandemic hit. My wife loves their arancini, as do i.
I've had their regular slices and they're alright. A little bready but better than most fast food pizza shops. Now that I know how much it costs I actually might give it a try.

OP, when you said Big Slice... memories of drunken nights at "Big Slice" at Yonge & Gerrard hit me. Man I miss that za'. But places like Fresca and King Slice bring me back a little.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
19658 posts
6593 upvotes
Toronto
akswun wrote: OP, when you said Big Slice... memories of drunken nights at "Big Slice" at Yonge & Gerrard hit me. Man I miss that za'. But places like Fresca and King Slice bring me back a little.
You can still hit a Big slice on St. Clair, but it's a different business with no relation to the late great Yonge & Gerrard location. https://www.mybigslice.ca/

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)