• Feb 5th, 2018 2:16 pm
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 23, 2008
12580 posts
1471 upvotes
Brampton

New Mr Sub reward points

I see Mr Sub now has a reward points program. Is it any good? Not a lot of info about how it works on this website:

Your text to link here...

then it takes you to here:

Your text to link here...

How many points per purchased sub? How many points do you need to redeem for a free sub?
Lets Go Blue Jays!!!
26 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2011
3478 posts
677 upvotes
Allenford
When I was younger (eons ago) I thought Mr. Sub was crap compared to subway. Now I find they have real food taste compared to subway and will only eat subs from there the odd time we get subs. Stores are clean (here anyway), pleasant staff etc.

Will check out the points, thanks OP!
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
19342 posts
6320 upvotes
Toronto
cheapmeister wrote: I see Mr Sub now has a reward points program.
How many points per purchased sub? How many points do you need to redeem for a free sub?
It looks like MTY group has failed to release that information as of yet.
So far, It looks like anyone can eat at any participating MTY restaurant, but only cash in at
These places: (Unless they have not yet updated their website?)
La Cremiere
Thai Express
Sushi Shop
Valentine
Sushiman

https://mtyrewards.ca/benefits/
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
11920 posts
4688 upvotes
I might actually go to Mr. Sub more often. There is one right beside my office and I rarely ever go.

I find Subway has more promos and deals. Mr. Sub never has anything going on. I wonder how many subs I need to buy to get a "free" one?
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
4128 posts
937 upvotes
Sask.
Have always liked Mr. Sub the best - but years ago there used to be coupons out, not for ages around here.
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2008
10918 posts
2033 upvotes
Mr. Sub was ALWAYS better than Subway. I don't eat that stuff anymore but yeah I loved going to Mr. Sub back in the day.
Mar 19, 2013
704 posts
215 upvotes
Prince Albert, Sask.
I'm a Mr.Sub fan. They are hard to find. We I live we have 4 Subways, 1 Mr.Sub. In Sask. only 6 total.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
11920 posts
4688 upvotes
Mr Sub used to be awesome but Subway has out marketed them to near death.

I like Mr. Sub subs just as much but between the $3,99 sub of the day ($5 footlongs in the past), coupons, $25 gift card promos and special limited time subs Mr. Sub is almost invisible in my mind. Add in Quiznos and other gourmet sandwich shops and yikes!

MTY will have to do more than just a loyalty card to get sales moving. Such a tuff business.
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2006
1144 posts
3 upvotes
North York
The Mayo is so much better at Mr Sub.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
28920 posts
14452 upvotes
UrbanPoet wrote: Tongue in cheek bro. Mr sub locations have been dwindling thanks to the popularity of Jared's subway campaign of the 90's/early 2000's.
Yeah really... I remember seeing them back during the same times but checking their location list, there's literally zero in BC/Alberta.
I remember a bunch in Calgary back in the day.
speedyforme wrote: Mr. Sub was ALWAYS better than Subway.
I mean... my memories are 20 years old at this point since they don't seem to exist in Western Canada but I always used to laugh at the perfectly shaped meat and cheese relative to buns.
Not to say that Subway is good in terms of food quality but if you give me perfectly square things it basically tells me you're using pressed meat.
That's not saying that Subway and their non perfectly shaped meat is better but in my head it sounded good.
Do you not have anything else to do rather than argue with strangers on the internet
Nope. That's why I'm on the internet arguing with strangers. If I had anything better to do I'd probably be doing it.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2011
4189 posts
11553 upvotes
>er YEG pi-r-sq'd
death_hawk wrote: Yeah really... I remember seeing them back during the same times but checking their location list, there's literally zero in BC/Alberta.
I'm seeing 3 in BC and 21 in AB.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
28920 posts
14452 upvotes
trystee wrote: I'm seeing 3 in BC and 21 in AB.
WOW WTF
Who wrote their location finder?

Looking at the image I just assumed that zero pins means zero locations.
It's only after you type in a postal code do you actually see a location.
There's apparently one in Vancouver.

Apparently BC/AB are dead to Mr Sub unless you really want to look.
Do you not have anything else to do rather than argue with strangers on the internet
Nope. That's why I'm on the internet arguing with strangers. If I had anything better to do I'd probably be doing it.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
19342 posts
6320 upvotes
Toronto
death_hawk wrote: Apparently BC/AB are dead to Mr Sub unless you really want to look.
I wonder if MTY group believes that Mr. Sub is a threat to something else they already own in BC/AB?
I doubt it, but I didn't want to rule out the thought.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2009
12363 posts
11259 upvotes
they changed their grilled chicken and i dont like it now.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2011
4189 posts
11553 upvotes
>er YEG pi-r-sq'd
death_hawk wrote: WOW WTF
Who wrote their location finder?

Apparently BC/AB are dead to Mr Sub unless you really want to look.
Agreed, their location finding map is sub-par.

Perhaps they feel that Mr Sub in BC/AB locations are doing fine that they don't need to be found without some effort and focus of the map is on the other provinces needing customers?
playnicee1 wrote: I wonder if MTY group believes that Mr. Sub is a threat to something else they already own in BC/AB?
I doubt it, but I didn't want to rule out the thought.
I checked MTY's list of companies and don't see anything they own that might be seen as competitive.
Deal Expert
Jul 22, 2006
22239 posts
2900 upvotes
Who has the better steak and cheese?
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
49464 posts
13027 upvotes
T.O. Lotto Captain
george__ wrote: Who has the better steak and cheese?
Mr sub is better... i like the bread. It taste... bready. Like a roll you'd get @ the supermarket. Subway has this fastfood taste to it... its hard to explain.

I don't mind subway... its all just convienence food. I just prefer mr sub during that rare chance i'm near one.