New Oakley Holbrooks (Asian Fit)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 11th, 2019 5:30 pm
Tags:
Dec 18, 2010
8 posts
Toronto

New Oakley Holbrooks (Asian Fit)

Just received my first pair of Oakley's FedEx'd this past Monday.

Boxes had the printing but no stickers. Odd. Made me worry for a second but then I did order direct from Oakley Canada. They were "Custom Holbrooks (Asian Fit". They messed up and put in the wrong lens (tungsten instead of Prizm Road). Which in hindsight was a good thing..as the Prizm Road lens are a bit too "red/purple tinted (front)". I would have bought another pair later W/ Prizm Tungsten. So it actually worked out.

Still, I told Oakley Canada they messed up..they offered to "reship" a new pair or give me a refund. I asked for another pair as spec'd by me (hence, custom). Just hope they don't accidentally charge me a 2nd time. :)

Brief review: Frame--sits on my face comfortably. Bottom of lens does not sit on my high cheekbones. Like "standard fit frames" would. The lens--looking through them the tint is spot on. It's like there's almost no tint but they shield the UV/UVB and the glare...almost as if they were polarized. Plastic frame...at first I thought they felt cheap and looked cheap as there are no metal parts. But I quickly got used to the build after wearing them once when I was out. Changed my opinion...didn't feel the build was bad...just ad to accept an all plastic build (Oakley does sell Holbrooks in par t-metal and all metal...the half-metal is available in Asian Fit ).

For those that don't know..."Asian Fit" frames (offensive...Ray-Ban calls them "alternate fit")..are not only for Asians with "lower or flat nose bridges...and high cheekbones". As people from other ethnicities have similar face shapes. Professional models have high cheek bone. Etc.

Might buy another pair of Oakley's one day. Want to try a pair of Ray-Ban New Wayferer Polarized in 58mm (Asian Fit..2132F) next.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)