Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Fido

Locked: New offers from Student Phones @ RFD - Expired

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 16th, 2006 7:33 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2005
7483 posts
287 upvotes
Ottawa
Tripodman wrote:Bottom line is that while some companies deserve a second chance, realistically some don't, and I believe Student Phones is one of them, you guys had a good run, upset many people and a lot of RFD's so please just do us all a favor and roll over and die.
Couldn't agree more (especially the last part).
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2002
1919 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
Wow, that UPS excuse is BS. At least own up to your mistakes, and people may give you a second chance.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 8, 2005
6652 posts
1509 upvotes
Ontario
I will personally never use SPS again, they have poor service and I never received my credits without hassling them for the caller id and voicemail. However, recently my friend signed up with them and got 2 MP3 players... one in person, and one in the mail :lol: Too bad that thing is worth crap.
Mar 1, 2005
6568 posts
4489 upvotes
Toronto
speaking about credits and poor service i almost forgot that they chraged me twice (once when i ordered and once on my fido invoice) for a m55 i ordered. tried calling like 8 times to sps and 3 times to fido and they said i had to take it up with sps....and all sps told me was to call back or it will be done after 3.5 months i gave up......guess somethings don't change......it's been like this for 2+ years....
:arrowd: B/S/T Threads :arrowd:
[FS] N/A
[WTB] N/A

price error
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2004
2126 posts
115 upvotes
Medicine Hat
Pr0metheus wrote:I will personally never use SPS again, they have poor service and I never received my credits without hassling them for the caller id and voicemail. However, recently my friend signed up with them and got 2 MP3 players... one in person, and one in the mail :lol: Too bad that thing is worth crap.
same here, i have to fight for my credit that was the whole point of using them. i had to call 3 times. fun.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2005
6568 posts
4489 upvotes
Toronto
look like the only hot thing in here are the heads of the people who studentphones aka studentphonestore screwed....
:arrowd: B/S/T Threads :arrowd:
[FS] N/A
[WTB] N/A

price error
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2005
4142 posts
1 upvote
BeaverLiquor wrote:look like the only hot thing in here are the heads of the people who studentphones aka studentphonestore screwed....
Happens everytime they post a "DEAL".... everyone gets "diu-ed".

Stupid Phone Store!
Want some disappointment?
"That was easy!"

There are some things money can't buy, for the widest selection of these items, there is Stooples
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2004
2126 posts
115 upvotes
Medicine Hat
StudentPhonesB wrote: As for the Caller ID and Voicemail issues, it was quite a roller coaster ride for us too. Most of the issues revolve around the time between October 2005 and November 2005. At that time, Fido changed their BCC billing system to the Vision21 system. Many of the promotional codes from the accounts were not transferred over properly. Given that many of our customers were affected by this, we are truly sorry about this. We keep requesting Fido to add the promotional code back on. This process took a long time given the large amount of customers. Anyone who applied for the Student Bonus after November 2005 should have it consistently applied to the account. That is one of the advantage of the Vision21 system over BCC. If you wish, you can PM or e-mail me with your issues. I will compile a list for Fido, so that they can solve it. Fido is very concerned about their reputation at Redflagdeals too.

so my credits from april 2003, that was just you guys ****ing up? ohhhh

alot of excuses for years of poor service.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 8, 2005
6652 posts
1509 upvotes
Ontario
kcjchan wrote:
Stupid Phone Store!
:lol: I like that. Time to share it with the world!
744 posts
1 upvote
yes Stupid Phone Store.

I got 2 lovely gifts from them that I will forever hold dear and never forget.

Gift 1:

Credit card number and info stolen when their database got broken into.

Gift 2:

Tons of spam when SPS failed to use the undisclosed recipients option when notifying their customers about the credit info being stolen, where every customer could see every other customer's email address.

THANKS SPS! :D
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2004
8495 posts
2740 upvotes
Milton
Like I said from the start, avoid them.
Deal Guru
Dec 30, 2004
13095 posts
884 upvotes
Toronto
soarlow wrote: Tons of spam when SPS failed to use the undisclosed recipients option when notifying their customers about the credit info being stolen, where every customer could see every other customer's email address.
Same situation with that "free" Monopoly game over in the Freebies section :lol:
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2006
2470 posts
1415 upvotes
Just want to "confirm" how horrible this company is. I've had a VERY bad experience with them...would never reccommend this POS excuse of a company to anyone.

Be warned.
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2005
4142 posts
1 upvote
winner2000 wrote:Just want to "confirm" how horrible this company is. I've had a VERY bad experience with them...would never reccommend this POS excuse of a company to anyone.

Be warned.
I think we scared them away! :lol:
Want some disappointment?
"That was easy!"

There are some things money can't buy, for the widest selection of these items, there is Stooples

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)