• Last Updated:
  • Jun 12th, 2021 2:19 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2003
2305 posts
326 upvotes
For last weekend and this weekend coming up, Enterprise website has been the same as Costco. It's giving me "standard" class cars for $26 a day. Entering in any of the codes found in this thread actually raises the price.
Deal Guru
Jul 20, 2006
10237 posts
3642 upvotes
oakvilles wrote: I need to book a 7-seater SUV for a week (last week of Dec to first week of Jan), with some family visiting us here. Any idea what the best price should be? Costco Travel is showing about $900, including tax (and 2 child booster seats), for pickup/dropoff at YYZ. Seems super expensive...
I don't if you were able to get something but I am seeing between $500 (Van) and $576 for an SUV from the 28th Dec, to January 4th at the airport. unlimited mileage travelling to the States through Easy Car rental.
Feb 4, 2019
5 posts
2 upvotes
bobcat99 wrote: If you are anywhere near an airport going through https://www.easyrentcars.com got me the best rate.
$300 for a Jeep Wrangler for 3 weeks. Was worth going down from AJax.
Hey I'm quoted for about 600 for a similar car rental. How could I get a quote like yours. 300 is amazing for the wrangler type class.
Deal Guru
Jul 20, 2006
10237 posts
3642 upvotes
richboysellin wrote: Hey I'm quoted for about 600 for a similar car rental. How could I get a quote like yours. 300 is amazing for the wrangler type class.
Depends on the demand, assuming demand is high during Christmas, if that is what you are trying for. But the offers here were even better than Costcotravel which I have used primarly in the past..
Aug 9, 2018
8 posts
1 upvote
FYI I am a federal public servant, so I use the car rental code when I travel for work and for leisure. I booked cars in three difference provinces in 2019 and every single rental asked for my government I.D. to honour the rate. Just an FYI in case you try to use it. Have a back-up plan just in case. Cheers!
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2012
1211 posts
535 upvotes
Toronto
stealzndealz wrote: FYI I am a federal public servant, so I use the car rental code when I travel for work and for leisure. I booked cars in three difference provinces in 2019 and every single rental asked for my government I.D. to honour the rate. Just an FYI in case you try to use it. Have a back-up plan just in case. Cheers!
Will this be honored for fed gov employee for leisure?
JS
Jul 4, 2010
11 posts
1 upvote
Used "PSPTDUP" on June 13th for a 5% discounted stated as "PASSPORT DOUBLE UPG". Came in much lower than my corporate account.
Jun 4, 2018
309 posts
200 upvotes
TrojanHorse wrote: Used "PSPTDUP" on June 13th for a 5% discounted stated as "PASSPORT DOUBLE UPG". Came in much lower than my corporate account.
CSTCUPG offers 7% off if you are a costco member
Apr 18, 2017
611 posts
306 upvotes
Ottawa
rrabbit10 wrote: I used the link from the first post: FEDERAL GOVERNMENT-CANADIAN which sends you to the legacy site.
I then tried inputting the code (T20132) on the new site and I got the same results as on the legacy site. Much cheaper than Costcotravel!
enterprise.jpg
Thanks. Was able to book today to visit my parents with this :)
May 5, 2007
933 posts
276 upvotes
North York
Did they ask for ID for federal employee when booking?
Sep 6, 2019
86 posts
74 upvotes
afshaikh wrote: Did they ask for ID for federal employee when booking?
Depends on the location but yes, they should be asking for ID as per their policy. The location near my place has never asked me for ID but another one ~10mins away has always asked me for ID.

edit: Sorry, they wouldn't ask for ID when booking online but if you're booking in person or picking a car (after booking online), they can ask for ID.
Aug 9, 2018
8 posts
1 upvote
afshaikh wrote: Did they ask for ID for federal employee when booking?
I am a federal employee and I have booked cars for leisure in three different provinces. I've been asked for my government employee ID at the rental counter every single time. I bet they're even MORE vigilant now given that these car rental companies have been hemorrhaging money since the pandemic began.

Edit: When they realize you are fraudulently representing yourself a federal employee, they'll probably give you their regular rate which may be higher than other promotions you'll find online.
Jul 9, 2020
1 posts
2 upvotes
I just entered the code on Enterprise.ca (T20132) it worked.. the original rental was $42/day it dropped to $37/day after code. It also says a corporate number has been entered. Federal government as you said.
I have booked the car, ill go and pick it up now and see if there are any hassles.. ill post back
Jun 4, 2018
309 posts
200 upvotes
JayC69007 wrote: I just entered the code on Enterprise.ca (T20132) it worked.. the original rental was $42/day it dropped to $37/day after code. It also says a corporate number has been entered. Federal government as you said.
I have booked the car, ill go and pick it up now and see if there are any hassles.. ill post back
have you picked up the car yet?
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2008
1067 posts
267 upvotes
Seems they were thrown in jail for impersonating a government employee lol
Apr 18, 2017
611 posts
306 upvotes
Ottawa
finnmacool wrote: The Fed Gov rate may be cheaper but not so if you're redeeming Plus points. Using the Costco cde, CSTCVST
, points per day were 950 for SUV, 1500 per day with Fed Gov code.
Thanks!
Sep 21, 2006
526 posts
181 upvotes
Amherstview
AlexS37855 wrote: CSTCUPG offers 7% off if you are a costco member
Do they check if you are a Costco member?

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)