• Sep 9th, 2020 12:45 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 24, 2015
6831 posts
2143 upvotes
0 downvotes

New Ontario Logo on overhead electronic signs

Not sure if you guys noticed but the MTO has been slowly replacing the old Ontario logo from the liberal government era, the one that people say looks like 3 men in a hot tub, with the new Ontario Trillium that the Progressive Conservatives have started using on Government Advertising.
Has anyone else noticed?
For me it looks kinda cool, kinda fresh looking and more modern
I like it.
And yes I think the old logo does indeed remind me of 3 men in a hot tub, no pun intended, lol just sayin

Here is what I am refering to:

OLD:

NEW:

The only other signs that dont have either old or new ontario logos are the signs on the Gardiner Express Way (GEW) and Queen Elizabeth Way (QEW) they have no logo on the top right, probably cus theyre Toronto Owned highways not Provincial ones.
What do you all think?
Say NO to the WAR!
PEACE is the answer!
8 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2012
1936 posts
3224 upvotes
Thunder Bay, ON
Surprised that it took DoFo so long to get rid of it. That many people in a hot tub violates social distancing rules. And people thought it was 3 public servants enjoying a govt paid spa day.

Seriously though it's an improvement. I never liked that splat logo.
I solemnly swear, to never assume I have an inkling at which direction the market will head, and to never make any investments based on a timing strategy.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 20, 2018
6714 posts
5819 upvotes
Well they spent like $1M on it so might as well put it on even though most don't notice.

It should at least stick more than the money wasted on gas station stickers and the defective license plates
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
7943 posts
4886 upvotes
Mississauga
So it’s like the old logo from the 1990’s and earlier.
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2007
1304 posts
946 upvotes
Mississauga
GoodFellaz wrote: Not sure if you guys noticed but the MTO has been slowly replacing the old Ontario logo from the liberal government era, the one that people say looks like 3 men in a hot tub, with the new Ontario Trillium that the Progressive Conservatives have started using on Government Advertising.
Has anyone else noticed?
For me it looks kinda cool, kinda fresh looking and more modern
I like it.
And yes I think the old logo does indeed remind me of 3 men in a hot tub, no pun intended, lol just sayin

Here is what I am refering to:

OLD:

NEW:

The only other signs that dont have either old or new ontario logos are the signs on the Gardiner Express Way (GEW) and Queen Elizabeth Way (QEW) they have no logo on the top right, probably cus theyre Toronto Owned highways not Provincial ones.
What do you all think?
if they just replaced the logo waste of money and time... i haven't/payed attention to the logo in all the times i have driven on the hiway to begin with.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 24, 2015
6831 posts
2143 upvotes
0 downvotes
I like it. I think it looks clean and simple and effective. The image of a province actually helps sell it to other markets. so why the heck not?
Say NO to the WAR!
PEACE is the answer!
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2004
4479 posts
1845 upvotes
Durham Region
The one in your "NEW" photo is actually the old one from pre-2005. The new new logo has the trillium on the right side of the Ontario wordmark and the colours are inverted.

That being said, MTO will only bother changing the logos when the signs are maintained or replaced for other reasons.
Images
  • download.png
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 24, 2015
6831 posts
2143 upvotes
0 downvotes
Well, I could not find a proper picture, one does not exist on google and i did not take one so I "borrowed" that pic from the MTO web site, guess htey have old photos of their overhead signs dating back to 2005 and older eh? well the good news is the logo is being updated, its about time!
Say NO to the WAR!
PEACE is the answer!
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2006
12748 posts
7410 upvotes
Brampton
It's silly.
All this rebranding. It's all the same shit. The new/old logo is old. The splat is old/new is relatively new but looks messy.

Then again I think all rebranding is silly, but all Companies think it's edgy and daring.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)