• Oct 24th, 2019 2:32 pm
[OP]
Jun 21, 2008
541 posts
144 upvotes
mississauga

new oven, freezer and fridge

mods move if wrong forum
need new oven, old one crapped out. Need self cleaning and ceramic cooktop, other stuff please advise
thank you in advance
30(Length)X26(Width)X35(height)
15 replies
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2005
5966 posts
1285 upvotes
Montreal
Seriously consider spending the extra for an extended warrantee - particularly for a stove.
Phils
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
16215 posts
13502 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Too vague
More info needed
Example ... Gas, Electric, Budget etc

(See how other RFDers post such Questions in the Home & Garden Forum... where no doubt this will get moved to by the Mods)

home-garden-f53/
Jan 16, 2008
331 posts
125 upvotes
Chatham
jensen1 wrote: mods move if wrong forum
need new oven, old one crapped out. Need self cleaning and ceramic cooktop, other stuff please advise
thank you in advance
30(Length)X26(Width)X35(height)
OP, should have do own research first then ask for advise/compare about particular models.
Mar 11, 2002
851 posts
261 upvotes
My own experience in getting a whole home's worth (2 x washer/dryer, oven, stove, fridge, freezer, dishwasher) was going in with my list of appliances (Some stores do have store specific versions but on the most part everyone sells the same thing) and ask them for their best price. I did get around 40% off MSRP with free delivery/removal. Do your own research ahead of time, so you are not wasting their time and they will be more likely to give you a better deal. I would consider my purchase to be mid tier (Bosch 500/800/Benchmark on the most part, with some Samsung Laundry pieces mixed in).

Appliances have pretty big margin, and when I mentioned that another store had a floor model of x and I would buy it since it was almost half the price, they were able to give me a NIB of the same item at the same price. So keep that in mind.
[OP]
Jun 21, 2008
541 posts
144 upvotes
mississauga
MyLastWord wrote: OP, should have do own research first then ask for advise/compare about particular models.
Sorry for offending anybody, I was purposely being vague in case someone had already done the research(reinventing the wheel and all that)
I am doing my research but doesn't hurt to have rfd looking over my shoulder and teaching,guiding and generally helping. Trust me, plenty of that has happened so far. I find most people are genuinely helpful if you ask without ulterior motives, and if you do, they'll call you out on it, RFD doesn't suffer fools gladly
Thank you all
[OP]
Jun 21, 2008
541 posts
144 upvotes
mississauga
clboy wrote: My own experience in getting a whole home's worth (2 x washer/dryer, oven, stove, fridge, freezer, dishwasher) was going in with my list of appliances (Some stores do have store specific versions but on the most part everyone sells the same thing) and ask them for their best price. I did get around 40% off MSRP with free delivery/removal. Do your own research ahead of time, so you are not wasting their time and they will be more likely to give you a better deal. I would consider my purchase to be mid tier (Bosch 500/800/Benchmark on the most part, with some Samsung Laundry pieces mixed in).

Appliances have pretty big margin, and when I mentioned that another store had a floor model of x and I would buy it since it was almost half the price, they were able to give me a NIB of the same item at the same price. So keep that in mind.
Thank you, thank you. That was the kind of advice I was looking for. Will keep in mind. Please do not hesitate to post anything else that comes to mind regarding brands, stores, likes and dislikes, preferences one over the other, reliable brands, stores etc, much appreciated
[OP]
Jun 21, 2008
541 posts
144 upvotes
mississauga
death_hawk wrote: Ew. Why?
I have one and initially it was easy to clean(whole motivation of buying it in the first place) but not so much after a few years of use
[OP]
Jun 21, 2008
541 posts
144 upvotes
mississauga
Phils wrote: Seriously consider spending the extra for an extended warrantee - particularly for a stove.
good idea, definitely will do
[OP]
Jun 21, 2008
541 posts
144 upvotes
mississauga
PointsHubby wrote: Too vague
More info needed
Example ... Gas, Electric, Budget etc

(See how other RFDers post such Questions in the Home & Garden Forum... where no doubt this will get moved to by the Mods)
Thank you
at present i have electric, would prefer to stay that way unless somebody enlightens me on advantages of gas vs electricity
Also I did a quick google search in rfd about stoves and nothing popped up so if someone knows of a current or past discussion please do not hesitate to enlighten me. Also I live in the computers discussion forum so my knowledge of stuff outside it is very very limited but i'm a firm believer of learning new stuff
As for budget, i found out long ago that cheaping out in the short term has long term consequences, so I don't mind paying a little bit more to get quality goods that are reliable,efficient,durable etc
https://forums.redflagdeals.com/home-garden-f53/
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
16215 posts
13502 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
jensen1 wrote: Thank you
at present i have electric, would prefer to stay that way unless somebody enlightens me on advantages of gas vs electricity
Also I did a quick google search in rfd about stoves and nothing popped up so if someone knows of a current or past discussion please do not hesitate to enlighten me. Also I live in the computers discussion forum so my knowledge of stuff outside it is very very limited but i'm a firm believer of learning new stuff
As for budget, i found out long ago that cheaping out in the short term has long term consequences, so I don't mind paying a little bit more to get quality goods that are reliable,efficient,durable etc
Alright, Fair & honest answer

Here’s some RFD Tips to get you started

Main Directory for all Forums
(Provided cuz it’s good for future reference / knowing your way around RFD)
https://forums.redflagdeals.com/

Home & Garden Forum

Easiest way to find past threads on Appliances, I find is just open that directory
At the top of the page where it says SEARCH THIS FORUM type in the keyword ... Appliance
Appliance, Single with NO S
Cuz if someone started a thread on finding a fridge, they usually use the single form of Appliance somewhere in their post

Anyhow, lots of topics on Appliances
Seems every other day someone is asking about new ones or fixing what they have

Scroll thru the list of results
Or further screen down by typing in Oven
Or Fridge
Or Freezer
Etc

Here’s a good one from July
Where a guy had done some research and then posted for thoughts
I and others did some good replies

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/new-app ... e-2302479/

But as you can see, Appliances is a broad category
Lots of manufacturers & price points
So this is why it’s a good idea to use RFD as a sounding board once you know stuff like budget, what your needs / wants are
Vs being so vague as your OP post
Heck, I can sell you on a $ 500 Stove, a $ 5,000 one, or even a $ 50,000+ model (HELLO / BONJOUR to La Cornue out of France)

Appliances are kind of Jewellery for your house in some ways for many consumers
Are you a Timex sort of guy, or are you in want of a Rolex ?
[OP]
Jun 21, 2008
541 posts
144 upvotes
mississauga
PointsHubby wrote: Alright, Fair & honest answer

Here’s some RFD Tips to get you started

Main Directory for all Forums
(Provided cuz it’s good for future reference / knowing your way around RFD)
https://forums.redflagdeals.com/

Home & Garden Forum

Easiest way to find past threads on Appliances, I find is just open that directory
At the top of the page where it says SEARCH THIS FORUM type in the keyword ... Appliance
Appliance, Single with NO S
Cuz if someone started a thread on finding a fridge, they usually use the single form of Appliance somewhere in their post

Anyhow, lots of topics on Appliances
Seems every other day someone is asking about new ones or fixing what they have

Scroll thru the list of results
Or further screen down by typing in Oven
Or Fridge
Or Freezer
Etc

Here’s a good one from July
Where a guy had done some research and then posted for thoughts
I and others did some good replies

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/new-app ... e-2302479/

But as you can see, Appliances is a broad category
Lots of manufacturers & price points
So this is why it’s a good idea to use RFD as a sounding board once you know stuff like budget, what your needs / wants are
Vs being so vague as your OP post
Heck, I can sell you on a $ 500 Stove, a $ 5,000 one, or even a $ 50,000+ model (HELLO / BONJOUR to La Cornue out of France)

Appliances are kind of Jewellery for your house in some ways for many consumers
Are you a Timex sort of guy, or are you in want of a Rolex ?
Thank you for pointing me in tghe right direction, that's what rfd is all about.
Personally i'm the timex for the price of a roleks kind of guy(just kidding)
Keep the advice coming
Deal Fanatic
Jun 1, 2006
6931 posts
6438 upvotes
Toronto
jensen1 wrote: Thank you for pointing me in tghe right direction, that's what rfd is all about.
Personally i'm the timex for the price of a roleks kind of guy(just kidding)
Keep the advice coming
My advice: Rolex instead of roleks
I swear to drunk I'm not God 😝
Aug 2, 2013
70 posts
17 upvotes
I got an awesome deal at a Best Buy warehouse sale last year on scratch and dent appliances - the "scratches and dents" were not even visible and I saved a ton of money on them. Not really sure when they will be doing this again as the last one was in April 2019, but they also did one in January 2019. The warehouses are in Brampton, ON and Langley, BC if either of those are close to you.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
27311 posts
13016 upvotes
jensen1 wrote: I have one and initially it was easy to clean(whole motivation of buying it in the first place) but not so much after a few years of use
I mean... it'd be easy to clean for me too since I'd hate it to the point of never using it.
My mom had one. I actually preferred a butane hot pot burner I bought from T&T.

If you want the easy to clean and don't mind potentially buying new cookware, at least consider induction.
It's also electric, smooth top, no coils, but uses magnets and magic to heat the pan vs heating the element.

Obviously by my "ew" comment above, I like gas but I know it's not practical for everyone.
roblombardi wrote: My advice: Rolex instead of roleks
Genuine Ronex watch.