• Last Updated:
  • Dec 24th, 2019 11:51 pm
[OP]
Apr 28, 2015
5 posts
Alberta

New phone now or Boxing Day?

Hi all,
I'm looking at picking up a new phone for my teenage son and am just wondering if I should jump at the current sales or wait for the 26th to see if something better appears.

For extra context, the phone will be on Koodo but, of course, I'm willing to buy it from other retailers if the offer is right. At the moment I'm thinking of maybe a Huawei P30, LG G7, Samsung G9, or Pixel 3a/4 but that can change.

Thanks
3 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
15460 posts
12654 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
You’ll prob do better on Boxing Day ...
Esp as these Sales Guys are out to make Month End / Q End / Year End Quota that whole week
(December 26th to 31st)

Of your list ... I like the Samsung
Deal Fanatic
Oct 6, 2007
8582 posts
5430 upvotes
Kootenays
BelowZero wrote: Hi all,
I'm looking at picking up a new phone for my teenage son and am just wondering if I should jump at the current sales or wait for the 26th to see if something better appears.

For extra context, the phone will be on Koodo but, of course, I'm willing to buy it from other retailers if the offer is right. At the moment I'm thinking of maybe a Huawei P30, LG G7, Samsung G9, or Pixel 3a/4 but that can change.

Thanks
If you're with Koodo and plan on staying with them, the Samsung S9 is $192 right now ($8/ month for 24 months and you can buy it out after 90 days) for Certified Pre-Owned (CPO). They come as new without earbuds and you can buy it as an upgrade.
[OP]
Apr 28, 2015
5 posts
Alberta
Thank you both for the advice.
I hadn't really considered previously owned phones before, there are some decent offers there.