Food & Drink

New Pop Discussion (flavours, availability, sightings)

• Last Updated:
  • May 15th, 2022 3:58 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Oct 27, 2009
5148 posts
7497 upvotes
Ontario

New Pop Discussion (flavours, availability, sightings)

With Super Bowl approaching in early February, my burning question is whether Pepsi Throwback *might* be known to emerge in stores around this time. I saw it once last year just before it sold out in mid-May 2020.

Or can someone in the know advise of a likely retail date for this particular Pepsi product?

As I also like Coke with Stevia, I note that I can only ever find at Sobeys Extra or on the Voila grocery website. It seems to be unavailable except in the 500ml format in other stores.

Other pop brands-what's the buzz on upcoming flavours with your favourite brands?
Last edited by TomRFD on Mar 24th, 2022 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated title to reflect thread being ongoing
Ube pie-yum! It coordinates with Pantone's colour of the year for 2022.😃
567 replies
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
22899 posts
4373 upvotes
Toronto
I too am eagerly awaiting for Pepsi Throwback in 2021!!

Come on babbbyyyyy, need something to look forward to!!

FS: Nothing at the moment
Heatware: 63-0-0
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
20934 posts
5352 upvotes
Poormond Hill
Speaking of Throwback, I have two cans left from last year. BB date was Dec 21!
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Deal Guru
Nov 15, 2008
11494 posts
6341 upvotes
Do you guys know what we are missing out on because the border has been closed?

Pepsi Apple Pie - released in the US in November 2020.

Pepsi Cocoa Cola - coming soon.

pepsiapplepie.png
pepsicocoacola.png
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
22899 posts
4373 upvotes
Toronto
^ lolwtf is Pepsi Apple Pie?!!!??? Sounds narrrrssstttyyyy

Pepsi Cocoa Cola - like hot cocoa mixed with Pepsi? Sounds odd.....

I realize I am not a big fan of the flavoured colas except Cherry Coke & Pepsi. I don't even like the Quebec Maple Coke in a bottle.....tastes weird to me....

FS: Nothing at the moment
Heatware: 63-0-0
Deal Guru
Nov 15, 2008
11494 posts
6341 upvotes
I get a kick out of the name Pepsi Cocoa Cola because they are totally owning Coca Cola with that one. hmmm, maybe one day...I bet that Coca Cola will shrivel up & the brands will be sold off if trends continue. Bad news for Coke collectors - sell your collection now while the brand still exists!

PepsiCo owns food brands like Quaker & Frito Lay (Doritos, Ruffles, etc.) which are helping their bottom line, but Coca Cola is 100% beverages & they are really hurting right now because of the backlash against sugary drinks.

I like their AHA sparkling water because the flavours are complex, but it is so much more expensive than other sparkling waters out there. Even La Croix is cheaper.

Pepsi needs to come out with a Peach Bubly to knock out AHA Peach + Honey & La Croix Peach-Pear.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 5, 2001
8336 posts
8306 upvotes
Toronto
I typically buy Pepsi Zero or Coke Stevia.
Dec 8, 2015
401 posts
219 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Still looking for cranberry gingerale, in cans. Confused Face
Deal Fanatic
Mar 20, 2009
7255 posts
5057 upvotes
Toronto
ji2o0k wrote: I too am eagerly awaiting for Pepsi Throwback in 2021!!

Come on babbbyyyyy, need something to look forward to!!
I meant to try and find some during 2020, but didn't end up putting any serious effort into it.
Last time I had it was in 2013.

I purchased some Mexican Coke a few weeks ago (Fresh Value - Islington/Rexdale in Etobicoke).
4 pack of glass 355ml bottles - forgot the price.
I don't drink cola often, so thought this was going to be a nice treat.
Meh - felt it just tasted like Coke.

When I tried Throwback back in 2013, I distinctly recall being blown away by the non corn syrup taste.
Perhaps 2021 Throwback will do the same?
"When someone is burning a book, they are showing utter contempt for all of the thinking that produced its ideas, all of the labor that went into its words and sentences, and all of the trouble that befell the author . . .” ― Lemony Snicket
Sep 13, 2016
944 posts
1522 upvotes
GTA
shikotee wrote: I meant to try and find some during 2020, but didn't end up putting any serious effort into it.
Last time I had it was in 2013.

I purchased some Mexican Coke a few weeks ago (Fresh Value - Islington/Rexdale in Etobicoke).
4 pack of glass 355ml bottles - forgot the price.
I don't drink cola often, so thought this was going to be a nice treat.
Meh - felt it just tasted like Coke.

When I tried Throwback back in 2013, I distinctly recall being blown away by the non corn syrup taste.
Perhaps 2021 Throwback will do the same?
The last batch of Pepsi throwback I had in 2019 was disappointing as it tasted like regular Pepsi to me whereas the batch from 2018 was good.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Oct 27, 2009
5148 posts
7497 upvotes
Ontario
jemjem9 wrote: Still looking for cranberry gingerale, in cans. Confused Face
Fortinos had some recently. Try Loblaws/RCSS.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Oct 27, 2009
5148 posts
7497 upvotes
Ontario
The specially flavoured Coke in 4 glass bottles tend to retail around $5.99 or more at grocery stores and Winners.

$4.99 is a sale price if you see the product shown in a grocery flyer on the rare occasion.

I'd give Pepsi Cocoa Cola and Apple Pie versions 1 chance (591ml bottle) each to impress me. I have learned that some flavours taste best somewhat chilled. Or flop if they are warm.
Deal Expert
Sep 1, 2005
16615 posts
11355 upvotes
Markham
Never thought I'd see a "Pop discussion" other than a "have you seen this flavor discussion".
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Oct 27, 2009
5148 posts
7497 upvotes
Ontario
There are at least three pop flavour or specific variety threads that morph when summer flavours are out or spotted.

Thought it might help to have a general pop thread to discuss all kinds of pop and related promotions for this year. Pepsi Throwback was a challenge to spot last year.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2004
6716 posts
3673 upvotes
We always buy Stop N Shop Sugar Free Grape Soda when on vacation in the US - last time I was there we brought home 2 dozen 2l bottles.
Tastes exactly the same as Grape Crush when I was a kid.
Nobody in Canada seems to sell anything similar. (It's available in regular no sugar free also).
The odd thing is it's made in Canada.
Images
  • Screen Shot 01-30-21 at 10.00 AM.PNG
Nov 27, 2004
393 posts
50 upvotes
I'm a big diet coke drinker.
I love the cans of diet caffeine-free coke for later in the day. But they've gone missing due to "COVID shortages". Something related to the disruption in the supply chain of aluminum cans. This started probably 7-8 months ago and they haven't resolved it yet.
Aug 18, 2013
413 posts
301 upvotes
Toronto
I'm looking for pineapple Fanta! Anyone know which store here might sell it?
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
18692 posts
5639 upvotes
Toronto
between wrote: I'm looking for pineapple Fanta! Anyone know which store here might sell it?
The American pineapple Fanta is easy to find in corner stores but be sure to check the expiry date. You're paying $2...something for a 20 oz bottle, so you deserve something fresh, not stale. lol
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Aug 18, 2013
413 posts
301 upvotes
Toronto
playnicee1 wrote: The American pineapple Fanta is easy to find in corner stores but be sure to check the expiry date. You're paying $2...something for a 20 oz bottle, so you deserve something fresh, not stale. lol
Do you know which corner store has it in York region by any chance?
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
18692 posts
5639 upvotes
Toronto
between wrote: Do you know which corner store has it in York region by any chance?
Any "little guy" store (ie not a 7 11 or Circle K) or medium sized store that already sells pop (soda) from the States.
Just pick any random corner store that you have not been in in a while (hopefully not one you hate, lol) and see if you're in luck.
I also noticed that when there are too many stores too close together, there's always someone trying to sell something different from everyone else... Good luck!
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)