New Raspberry Pi 4 Released (Various Models) - $47-$75+
- Deal Link:
https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2019/07 ... -chargers/
Raspberry Pi 4 has a non-compliant USB-C charging port and doesn't work with as many chargers as it should. Make sure to use a non-e-marked cable, like the official Pi 4 charger. Similar issue effects many other devices like Nintendo switch.
Raspberry Pi 4 is out now and on sale. This might be a hard deal to find, as is always the case with newly released Raspberry Pi.
The price varies a lot, depending on model. It's something like $47 to $75+ depending on how much RAM it has, plus shipping in many cases.
Some major changes are USB 3.0, Gigabit Ethernet, Bluetooth 5.0, two display via micro HDMI, among others.
The following sellers will carry it, potentially others and you might be able to get from US as well.
https://www.buyapi.ca/product/raspberry ... aspberrypi
https://www.canakit.com/raspberry-pi-4- ... aspberrypi
US, $55 USD for 4GB model:
https://chicagodist.com/products/raspbe ... aspberrypi
https://www.newark.com/raspberry-pi/rpi ... p/02AH3164
https://www.pishop.us/raspberry-pi-foun ... ort=newest (not up yet)
- 1.5GHz 64-bit quad-core ARM Cortex-A72 CPU (Broadcom 2711)
- 1GB, 2GB or 4GB RAM (LPDDR4 SDRAM) versions
- On-board wireless LAN - dual-band 802.11 b/g/n/ac
- On-board Bluetooth 5.0 HS low-energy (BLE)
- 2 x USB 2.0 ports
- 2 x USB 3.0 ports
- True Gigabit Ethernet
- Extended 40-pin GPIO header
- 2x micro HDMI, 4k video
- 4 Pole stereo output and composite video port
- MIPI Camera port (CSI)
- MIPI Display port (DSI)
- microSD format for loading OS & data storage
- 5V/3A DC via USB type C connector
- 5V DC via GPIO
- PoE Enabled
- Multimedia H.265 decode (4kp60), H.254 decode (1080p60), H.254 encode (1080p30), OpenGL ES 1.1, 2.0, 3.0 graphics
Some benchmarks here:
https://www.raspberrypi.org/magpi/raspb ... enchmarks/
https://blog.hackster.io/benchmarking-m ... 8db9304ce4
https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/ra ... ,6193.html
Here is a good chart to show off the changes between 3B+ & 4, taken from here.
Before buying consider reading this write up on rpi4, it has a lot of useful and interesting information:
lead wrote: ↑ interesting read on new specs
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1560/ ... y_Pi_4.pdf