Real Estate

New releases in Mayfield & Chinguacousy, Brampton

  • Last Updated:
  • Jul 2nd, 2019 10:33 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2004
1516 posts
613 upvotes

New releases in Mayfield & Chinguacousy, Brampton

Hey guys,

Swung by Fieldgate and Deco homes sales offices today in Brampton and picked up their price lists.

Fieldgate had a new release yesterday but weren't giving out pricelists, even had a price increase during the day itself. Today they were giving them out so I picked it up. There was a line-up yesterday but nothing like the insanity I experienced back in Nov 2015 when the line-up was a week long for their CityTowns condo-town release.

Some notes:
  • Tentative occupancy is Fall to Winter 2019
  • There is a 10 day cooling period with condo-townhouse sales but freehold deals are firm once signed
  • Location is Mayfield & Chinguacousy
  • It's about a 10 minute drive to Mt. Pleasant GO station. Site area is pretty huge with several developers building a variety of houses there
  • I've bought one of Fieldgate's condo-towns from their CityTowns project and I can say that although the sales process was very annoying (week-long line-up, no pricelist, only 5 minutes to decide on the lot & floorplan), I was happy with their workmanship and construction process. They called me in for a couple of walkthroughs during the construction period, answered all the questions in details. There was very little to fix after the occupancy, and any issues I came across were resolved fairly quickly


Starting Prices (Fieldgate):
  • $565K for Freehold Urban Town (1,541sf)
  • $655K for Freehold 2 Storey Town (1,675sf)
  • $735K for 25' Semi-Detached (1,733sf)
  • $810K for 30' Detached (2,052sf)
  • $940K for 38' Detached (2,512sf)
  • $1.03M for 41' Detached (2,968sf)


Starting Prices (Deco Homes):
  • $765K for Semi (1,740sf)
  • $860K for 30' Detached (1,990sf)
  • $970K for 38' Detached (2,350sf)

They aren't co-operating with agents so there's no agent/commission thing going on here with me, nor am I affiliated with the builder in any way. I just picked it up for a family friend who's in the market and felt like sharing.

Cheers,
Images
  • Deco Homes - Mayfield & Chinguacousy - Mar 4, 2018.png
  • Fieldgate Homes - Mayfield & Chinguacousy 1 of 3 - Mar 4, 2018.png
  • Fieldgate Homes - Mayfield & Chinguacousy 2 of 3 - Mar 4, 2018.png
  • Fieldgate Homes - Mayfield & Chinguacousy 3 of 3 - Mar 4, 2018.png
Realtor @ Royal LePage Ignite Realty
14 replies
Member
Jun 10, 2008
474 posts
343 upvotes
Halton Hills
I hope they add lanes to Mayfield. Traffic has been adding up in the last few years.
Jr. Member
Mar 28, 2007
157 posts
91 upvotes
I was surprised to find out that these weren't sold out on opening day. I was able to get one of the urban towns yesterday. I'm guess its because the units that are left were too small for most or people felt they were overpriced. Closing is actually Dec 31, 2019 perhaps some other units will be completed by fall.

They kind of pressured us by saying there's only 2 units left and then later there was only 1 left by the time we got our pre-approval in order. When you look at the map though they were only offering 2 units of that model to begin with.
Member
Feb 11, 2016
205 posts
199 upvotes
Who would buy at these prices in this market.
Are you nuts?
Jr. Member
Mar 28, 2007
157 posts
91 upvotes
It depends on eveyones unique situtaion i guess. To some it may not make any sense. For others it may be a good deal. I could not find anything else that fit my criteia withinin my price range.

For me it was something that I can afford in an area that works for me with a layout that I like.

If prices are to drastically go down in the future I don't think I will have remorse. It will just mean I can purchase another property for cheap.
Member
User avatar
Nov 14, 2013
498 posts
160 upvotes
Brampton, Ontario
38+ lots are way overpriced. look harder in Mongohouse, people are selling their assignments for close to 75K+ less
Sr. Member
User avatar
Sep 24, 2012
949 posts
369 upvotes
Etobicoke
Clueless Fox wrote:
  • Tentative occupancy is Fall to Winter 2019
  • There is a 10 day cooling period with condo-townhouse sales but freehold deals are firm once signed
  • Location is Mayfield & Chinguacousy
  • It's about a 10 minute drive to Mt. Pleasant GO station. Site area is pretty huge with several developers building a variety of houses there
  • I've bought one of Fieldgate's condo-towns from their CityTowns project and I can say that although the sales process was very annoying (week-long line-up, no pricelist, only 5 minutes to decide on the lot & floorplan), I was happy with their workmanship and construction process. They called me in for a couple of walkthroughs during the construction period, answered all the questions in details. There was very little to fix after the occupancy, and any issues I came across were resolved fairly quickly
try 20min.
it takes 10mins from sandalwood. mississauga road is one lane and with all the construction, its nightmare to drive on rushhour. mount pleasant go parking is pretty small on the north side. you have to drive to south side to find a spot unless you go at 7am.

i am not sure who are the target market for this area. its bit far from 401 and 400. unless all these people who have business or work in brampton. even square one is easy 45min drive
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2004
1516 posts
613 upvotes
TrackerJacker wrote: try 20min.
it takes 10mins from sandalwood. mississauga road is one lane and with all the construction, its nightmare to drive on rushhour. mount pleasant go parking is pretty small on the north side. you have to drive to south side to find a spot unless you go at 7am.

i am not sure who are the target market for this area. its bit far from 401 and 400. unless all these people who have business or work in brampton. even square one is easy 45min drive
Fair points - all my driveby's have been during off-peak hours.

I'd say a combination of starter homes (mostly towns), people who work in the west-end (think more Mississauga financial drive and less SQ1), downtown GO commuters, and obviously investors. Anecdotally speaking, I did note less of 'investor' rush this time around. Also felt that townhomes are more in demand compared to larger houses just because of the price differential. Bigger houses are taking longer to sell but ample demand for smaller, freehold ones.
Realtor @ Royal LePage Ignite Realty
Member
Dec 5, 2016
256 posts
46 upvotes
phantom_911 wrote: I was surprised to find out that these weren't sold out on opening day. I was able to get one of the urban towns yesterday. I'm guess its because the units that are left were too small for most or people felt they were overpriced. Closing is actually Dec 31, 2019 perhaps some other units will be completed by fall.

They kind of pressured us by saying there's only 2 units left and then later there was only 1 left by the time we got our pre-approval in order. When you look at the map though they were only offering 2 units of that model to begin with.
It definitely looked to be packed opening weekend

http://www.fieldgatehomesblog.com/2018/ ... continues/
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2004
1516 posts
613 upvotes
alucky17 wrote: It definitely looked to be packed opening weekend

http://www.fieldgatehomesblog.com/2018/ ... continues/
The sales agent next door told me there was a line-up on the morning of but it wasn't nearly as crazy as Nov 2015 when the line-up was a week long with intermittent scuffles. This time they also released the price list whereas before they would only give you the price of the lot you picked and gave you 5 minutes to decide.
Realtor @ Royal LePage Ignite Realty
Jr. Member
Mar 28, 2007
157 posts
91 upvotes
Has anybody gone back here for the next phase releases? Just curious if the prices have changed.
Jr. Member
Mar 28, 2007
157 posts
91 upvotes
Just got this notice from the builder. Apparently the electricians are on strike and it's going to cause delays.

BTW they're releasing a new phase this weekend. Prices seem to be up by at least $20K based on their starting from number.

Image
Jr. Member
Mar 28, 2007
157 posts
91 upvotes
Just an update, The strike has now ended and the closing date will not be affected.

Image
Jr. Member
Mar 28, 2007
157 posts
91 upvotes
Have driven by the site a couple times. They seem to be making good progress from what I can tell.

Top