• Last Updated:
  • Oct 6th, 2020 8:17 am
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
16040 posts
3475 upvotes
Toronto
Vinny's Panini on Dupont is no more.
@ 787 Dupont street, the replacement is Casamiento . "Pupusas + Tacos + Quesadillas + Cerveza".
No website, but their new facebook page is: https://www.facebook.com/casamientoronto/
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2018
3606 posts
2860 upvotes
Not exactly new but "newish" is

Toshi Ryoriten in the stripmall with freshco at major Mack/Leslie

Toshi Ryoriten
1380 Major Mackenzie Dr E, Richmond Hill, ON L4S 0A1
(905) 737-1125
https://maps.app.goo.gl/mW18NrKthDwzduQW8

It's more refined than your Chinese or Korean run places. The lunch sushi/sashimi are really good deals for the quality!

I hope they're able to stick around as before covid19, they did mostly tasting menus
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2016
4341 posts
3869 upvotes
StatsGuy wrote: Not exactly new but "newish" is
Toshi Ryoriten in the stripmall with freshco at major Mack/Leslie
It's more refined than your Chinese or Korean run places. The lunch sushi/sashimi are really good deals for the quality!
I hope they're able to stick around as before covid19, they did mostly tasting menus
Damn, I gotta try that place! The menu and pricing are like Zen was when it was still in that ratty strip plaza (yeah, next to the strip bar) in Scarborough. Since they moved up to Markham they priced themselves out of my regular rotation...
Zen has some real competition now! Thanks for the recommendation!
Friendly reminder #1: The Golden Arches fast food chain is McDonald's, not MacDonald's. Thank you for your attention.
Friendly reminder #2: Price matching is NOT the law. Never was, never will be. Nobody can stop you from shopping elsewhere.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2008
5720 posts
1848 upvotes
playnicee1 wrote: Vinny's Panini on Dupont is no more.
@ 787 Dupont street, the replacement is Casamiento . "Pupusas + Tacos + Quesadillas + Cerveza".
No website, but their new facebook page is: https://www.facebook.com/casamientoronto/
Vinny's made really good veal & steak sandwiches. Probably the best $10 steak sandwich I ever had
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
16040 posts
3475 upvotes
Toronto
HP_John wrote: Vinny's made really good veal & steak sandwiches. Probably the best $10 steak sandwich I ever had
It's sad that he had to close or sell the business because I agree with you 100%.
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2006
1349 posts
1440 upvotes
Toronto
maple1 wrote: That is the basic location but not the hot pot place, the new sign is at the bubble tea location beside it.
A sign is up for the new placed called Spicy Celery but the windows are still covered up so might be a while yet.
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2006
1349 posts
1440 upvotes
Toronto
Not all that exciting but another Popeyes opened up. This time across the street from Toronto Western Hospital. Took over location from a Vietnamese place that was there for the longest time. The Wing Machine location in the hospital should be worried.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
16040 posts
3475 upvotes
Toronto
Poutinerie is no more @ Bathurst & Bloor.
Looks like yet another fried chicken place will be opening up soon in it's place.
"Coming soon Knock out chicken".

That's not all that far from the FRY chicken, Popeye's chicken and a few other chicken places in the area. It will be interesting to see if they last.
(or if they climb on board to make yet another "amazing" chicken sandwich, lol)

Further down the street, (On Bloor, toward Spadina) it looks like Jerk King is about to have competition!
Scottybons Caribbean Grill is moving in (opening soon) with this claim in their window: "Best Jerk Chicken in the City".
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
16040 posts
3475 upvotes
Toronto
maple1 wrote: A sign is up for the new placed called Spicy Celery but the windows are still covered up so might be a while yet.
I wonder where they put all those pool tables? lol (maybe sold them all, or threw them into storage for a future location?)
There is a crack in the locked doors where one can peek inside. Looks like they literally gutted the place and are starting from scratch.
The place is soon going to have fresh new coat of paint. (one can see the place looks like it barely has fresh new primer on the walls)
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
41261 posts
6430 upvotes
Any other cuisines which are opening up?
Proud to be an Indian.
1 posts
Toronto
Dzo Viet Eatery opened up not too long ago across from AGO and is always packed.
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2008
1318 posts
418 upvotes
GTA
I went to Marked downtown, the new South American restaurant.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2018
3606 posts
2860 upvotes
So the "real" Hong Kong dessert chain has opened up shop in Markham in the old Frenchie's location beside old future shop at Warden/7

Honeymoon Dessert 满记甜品
3828 Hwy 7 Unit 2, Unionville, ON L3R 1L7
(905) 477-7688
https://maps.app.goo.gl/tbXkUbZ8zSJg9Msz8

I'm interested to try their mango pillow and how it compares to full house desserts
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
5601 posts
2790 upvotes
Mississauga
Which previously banned user was Quyquy?