New Seaton -Aspen ridge

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 19th, 2020 6:50 pm
Deal Fanatic
Sep 8, 2007
8635 posts
9402 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
rapzfan007 wrote: We just closed our spend ridge home this week the build quality is definitely the best I've seen. What's annoying is try didn't install any toilet holders or towel racks bc these are luxury finishes and people prefer their own style lol. That was the design teams response lol.
It’s actually true. Have you seen the ghetto Ceramic ones builders typically install? They typically make a mess of the wall when removing. Plus where they choose to place them is also questionable. So on this front I actually prefer they don’t put anything.
"It is in times of great fear or greed that the most opportunity exists."
Deal Guru
Feb 29, 2008
12236 posts
7352 upvotes
rapzfan007 wrote: We just closed our spend ridge home this week the build quality is definitely the best I've seen. What's annoying is try didn't install any toilet holders or towel racks bc these are luxury finishes and people prefer their own style lol. That was the design teams response lol.
I'd rather install my own to be honest. House builders are far behind condo builders when it comes to quality finishes.
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2010
2805 posts
740 upvotes
JayLove06 wrote: I'd rather install my own to be honest. House builders are far behind condo builders when it comes to quality finishes.
With all due respect, you should see some of condo finishes even in reputable builders. I have seen with my own eyes 88 sheppard east and gibson square. If house builders are far behind these guys in terms of quality, we should be building our own homes.
May 6, 2015
664 posts
166 upvotes
Unionville, ON
cartfan123 wrote: It’s actually true. Have you seen the ghetto Ceramic ones builders typically install? They typically make a mess of the wall when removing. Plus where they choose to place them is also questionable. So on this front I actually prefer they don’t put anything.
I totally agree but it was weird getting a house for the first time ever without these two things. If you're spending x amount of dollars and building multiple dwellings, i'm sure you can a bulk discount for some premium holders. What's weird is we weren't even given this option during decor time.
Deal Guru
Feb 29, 2008
12236 posts
7352 upvotes
rapashoo wrote: With all due respect, you should see some of condo finishes even in reputable builders. I have seen with my own eyes 88 sheppard east and gibson square. If house builders are far behind these guys in terms of quality, we should be building our own homes.
Sorry, I should have said in terms of design. You’re getting quartz as standard, better tiles, cupboards (ie scavolini) built in appliances, etc. I’m comparing to a standard new condo.

Some of the crap finishes I see in a lot of the new build houses are sad. Million dollar houses with Home Depot finishes. From cheap, basic 12x12 tiles, cheap carpeting,etc. House builders from what I can see, the standard finishes are pretty crappy. You’ll get some good stuff if you get the .1st or 2nd upgrade. Condo standard finishes are pretty good. Just my opinion but the interior finishes from the new builds I see are quite lacklustre. Condos tend to be a bit more modern and trendier.

I’d show some examples but I’m walking
Nov 28, 2017
17 posts
4 upvotes
Congratulations on your new home!!Did the appraisal come as the new home price or lower?Curious to know.
Oct 7, 2019
5 posts
2 upvotes
I bought in Aspen Ridge... closing is in February! Wish it was a bit after the winter... mid march /early April or something.

Also curious if anyones appraisal came in less than the home value?
[OP]
Jul 29, 2018
47 posts
13 upvotes
Cayley141 wrote: I bought in Aspen Ridge... closing is in February! Wish it was a bit after the winter... mid march /early April or something.

We purchased with Aspen too!!WE are getting in March.Which street are you on?
Mar 26, 2019
52 posts
8 upvotes
Well if it makes a difference, Towerhill also did not install towel bars and toilet paper holders. Honestly I am very disappointed with the whole project. Never buying a new home ever again.
[OP]
Jul 29, 2018
47 posts
13 upvotes
kaj123 wrote: Well if it makes a difference, Towerhill also did not install towel bars and toilet paper holders. Honestly I am very disappointed with the whole project. Never buying a new home ever again.
Why are you dissapointed?
I have seen the aspen Ridge finishes,they are pretty good
Oct 21, 2019
1 posts
Hi Everyone,

I recently bought a 36 detach home from Aspen Ridge and closing will be in March 2021. I am also interested in finding out the appraisal value. Thanks
Dec 22, 2019
23 posts
8 upvotes
Purchased my lot in New Seaton from Aspen Ridge in June 2019. They gave me a closing of May 2020 but no work has begun on the house. Not likely to be on time
Mar 1, 2018
18 posts
5 upvotes
Cayley141 wrote: I bought in Aspen Ridge... closing is in February! Wish it was a bit after the winter... mid march /early April or something.

Any word on the appraisal?
Thx
Dec 22, 2019
23 posts
8 upvotes
Did anyones home get delayed, if so when did you purchase and how long did it take!
Thanks