Real Estate

New Seaton -Aspen ridge

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 19th, 2020 6:50 pm
Jan 25, 2012
136 posts
37 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
rapzfan007 wrote: We just closed our spend ridge home this week the build quality is definitely the best I've seen. What's annoying is try didn't install any toilet holders or towel racks bc these are luxury finishes and people prefer their own style lol. That was the design teams response lol.
Maybe I had bad luck then , our house closed nov 2019, and quality is pretty bad. Extremely poor paint jobs and no caulking around all window frames. Lots of other cosmetic issues we see. Hopefully they can fix them.
May 7, 2019
21 posts
24 upvotes
Just bought in Aspen Ridge - it was selling 920 for 2500 sq feet. anyone else just buy?

they will be increasing their pricelist soon.

Brookfield is releasing a few lots next week at $950 for 2500 sq feet as well (so going with Aspen ridge was no brainer)
Nov 4, 2019
50 posts
13 upvotes
mt251992 wrote: Just bought in Aspen Ridge - it was selling 920 for 2500 sq feet. anyone else just buy?

Brookfield is releasing a few lots next week at $950 for 2500 sq feet as well (so going with Aspen ridge was no brainer)
Did you buy the CASH Model?
Deal Addict
May 22, 2006
2119 posts
721 upvotes
Toronto
mt251992 wrote: Just bought in Aspen Ridge - it was selling 920 for 2500 sq feet. anyone else just buy?

Curious as well, which model did you buy? Cash model is $970 now...
Nov 4, 2019
50 posts
13 upvotes
esq05 wrote: Curious as well, which model did you buy? Cash model is $970 now...

It’s $920 if you don’t get the finished basement.
Dec 22, 2019
23 posts
8 upvotes
There’s a lot of construction going on. Looks like more people bought into the community. Anyone else have a September 2020 closing?
[OP]
Jul 29, 2018
47 posts
13 upvotes
Anyone receive delay notice from Aspen ridge?Our closing was in May 2020
Dec 22, 2019
23 posts
8 upvotes
sunflowerseeds wrote: Anyone receive delay notice from Aspen ridge?Our closing was in May 2020
Also received one, didn’t state any dates- just stated the possibility of a delay due to coronavirus.
[OP]
Jul 29, 2018
47 posts
13 upvotes
BanushanS61737 wrote: Also received one, didn’t state any dates- just stated the possibility of a delay due to coronavirus.
How will we know.I can’t plan anything with my existing house .I am thinking there will. Delay for sure for a few months .
Dec 22, 2019
23 posts
8 upvotes
sunflowerseeds wrote: How will we know.I can’t plan anything with my existing house .I am thinking there will. Delay for sure for a few months .
Very sure there will be a delay since most supplies are brought in from oversea.
Nov 4, 2019
50 posts
13 upvotes
Hey guys with the prospect of falling house prices because of COVID-19 everyone who is closing in 2021 we should negotiate price with the builder before closing. A bank wouldn’t want to give a 1 million mortgage for a home worth 800k at the time of closing. I would imagine that it might be more profitable for them to drop 200k to close than to lose a deal and have to sue/re-list. I believe this happen in 2017 where people in New Seaton received 200k off the purchase price as house prices fell because of the stress test.
Deal Guru
Jun 26, 2011
13531 posts
3637 upvotes
GTA
Chocobrownie wrote: Hey guys with the prospect of falling house prices because of COVID-19 everyone who is closing in 2021 we should negotiate price with the builder before closing. A bank wouldn’t want to give a 1 million mortgage for a home worth 800k at the time of closing. I would imagine that it might be more profitable for them to drop 200k to close than to lose a deal and have to sue/re-list. I believe this happen in 2017 where people in New Seaton received 200k off the purchase price as house prices fell because of the stress test.
Can anyone confirm this actually happened? I could see builders reducing prices on unsold units by not sure why they would on the others when they can just keep deposits and sue ?
Mar 24, 2020
5 posts
6 upvotes
I've seen other posts saying this happened, but can't confirm myself.

Figure it makes more sense to drop the price, so people can qualify for their mortgages. While legally they may be able to keep deposit and sue, it looks bad if they push people out and then sell it again in a depressed market at a lower price, that they could have offered the original buyer.

I'd want to believe they'd prefer to keep a good reputation, so future buyers will trust them in uncertain times.