[OP]
Mar 15, 2012
19 posts
2 upvotes
Calgary

New tires questio

hi guys,
I am looking for 4 new all season/all weather tires for my SUV.Questio is that
I have checked local stores and Costco/Canadian tires , price is almost similar 900-1100. Why would I buy from local store when Costco and Canadian tires offers free rotation every 10000 KM and better warranty as well.
Thanks

Edit - 1 local store the price was even more than 150+ than all of the others
3 replies
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
27606 posts
12668 upvotes
Toronto
not sure what is your point here

You shop based on lowest price ? Best Service being provided ? There are people who buy based on the place’s reputation. It may not mean the lowest price at all.

I’m sure you have seen lots of Cdn tire horror stories in this forum, do you want to take your chance there ? Suppose they have the lowest price out there.
Deal Guru
Mar 13, 2004
10748 posts
2614 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
What other shops have you gone to? Are you going to dedicated tire shops or mechanics? Also I would never go to canadian tire, they are known to damage things and charge you dumb fees and lie. Dont take the risk. As for rotation I would just do i t yourself OR when you go in for an oil change get them to do it.

Check out,
Tires23
&
Simply Tire

You can compare prices.
vikramjeet7 wrote: hi guys,
I am looking for 4 new all season/all weather tires for my SUV.Questio is that
I have checked local stores and Costco/Canadian tires , price is almost similar 900-1100. Why would I buy from local store when Costco and Canadian tires offers free rotation every 10000 KM and better warranty as well.
Thanks

Edit - 1 local store the price was even more than 150+ than all of the others
0_o
<_<
>_>
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2017
3755 posts
3852 upvotes
GTA
Why would you buy from a local shop instead of Costco? Because generally the price is lower. You said yourself it's a $200 difference.

If the rotations and better warranty are worth it, then go with Costco. If not, the go local.