• Dec 13th, 2021 3:21 pm
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jan 25, 2007
11739 posts
6928 upvotes
Paris

New utility trailer

My 10 year old trailer bit the dust today. The frame collapsed on the highway loaded with toys and ate through a tire. Luckily a friend lived nearby and loaned me his to get me to the cottage.

Looking now for an aluminum 5x10 or 6x12 utility trailer with solid sides, 15” tires, split or full gate.

Anyone have any idea beyond Miska that advertises endlessly?
7 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2012
4476 posts
3860 upvotes
Toronto
Not sure where your cottage is, but I've driven by a place on Hwy 7 near Peterborough a number of times that appears to have a good selection.

I've been on the fence about plunking down for the same thing - 5x10 aluminum so it's light enough to tow with my wife's car when my truck isn't around but big enough to put a couple of motorcycles on.

https://www.trailersplus.net/

Further East there is a guy who seems to supply the Bon Echo/Sharbot Lake area - most of the trailers I see up there are from his shop. He makes some serious trailers but also does basic utility.

http://www.curtistrailers.ca/
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jan 25, 2007
11739 posts
6928 upvotes
Paris
torontotim wrote: Not sure where your cottage is, but I've driven by a place on Hwy 7 near Peterborough a number of times that appears to have a good selection.

I've been on the fence about plunking down for the same thing - 5x10 aluminum so it's light enough to tow with my wife's car when my truck isn't around but big enough to put a couple of motorcycles on.

https://www.trailersplus.net/

Further East there is a guy who seems to supply the Bon Echo/Sharbot Lake area - most of the trailers I see up there are from his shop. He makes some serious trailers but also does basic utility.

http://www.curtistrailers.ca/
Cottage is Muskoka but search parameters for a trailer are up to 6 hours from my house. Pretty much Sudbury and south. Drove over 6 hours one way for my motorcycle. Not interested in a US trailer as I researched that for a boat and seemed like too much of a pain, plus covid.

Mine was 5.5x10 and had a tilt function which made it 1600+ pounds. Aluminum seems like I could will it to my kids.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2011
1254 posts
424 upvotes
This guy is out of Ancaster and hand makes all his trailers, I’ve had one for a few years and they are tough solid trailers. He does not have aluminum ones but if you pay extra and get the galvanized one it would last forever. He has lots of options and can build whatever you desire. I got a 5x10 with bi-fold ramp,toolbox,tarp etc. check him out. When I got mine he had them on for $1700! A few years ago. $2400 now but looks like he added a few options. Check him out. Added a pic of it with 3 yards of mulch.
http://www.cramerotrailers.com/prices.html

Here is my trailer.
Images
  • 80614280-6C9C-48F6-AA36-E5C023CDA511.jpeg
  • 4BEB74B1-FE0D-42EF-AF19-B633323E8BB6.jpeg
  • F07EC8D3-B94D-486A-AE60-EB48456C2534.jpeg
  • 76BCE2A4-5D91-47FB-A54E-602954C2E81C.jpeg
  • 7D7C52B7-2C34-450B-9032-BFF6791F5255.jpeg
Last edited by Redfisher on Jul 2nd, 2020 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
No One Goes to Palmerston Ontario
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2010
1095 posts
323 upvotes
Jerico wrote: My 10 year old trailer bit the dust today. The frame collapsed on the highway loaded with toys and ate through a tire. Luckily a friend lived nearby and loaned me his to get me to the cottage.

Looking now for an aluminum 5x10 or 6x12 utility trailer with solid sides, 15” tires, split or full gate.

Anyone have any idea beyond Miska that advertises endlessly?
Have your tried Action Trailers or Scott Reinhart trailers? I have bought snowmobile trailers and utility trailers from both and been happy with the product and after sales service from both dealers. Action Trailers is just outside London but the pricing was good, the owners name is Shane and Scott the owner of Reinhart is located in Shelbourne. Good Luck.
See our 2022 RFD Trane AC Group Buy
group-buy-gta-ottawa-2022-central-ac-gr ... t-2530534/
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2007
2623 posts
1603 upvotes
Alliston, ON
Not sure of your budget, but we bought an all aluminum 12ft trailer at work and it's been great for the 2yrs we've been using it. It has a split fold down ramp. It's super easy to roll around by hand and never have to worry about it rusting
We got it from Trailer Broker Canada in Mitchell, it looks like they've changed their name to Tow Tek Trailers
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jan 25, 2007
11739 posts
6928 upvotes
Paris
schade wrote: Not sure of your budget, but we bought an all aluminum 12ft trailer at work and it's been great for the 2yrs we've been using it. It has a split fold down ramp. It's super easy to roll around by hand and never have to worry about it rusting
We got it from Trailer Broker Canada in Mitchell, it looks like they've changed their name to Tow Tek Trailers
Mine came from Mitchell and it was something like Van Dunn trailers. Don’t have a web presence anymore.

My budget is what it costs to be honest. My current one cost me $100/year of ownership and I used it enough to make it more than worth it. I’m sure aluminum will be 4K but I will pass it down to my kids.
Nov 14, 2012
654 posts
492 upvotes
Redfisher wrote: This guy is out of Ancaster and hand makes all his trailers, I’ve had one for a few years and they are tough solid trailers. He does not have aluminum ones but if you pay extra and get the galvanized one it would last forever. He has lots of options and can build whatever you desire. I got a 5x10 with bi-fold ramp,toolbox,tarp etc. check him out. When I got mine he had them on for $1700! A few years ago. $2400 now but looks like he added a few options. Check him out. Added a pic of it with 3 yards of mulch.
http://www.cramerotrailers.com/prices.html

Here is my trailer.
$3,195 for 5x10 now - 33% inflation in 1yr

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)