New vehicles with Qi Wireless Charging included

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 28th, 2018 7:04 pm
[OP]
Dec 29, 2016
111 posts
8 upvotes

New vehicles with Qi Wireless Charging included

I’ve been scouring the web to figure out which 2018/19 SUVs come with wireless charging included. Anyone know of a website/list of manufacturers that include this in their vehicles? Looking for factory install, not after market dealer installs.

Thanks!
6 replies
Deal Guru
Jan 15, 2006
13086 posts
9630 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Fardashian wrote:
Oct 28th, 2018 4:15 pm
I’ve been scouring the web to figure out which 2018/19 SUVs come with wireless charging included. Anyone know of a website/list of manufacturers that include this in their vehicles? Looking for factory install, not after market dealer installs.

Thanks!
Pointless feature as most are not optimized for how a phone will sit on the pad. Case in point. My buddy has a BMW with the QI charger and can't fit a iPhone 8 as the space is too small. Hyundai but I forgot which model the phone doesn't even sit on the pad properly and any movement and it stops charging. I'm sure there's others. I'll be honest this is really a strange must have in a car, might as well just go aftermarket with something that actually works like the pitaka products which have QI chargers built into their phone mounts and it's magnetic so it's easy to put on/off and will always charge regardless of movement.
Sep 10, 2006
210 posts
21 upvotes
Vancouver
I've got a '18 X3 with the wireless charging pad. Works great for my Iphone XS and no issues as what the previous poster mentions. It's not super fast in charging, but good for topping up the battery
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
25299 posts
10191 upvotes
Toronto
Kia and Hyundai SUVs should have them (if not, the higher trims would have as std)
Deal Guru
Jan 15, 2006
13086 posts
9630 upvotes
Richmond Hill
spider78 wrote:
Oct 28th, 2018 6:23 pm
I've got a '18 X3 with the wireless charging pad. Works great for my Iphone XS and no issues as what the previous poster mentions. It's not super fast in charging, but good for topping up the battery
Have you tried a larger phone? XS is smaller than iPhone 8. This particular BMW that couldn't fit the larger phone was a 3 series, but the iPhone X fits just fine which is identical to XS.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
17764 posts
1806 upvotes
Woodbridge
I like my CivicX Wireless Charging. It fits my Note 9 with a case which works better wit it anyways so it doesn't slide off.
It's rare just depends how you drive. LOL
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Sep 10, 2006
210 posts
21 upvotes
Vancouver
EP32k2 wrote:
Oct 28th, 2018 6:46 pm
Have you tried a larger phone? XS is smaller than iPhone 8. This particular BMW that couldn't fit the larger phone was a 3 series, but the iPhone X fits just fine which is identical to XS.
The XS Max should fit. There is still a lot of room around the phone when the XS is on there