Expired Hot Deals

Insignia 43" 4K Ultra HD 60Hz LCD Smart Roku TV $499

  • Last Updated:
  • Apr 27th, 2016 11:54 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2004
1207 posts
116 upvotes
Downtown

Insignia 43" 4K Ultra HD 60Hz LCD Smart Roku TV $499

Deal Link:
Price:
499.00
Savings:
100 off
Expiry:
April 24, 2016
Surprised nobody posted this. You got 3 hours left to get it I guess.

New version just released this month. Bestbuy exclusive.

Seems good, chroma 4:4:4.

Roku 4 TV built in.

hdmi 2.0 on all 4 hdmi jacks.
Images
19 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2007
3897 posts
2666 upvotes
Ontario
I'm not a 100% sure but I think there use to be or still is a massive reason not to buy these type of 4k tv's. It was something to do with the HDMI maybe or maybe that is fixed these days? I thought I bring it up in case someone knows something.
---
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2004
1207 posts
116 upvotes
Downtown
kanechart wrote: I'm not a 100% sure but I think there use to be or still is a massive reason not to buy these type of 4k tv's. It was something to do with the HDMI maybe or maybe that is fixed these days? I thought I bring it up in case someone knows something.
Yup this is a newer version just released this month. Getting good reviews.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jun 12, 2003
14943 posts
1217 upvotes
Markham
Better than the Phillips 40" that goes on sale for $699?
ShadowVlican
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2004
1207 posts
116 upvotes
Downtown
Philips 40" is a proper monitor. This is a TV.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Oct 26, 2015
563 posts
110 upvotes
Toronto,ON
good reviews on us site too ,should I buy this?
I try to buy smart but end up Penny wise Pound Foolish :(
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2003
1448 posts
2837 upvotes
Scarborough
I honestly believe you don't get a proper 4K experience on a 43" screen unless your normal viewing position is very close to the TV. I'd just stick with 1080p at this screen size and save up for a bigger 4K TV.
RFD Member # 3476!
Sr. Member
Oct 27, 2013
918 posts
215 upvotes
Mississauga
This is so tempting as a monitor. 43" is perfect for a monitor, and it has Roku built in!? Wicked.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 17, 2011
2397 posts
646 upvotes
Toronto
thesearchfordean wrote: This is so tempting as a monitor. 43" is perfect for a monitor, and it has Roku built in!? Wicked.
Would be hot if 120hz (ACTUAL 120hz)
Sr. Member
Oct 27, 2013
918 posts
215 upvotes
Mississauga
People and their 120 hz. There is no 4k with 120hz right now, and it's not gonna happen that soon.
nuwan32 wrote: Would be hot if 120hz (ACTUAL 120hz)
Newbie
Jan 20, 2007
33 posts
7 upvotes
Anybody know what the input lag and response times of this TV are?
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2012
1110 posts
863 upvotes
Richmond Hill
You are all missing the point. The main point of not buying any 4k tv is the lack of actual 4k content. Anything converted is like an lcd monitor not running in native res.

If you can live with the limited content then go for it.
Sr. Member
Nov 28, 2013
501 posts
226 upvotes
The ports are unlikely HDMI 2.0.

bestbuy-insignia-43inch-4k-tv-any-good- ... s-1941401/

The box specifically points out the top port is HDMI UHD 4:4:4 while the other 3 are just HDMI UHD.

If you google HDMI 1.4a spec, UHD resolution at 4:4:4 over HDMI is available only at 30Hz, not 60. So more than likely this unit is motion interpolating to 60Hz.

I could be wrong, but no one else has posted to test it and I did not want to buy it, test it, then return it. (Store would not let me lug over a laptop with HDMI 2.0 output to test)
Deal Addict
Oct 6, 2015
2679 posts
997 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
TV is getting cheaper and cheaper but no one is subscribing to cable TV anymore.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jun 12, 2003
14943 posts
1217 upvotes
Markham
Scubatorx wrote: The ports are unlikely HDMI 2.0.

bestbuy-insignia-43inch-4k-tv-any-good- ... s-1941401/

The box specifically points out the top port is HDMI UHD 4:4:4 while the other 3 are just HDMI UHD.

If you google HDMI 1.4a spec, UHD resolution at 4:4:4 over HDMI is available only at 30Hz, not 60. So more than likely this unit is motion interpolating to 60Hz.

I could be wrong, but no one else has posted to test it and I did not want to buy it, test it, then return it. (Store would not let me lug over a laptop with HDMI 2.0 output to test)
Good digging
ShadowVlican
Deal Guru
User avatar
Sep 1, 2005
13863 posts
8559 upvotes
Markham
Deal expired. If you were in the market, buy first and think and research later.

Don't open it and you can always return it if you change your mind.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Newbie
Dec 2, 2012
78 posts
44 upvotes
Ottawa
According to the review, it is good to use as a monitor, but is bad to view TV program or video.

I plan to use this TV for my karaoke, but if the video input is not good, then I better forget about it.

I reserved the TV last night for in store pick up and purchase, probably cancel it now and look for another one.....
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2004
1207 posts
116 upvotes
Downtown
patyung wrote: According to the review, it is good to use as a monitor, but is bad to view TV program or video.

I plan to use this TV for my karaoke, but if the video input is not good, then I better forget about it.

I reserved the TV last night for in store pick up and purchase, probably cancel it now and look for another one.....
Tell us how it is if you decide to test it out.
Sr. Member
Oct 27, 2013
918 posts
215 upvotes
Mississauga
It's not uneven scaling like with most options (watching 720 on a 1080p TV etc). 4K is a doubling of 1080p; it looks sharp. 4K obviously looks better, but the jump from 1080p to 4K is smaller than SD to 720p or 1080p.
sirxterminator wrote: You are all missing the point. The main point of not buying any 4k tv is the lack of actual 4k content. Anything converted is like an lcd monitor not running in native res.

If you can live with the limited content then go for it.

Top