Shopping Discussion

NEW Walmart Canada return policy (temporary)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 23rd, 2020 10:15 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2015
2394 posts
8050 upvotes

NEW Walmart Canada return policy (temporary)

Are there any changes to the Return Policy due to COVID-19?

Yes. As the COVID-19 situation continues to change, we’re taking action to better serve you and our associates. We’ve temporarily updated our Return Policy, effective immediately.

Any item purchased before March 14 is eligible for a 30-day extension in addition to our regular return window.

Bulk returns will not be accepted (i.e. more than three of the same item).

Select items will now be considered final sale if purchased after March 20, including wearables, ear/headphones, mattresses, and sleeping bags.

We will not accept returns on any opened products or any item without a receipt if purchased after March 20.

Please read the temporary return policy updates that are also in effect for Third Party items purchased on Walmart.ca.
Last edited by hill15 on Jun 16th, 2020 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
162 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jun 19, 2001
8414 posts
2090 upvotes
They have changed pickup policy today too. You can book within 3 days, but it was already booked ahead for 10 days solid here before that started. So that means no pickup anytime soon
Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
14904 posts
15770 upvotes
Oakville
MaxPower19 wrote: Hopefully NO grandfathering on the bulk return part.
Yes, I hope they don't allow return of items like toilet paper and soap/sanitizer.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2012
6628 posts
947 upvotes
Ottawa
engineered wrote: Yes, I hope they don't allow return of items like toilet paper and soap/sanitizer.
If some price gouger went to a Walmart tomorrow and tried to return the hand sanitizer, cleaning wipes, toilet paper, etc that he bought, should Walmart accept the return and put the items on the shelf for sale/donate to a hospital? Or should they say "screw you, gouger!" and not accept the return?
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
20018 posts
2831 upvotes
Niagara Falls
zoro69 wrote: They have changed pickup policy today too. You can book within 3 days, but it was already booked ahead for 10 days solid here before that started. So that means no pickup anytime soon
I'm surprised Walmart and Zerhs aren't getting extra staff for pickup. I was going to put my grocery order in for pick up but the quickest date I could get was 8 days away. Guess I just have to go to the store instead.
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
20018 posts
2831 upvotes
Niagara Falls
MaxPower19 wrote: If I was the manager I’d take back the items that there’s a shortage of for sure. Things with no supply shortage though would definitely be denied.

What still has a supply shortage? The only thing I can't find is Tylenol.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
17427 posts
4266 upvotes
Toronto
MaxPower19 wrote: If I was the manager I’d take back the items that there’s a shortage of for sure. Things with no supply shortage though would definitely be denied.
And risk that those goods are infected? (virus can live on surfaces)
Real Estate Agent, MAcc, CPA, CA
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
17427 posts
4266 upvotes
Toronto
Evil Baby wrote: What still has a supply shortage? The only thing I can't find is Tylenol.
Tylenol readily available at Costco
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
20018 posts
2831 upvotes
Niagara Falls
MaxPower19 wrote: Hand sanitizer, Lysol wipes, baby wipes
Ahh yes, forgot about those. Already had our supply from normal stock.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
17427 posts
4266 upvotes
Toronto
mrweather wrote: Not everyone has a Costco membership.
You don't need one for Pharmacy items
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
17427 posts
4266 upvotes
Toronto
LNahid2000 wrote: Yes you do, unless it's prescribed medication.
Technically yes by law (i believe) its only for prescribed medicines but anything from the Pharmacy Area can be purchased from the Pharmacy counter and they don't require the membership
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2009
3837 posts
1840 upvotes
MaxPower19 wrote: Hopefully NO grandfathering on the bulk return part.
Whatever policy was in effect at time of purchase is the policy you go by.
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2011
1347 posts
993 upvotes
British Columbia
MaxPower19 wrote: No, they reserve the right to retroactively change it. Hoarders abused the system so it’s justified. If someone has an issue with it, I highly suggest going to the media and seeing how that works out.
Legally I say the hoarders win. If the store had a problem with hoarders, it was up to them to implement changes and item limits. But no, they thought all the extra revenue was great until the backlash from the general public. That's on them, not on whoever bought 50 packages of toilet paper.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)