Shopping Discussion

NEW Walmart Canada return policy (temporary)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 4th, 2021 11:12 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2017
2021 posts
1938 upvotes
OP, I think you may have some trouble, I returned sealed box after realizing I got a wrong one at the parking lot, they did refund but before making big fuss about how they can't take back once it leaves the store..
Jan 16, 2020
54 posts
11 upvotes
Dreamrider wrote: OP, I think you may have some trouble, I returned sealed box after realizing I got a wrong one at the parking lot, they did refund but before making big fuss about how they can't take back once it leaves the store..
Oh wow ok. What i'm trying to figure out is if they are not gonna let me return it EVER or if i can return after things settle down. I might have to call some other stores because i've been on hold awhile. Thanks.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
8654 posts
1592 upvotes
ELChippo wrote: Oh wow ok. What i'm trying to figure out is if they are not gonna let me return it EVER or if i can return after things settle down. I might have to call some other stores because i've been on hold awhile. Thanks.
Holding onto things until the policy changes is never a good idea. If you can't get this returned after exhausting all avenues, you'll then have to go through apple warranty.
Help an animal charity or sanctuary out today. Become a volunteer, advocate, foster a pet, or donate. They need you as much as you need them!
Deal Addict
May 31, 2003
3043 posts
269 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Have you actually called or visited the store and asked yet?
"The crows seemed to be calling his name, thought Caw." - Jack Handey
References
HeatWare
Jan 16, 2020
54 posts
11 upvotes
Chrispy wrote: Have you actually called or visited the store and asked yet?
Called yes. When i got through to a store i was told they may or may not accept it. Makes no sense. Might have to go down there.
Deal Addict
May 31, 2003
3043 posts
269 upvotes
Toronto, ON
ELChippo wrote: Called yes. When i got through to a store i was told they may or may not accept it. Makes no sense. Might have to go down there.
Fair. I do empathize with the retail employees these days as it seems policies change by the day sometimes.
"The crows seemed to be calling his name, thought Caw." - Jack Handey
References
HeatWare
Deal Fanatic
Dec 5, 2006
8896 posts
4210 upvotes
Markham
Walmart Online system is useless
1: when I checked item details, it said almost sold out, when I added to cart, it became sold out
2: when i added an item, it said in stock and delivery date is may 22, then i got an email within one minute after confirmation email that item is back order and no idea when to shipping
3: it said i have to cancel within 30 min, then i call them (check out as guest), guess what, contact centre is closed

What system it's
Deal Fanatic
Apr 1, 2001
5482 posts
584 upvotes
It will depend on your luck. If purchased recently and you explain your case, they may take it back. But officially, the new return policy says NO to any opened products... so they have the ability to refuse this (despite how unpopular this move is).
Feb 3, 2019
162 posts
113 upvotes
GTA
Most Walmart are no accepting ANY returns. No clothing, no electronics, no food, no nothing. Most say that once COVID is over, that too can bring items back then.

I called customer service and they also gave me some half answer about returns not being accepted (even though the website says otherwise) and to save me receipt until this is “over”. Obviously I’m not happy with that answer since my return window ends this week and for sure I’m going to have issue when returns are finally accepted.
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
1888 posts
442 upvotes
If you do manage to get a refund for your iPad from Walmart, go buy your new one from Costco, where you won't have to worry about returns.
Feb 3, 2019
162 posts
113 upvotes
GTA
submalst wrote: anyone else have success with returns lately?
Calling all the local Walmart (~10 closest) and none of them are accepting returns
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2017
2050 posts
1484 upvotes
smartie wrote: Walmart Online system is useless
1: when I checked item details, it said almost sold out, when I added to cart, it became sold out
2: when i added an item, it said in stock and delivery date is may 22, then i got an email within one minute after confirmation email that item is back order and no idea when to shipping
3: it said i have to cancel within 30 min, then i call them (check out as guest), guess what, contact centre is closed

What system it's
Last time I was trying to call them about the last parcel from UPS, I was on hold for 2.5 hours and then they disconnected my call! What kind of customer service is this!?
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2007
2187 posts
472 upvotes
Red Deer
blakjak wrote: If you do manage to get a refund for your iPad from Walmart, go buy your new one from Costco, where you won't have to worry about returns.
+1

Costco is the only place I'd buy items I'm not entirely sure about because of their fantastic online and in-warehouse return process. For everywhere else I'll only buy items l will not be returning, e.g. food and grocery.
Nov 16, 2010
73 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto
Also have to chime in here with walmart's return policies are right now. Bought a pan and it was damanged when I opened the package. They refused return on open items. Pretty frustrating.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
28005 posts
8444 upvotes
ramon2 wrote: Mark's Work Warehouse went different direction and still offers 100 day return policy and they even notified me that if stores remain closed due to restrictions, the policy will be extended beyond 100 days as needed.
Yeah I didn't know about this until someone pointed it out to me too. I think most stores "went the other way" and extended return periods; only Walmart and Canada Computers seemed to go this "final sale" route by scapegoating covid :rolleyes:
echho wrote: Also have to chime in here with walmart's return policies are right now. Bought a pan and it was damanged when I opened the package. They refused return on open items. Pretty frustrating.
Yeah it's definitely a scam game. If everywhere else is accepting returns (or simply telling people to return at a later date by extending the period), Walmart has no excuse for this. It's just a reason to shop elsewhere right now IMO.

Walmart has got some nerve. They've had the market semi-cornered here by being one of the few retailers allowed to be open during the "lockdown" nonsense and they get the bright idea that they can just do whatever they want because there's no other places to go to. Losers.
Jan 16, 2020
54 posts
11 upvotes
Ya Walmart aint taken it back. I've been told to wait and hold onto my receipt, wait til covid is over, try back next week and flat out told they will never take it back and i should go deal with Apple directly.

What a scam. Everything in that store is getting touched all day long and put back on the shelf.
Jan 16, 2020
54 posts
11 upvotes
No Walmart store will accept my ipad because of Covid. But they don't mind items being touched and put back on the shelf by thousands all day long. Such a scam.
Banned
Apr 25, 2020
722 posts
556 upvotes
M1C
ELChippo wrote: No Walmart store will accept my ipad because of Covid. But they don't mind items being touched and put back on the shelf by thousands all day long. Such a scam.
If your iPad box was still sealed, they would have accepted it .
Jun 17, 2017
9 posts
1 upvote
Bought a baby bed cover thing online, opened it, used a few times, little guy hates sleeping on it, so tried returning. Item was purchased in February, and they told me to hold to the receipt and try after covid over. But the policy says : We will not accept returns on any opened products or any item without a receipt if purchased after March 20.
So obviously the item was purchased before March 20th, and I have the receipt. Should I ask to speak to the manager and point this out to complete the return?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)