Shopping Discussion

NEW Walmart Canada return policy (temporary)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 25th, 2020 10:27 pm
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
27627 posts
7976 upvotes
ramon2 wrote: Mark's Work Warehouse went different direction and still offers 100 day return policy and they even notified me that if stores remain closed due to restrictions, the policy will be extended beyond 100 days as needed.
Yeah I didn't know about this until someone pointed it out to me too. I think most stores "went the other way" and extended return periods; only Walmart and Canada Computers seemed to go this "final sale" route by scapegoating covid :rolleyes:
echho wrote: Also have to chime in here with walmart's return policies are right now. Bought a pan and it was damanged when I opened the package. They refused return on open items. Pretty frustrating.
Yeah it's definitely a scam game. If everywhere else is accepting returns (or simply telling people to return at a later date by extending the period), Walmart has no excuse for this. It's just a reason to shop elsewhere right now IMO.

Walmart has got some nerve. They've had the market semi-cornered here by being one of the few retailers allowed to be open during the "lockdown" nonsense and they get the bright idea that they can just do whatever they want because there's no other places to go to. Losers.
Jan 16, 2020
54 posts
11 upvotes
Ya Walmart aint taken it back. I've been told to wait and hold onto my receipt, wait til covid is over, try back next week and flat out told they will never take it back and i should go deal with Apple directly.

What a scam. Everything in that store is getting touched all day long and put back on the shelf.
Jan 16, 2020
54 posts
11 upvotes
No Walmart store will accept my ipad because of Covid. But they don't mind items being touched and put back on the shelf by thousands all day long. Such a scam.
Banned
Apr 25, 2020
722 posts
556 upvotes
M1C
ELChippo wrote: No Walmart store will accept my ipad because of Covid. But they don't mind items being touched and put back on the shelf by thousands all day long. Such a scam.
If your iPad box was still sealed, they would have accepted it .
Jun 17, 2017
9 posts
1 upvote
Bought a baby bed cover thing online, opened it, used a few times, little guy hates sleeping on it, so tried returning. Item was purchased in February, and they told me to hold to the receipt and try after covid over. But the policy says : We will not accept returns on any opened products or any item without a receipt if purchased after March 20.
So obviously the item was purchased before March 20th, and I have the receipt. Should I ask to speak to the manager and point this out to complete the return?
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2011
3930 posts
3479 upvotes
The NORTH
PhaTCounT wrote: Bought a baby bed cover thing online, opened it, used a few times, little guy hates sleeping on it, so tried returning. Item was purchased in February, and they told me to hold to the receipt and try after covid over. But the policy says : We will not accept returns on any opened products or any item without a receipt if purchased after March 20.
So obviously the item was purchased before March 20th, and I have the receipt. Should I ask to speak to the manager and point this out to complete the return?
Worth a shot. Keep us updated.
Jun 17, 2017
9 posts
1 upvote
kr0zet wrote: Worth a shot. Keep us updated.
An update. I just called the store that I tried doing this return several times, pointed out the facts I mentioned above, and she said to come in and they should process the return. I made sure to get her name for when I go to the store, and she also told me to ask for a manager if whoever is at the counter won’t do the return. I’ll be going later today after work, and write up an update for you guys..
Nov 18, 2012
218 posts
156 upvotes
Oshawa
My Wife bought a electric frying pan and it was defective, the legs will not tighten and are loose. The pan is not safe to use. She tried taking it back to walmart to exchange it or get a refund and get another one. Flat out told no to both. no returns or exchange. Explained it had never been used and is defective, basically told sorry for your bad luck your SOL. call the manufacturer she was told. Be careful what you buy at Walmart and consider going elsewhere.
Public Mobile
Koodo
Zoomer Wireless
Nov 6, 2009
2 posts
1 upvote
I bought a tube of blush last week at Walmart.. Go to use it the next day.. It's not safety sealed and there is product all over the cap. And when I looked at the receipt the cost was wrong it was an overcharge of 4 bucks. I simply was going to take it back not knowing the return policy on damaged stuff is they don't care anymore. I used the self checkout and there was nothing showing an updated return policy. No one seems to know till they have a problem with Walmart.
May 20, 2020
1 posts
2 upvotes
I fought with the manager at my local store last Friday over a helmet I bought my son on March 20th that didn't fit. Their website was clear on items purchased AFTER March 20th. I also had an item, unopened, without receipt. Their policy states they won't take opened items without a receipt, nothing about unopened. In the end they took both back. However, I had a mattress protector, unopened, purchased on April 20th, which they refused to take back. This bothers me because they did not have clear signs up when I purchased it, or else I wouldn't have bought it. I hope they will take it back in the future, and my Walmart shopping days are done.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
27627 posts
7976 upvotes
PhaTCounT wrote: Bought a baby bed cover thing online, opened it, used a few times, little guy hates sleeping on it, so tried returning. Item was purchased in February, and they told me to hold to the receipt and try after covid over. But the policy says : We will not accept returns on any opened products or any item without a receipt if purchased after March 20.
Just goes to show how trivial this nonsense really is. So you bought it before March 20th, so can still return now but couldn't return it if you bought it after that. Did they think that thing you're returning was sealed in a bubble before March 20th too?

Just goes to show this has absolutely nothing to do with covid--something you still have today could still be "contaminated" when you return it and particularly a bedding item I might add.

Glad you'll be able to return it but just goes to show that this policy is bullocks! The odd thing is you'd expect CC to do this nonsense (and they did) but who would have suspected Walmart would also stoop to this level?
Jan 16, 2020
54 posts
11 upvotes
I seriously didn’t see any signs telling me that I could not return items due to COVID. I found out after the fact.

Would speaking to my credit card issuer be any help you think ?
Mar 7, 2017
548 posts
244 upvotes
im actually looking at a bike to use, however during assembly if i find an issue, walmart will not take it back?!?
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2011
3930 posts
3479 upvotes
The NORTH
1tallaznguy wrote: im actually looking at a bike to use, however during assembly if i find an issue, walmart will not take it back?!?
No. Walmart is basically a cash and carry business right now.
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
15069 posts
12160 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Walmart is being a dick.
They are using Covid as an EXCUSE to not process returns ...
Even if an item is defective

This from a Co that made MILLIONS / BILLIONS of dollars while Covid raged
And in some instances were the only choice ... folks could buy stuff from
(Nothing else open)

Shame on them

But then ...
I am not surprised
If you do your research Walmart can be a VERY GREEDY Corp
They like “to pretend” they are all about the little guy
But they are not
They’ll screw their Customers, Suppliers & Employees whenever they can

Remember this, and how little they care if you got taken during Covid
(Worse time ever to get screwed, in the middle of a pandemic with so much hardship & sacrifice by SO MANY)
Meanwhile ... THE FEW ... The Mega Billionaires top 1% ... TPTB @ Walmart were counting their own PERSONAL BILLIONS they made off of the those with the most to lose
Last edited by PointsHubby on May 28th, 2020 3:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.