Shopping Discussion

NEW Walmart Canada return policy (temporary)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 23rd, 2020 10:15 pm
Mar 7, 2017
473 posts
196 upvotes
kr0zet wrote: No. Walmart is basically a cash and carry business right now.
im actually chatting with them right now, and he said i can return it via mail because its an online order. he said returning in store is up to
the managers discretion.
does this seem accurate ?
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2011
3930 posts
3478 upvotes
The NORTH
1tallaznguy wrote: im actually chatting with them right now, and he said i can return it via mail because its an online order. he said returning in store is up to
the managers discretion.
does this seem accurate ?
No. I haven't heard that Walmart takes online orders back via mail. Even if they did why would you want to ship a bike back. The usual MO is that they tell you to return it in store. The problem is that stores are refusing ANY return because of CoVid... At some point that will change but how long you wanna gamble on that. Wife bought a bike that was on clearance for $50 and the front forks are bent. Walmart refuses a refund but said to hole onto the receipt for a later date. Wonder if it will be rectified this summer or not... Basically a $50 lesson on where to spend our money.
Mar 7, 2017
473 posts
196 upvotes
kr0zet wrote: No. I haven't heard that Walmart takes online orders back via mail. Even if they did why would you want to ship a bike back. The usual MO is that they tell you to return it in store. The problem is that stores are refusing ANY return because of CoVid... At some point that will change but how long you wanna gamble on that. Wife bought a bike that was on clearance for $50 and the front forks are bent. Walmart refuses a refund but said to hole onto the receipt for a later date. Wonder if it will be rectified this summer or not... Basically a $50 lesson on where to spend our money.
he actually said if there is any issues with the bike after assembly, he can set up their courier to come pick it up for the free return, that was my concern if after i assemble it, and find any issues with it that iT can be returned, i asked numerous times to be sure .
Last edited by 1tallaznguy on May 28th, 2020 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 24, 2016
705 posts
849 upvotes
scarborough
there is a lot of very poor customer service being provided.

these companies are making a fortune because of covid19 but not treating customers fairly.

Walmart, Amazon
Dec 6, 2010
453 posts
140 upvotes
Atleast Amazon is taking returns.....fk off Walmart
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
27372 posts
7681 upvotes
PointsHubby wrote: Walmart is being a dick.
They are using Covid as an EXCUSE to not process returns ...
Even if an item is defective

This from a Co that made MILLIONS / BILLIONS of dollars while Covid raged
And in some instances were the only choice ... folks could buy stuff from
(Nothing else open)
Yep, "imagine what Walmart would do if they had a monopoly?" Well folks, we just learned what they would do--axe returns and not give a shit because you're gonna go there anyway :mad:

I'm considering not shopping there any more TBH but this is a decision better made once everything is "back to normal" it seems. Still it doesn't really bother me since I return something so rarely; but it's the principle involved here. The more you spend at Walmart, the more competitors they kill off. Once they kill them off, even outside of covid, this is the kind of douchebaggery they will engage in. In this case the lame "stay at home" nonsense handed them a temporary monopoly on a silver platter, and this is what they did pretty much immediately.
PointsHubby wrote: But then ...
I am not surprised
If you do your research Walmart can be a VERY GREEDY Corp
They like “to pretend” they are all about the little guy
But they are not
They’ll screw their Customers, Suppliers & Employees whenever they can
Remember this, and how little they care if you got taken during Covid
(Worse time ever to get screwed, in the middle of a pandemic with so much hardship & sacrifice by SO MANY)
Meanwhile ... THE FEW ... The Mega Billionaires top 1% ... TPTB @ Walmart were counting their own PERSONAL BILLIONS they made off of the those with the most to lose
Interestingly Walmart is so huge it has become like a mini-nation inside its corporate workings. There's actually a movement of people not exactly "against" Walmart because they have bought shares--they've bought into the company and go to shareholder meetings to make a stink about stuff, almost like people protesting government actions/inactions. They're a very small minority but they've gained a lot of momentum over time. In the US, sometimes you'll find them in the parking lots of Walmarts getting people to sign up for their electronic newsletter and "join the cause" against Walmart...by joining Walmart and fighting them internally. In the early days I think it was called "Wake up Walmart" but they changed the name now IIRC.
Banned
Jun 1, 2020
1 posts
Peice of shit goofs, i hope this riot raids every walmart and they get ripped off for all the broken defective shit they are selling and not willing to replace a week later the purchase with the receipt, as if they didn't already make a fortune off this pandemic now their selling people broken shit and saying they wont do anything, they'll be lucky if they dont end up like target in Minneapolis
May 31, 2008
979 posts
483 upvotes
Toronto
any luck recently?
If they don't allow returns - can you do a charge back?
Mar 24, 2016
705 posts
849 upvotes
scarborough
COVID-19 Return Policy Update
Are there any changes to the Return Policy due to COVID-19?
Yes. As the COVID-19 situation continues to change, we’re taking action to better serve you and our associates. We’ve temporarily updated our Return Policy, effective immediately.
Any item purchased before March 14 is eligible for a 30-day extension in addition to our regular return window.
Bulk returns will not be accepted (i.e. more than three of the same item).
Select items will now be considered final sale if purchased after March 20, including wearables, ear/headphones, mattresses, and sleeping bags.
Any opened products We will not accept returns on anor any item without a receipt if purchased after March 20.
Please read the temporary return policy updates that are also in effect for Third Party items purchased on Walmart.ca.
Last edited by explorer11 on Jun 8th, 2020 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 24, 2016
705 posts
849 upvotes
scarborough
i just wanted to gt this post up to date again.

My wife wanted to return a defetive item and was refused

What a bunch of greedy jack ass this company is
Deal Guru
Oct 5, 2008
13061 posts
7131 upvotes
Toronto
AndrewH58414 wrote: Peice of shit goofs, i hope this riot raids every walmart and they get ripped off for all the broken defective shit they are selling and not willing to replace a week later the purchase with the receipt, as if they didn't already make a fortune off this pandemic now their selling people broken shit and saying they wont do anything, they'll be lucky if they dont end up like target in Minneapolis
one and done poster...well done!
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2019
1018 posts
1122 upvotes
Ducky90 wrote: Anyone have any luck with credit card charge backs?
Yep it works. You have to be persistant too
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2004
2869 posts
366 upvotes
So if you open an electronics item, you can't return it, even with a receipt?