Shopping Discussion

NEW Walmart Canada return policy (temporary)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 4th, 2021 11:12 pm
Aug 7, 2019
892 posts
297 upvotes
Rob76 wrote: If anything, this whole period has really shined a light on which retailers are good and which aren't.
This. Walmart, Canada Computers, and all the other stores that became restrictive without reason - those are the stores I will avoid whenever possible
Oct 8, 2020
194 posts
290 upvotes
Ottawa
DrDoomsday wrote: How did people ever manage to reach head office? I can barely get ahold of them after they shipped me the wrong item and gave me an escalation ticket.
They either call the 1-800 number off the website which is a call centre overseas. But when a customer goes all nutty on said call centre, the rep emails the store manager (or sometimes district manager) who then offers the gift card. But it's a fairly standard thing: Call the 1-800 number, lose your mind, a member of management from said store will call to apologize and offer you a gift card more often then not. In some stores (not all) the direct line for the district manager is posted at the Customer Service Desk.
Aug 7, 2019
892 posts
297 upvotes
SenatorsFan wrote: In some stores (not all) the direct line for the district manager is posted at the Customer Service Desk.
Interesting. I've never seen the direct line posted. Only the store's phone number. Is it supposed to be pretty easy to spot?
Oct 8, 2020
194 posts
290 upvotes
Ottawa
DrDoomsday wrote: Interesting. I've never seen the direct line posted. Only the store's phone number. Is it supposed to be pretty easy to spot?
Yeah it should be easy to spot, the store manager is also supposed to have their picture posted. That's above my pay grade but I've noticed more and more stores aren't posting the store manager's picture anymore. Not to mention that the district manager's phone number is being replaced with the 1-800 number.
Aug 7, 2019
892 posts
297 upvotes
SenatorsFan wrote: Yeah it should be easy to spot, the store manager is also supposed to have their picture posted. That's above my pay grade but I've noticed more and more stores aren't posting the store manager's picture anymore. Not to mention that the district manager's phone number is being replaced with the 1-800 number.
Yes, that's exactly it. I have always seen lines on teh signs for teh store manager/district manager's phone number but they just replace it with the store phone number and 1-800-walmart at every store I've been to in Ontario.
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2006
2977 posts
980 upvotes
Toronto
mizermalice wrote: Did a mail return for a monitor through their online portal for a walmart.ca order to avoid lining up instore during covid. Been over 7 weeks since it was returned to their warehouse and they still haven't issued my refund. Every time I call customer service I get a different story, one rep says it still has to be processed, another rep says Credit Card company's fault, and another tells me to send them an email.

Anyone else run into this issue? Never received any confirmation email regarding the return, but the tracking number shows it was delivered. Never seen such a large company have such terrible logistics, no wonder amazon has them running around in circles.
I have the same issue. It's been over two months since the monitored was returned. Calling walmart is useless - they've escalated it several times and the issue is under investigation, told me someone will contact me, but nothing ever happens. Next week I shall call my CC for a chargeback. Walmart won't be getting my business again.
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2006
1427 posts
197 upvotes
Toronto
ak-47 wrote: I have the same issue. It's been over two months since the monitored was returned. Calling walmart is useless - they've escalated it several times and the issue is under investigation, told me someone will contact me, but nothing ever happens. Next week I shall call my CC for a chargeback. Walmart won't be getting my business again.
As an update, my CC company helped me process a chargeback, and then a few weeks later Wal-mart issued my refund (after the chargeback was already issued). I assume my Chargeback will be reversed now. Took Walmart nearly 3.5 months to process the refund.
Nov 24, 2020
2 posts
Just like the early days of the pandemic... Walmart is not accepting returns of "open" products once again.

This contray to their policy on the website... but I am guessing this has changed recently and it's not reflected on the website.
Deal Addict
Jun 13, 2010
2956 posts
2881 upvotes
GTA
redacted wrote: Just like the early days of the pandemic... Walmart is not accepting returns of "open" products once again.

This contray to their policy on the website... but I am guessing this has changed recently and it's not reflected on the website.
Is this in one of the lockdown areas like Toronto or Manitoba?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
7120 posts
1319 upvotes
General question about Walmart return... If I bought a bike from Walmart.ca (not third party), can I return to store fully assembled? Bought a gift, kid may not like it.
Apr 19, 2012
670 posts
173 upvotes
TORONTO
So if we tried to return one of these items: Even unopened, are we all SOL since they are not final sale? I bought a phillips toothbrush as a gift but family decided they didn't want it. Its still unopened....

Final sale
Prescription medication, gift cards, pre-paid phone cards, ammunition, fireworks, digital downloads, Clearance (except for private brand labels), pierced earrings, special order jewellery, photo custom services, all undergarments, all swimwear & cover-ups, personal care items, sexual wellness & family planning, items without a receipt, headphones & earphones, air mattresses & sleeping bags, and trading & collector cards, and face masks.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2006
3472 posts
380 upvotes
Toronto
damn my delivery date is jan 11 from the order confirmation email, i thought it showed up as dec 30th at first.
====================================
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2017
1587 posts
707 upvotes
GTA
Diapers - do they still allow exchanges without receipt? My kid had a growth spurt and has outgrown current size, I have unopened box I want to exchange to higher size.
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2020
2701 posts
2226 upvotes
Toronto
headleygrange wrote: Diapers - do they still allow exchanges without receipt? My kid had a growth spurt and has outgrown current size, I have unopened box I want to exchange to higher size.
You need the receipt to do an exchange

"All merchandise may be refunded or exchanged within 120 days, providing the receipt accompanies the product, except for the following:"

from https://www.walmart.ca/en/help/returns
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2017
1587 posts
707 upvotes
GTA
Dhanushan wrote: You need the receipt to do an exchange

"All merchandise may be refunded or exchanged within 120 days, providing the receipt accompanies the product, except for the following:"

from https://www.walmart.ca/en/help/returns
YMMV.
I was able to exchange for a higher size diaper without receipt.