Expired Hot Deals

[Tangerine Savings] NEW - YMMV - Earn 2.00% interest* on deposits to your Savings Account(s) until March 31, 2021.

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 29th, 2020 2:56 pm
[OP]
Apr 28, 2012
36 posts
52 upvotes

[Tangerine Savings] Earn 2.00% interest on deposits to your savings accounts until March 31, 2021 (Targeted)

Saw this promotion when logged in my Tangerine account this morning.

Earn 2.00% interest on deposits to your savings accounts until March 31, 2021. (Targeted)
Images
  • 112200.png
Thread Summary
General:

The Tangerine Bank (the “Bank”) Savings Interest Offer of 2.00% (the “Offer”) is available to existing Tangerine Clients who: (1) receive a communication about the Offer directly from the Bank (“Eligible Clients”) (2) “Activate” (as defined in Section 4 below) the Offer by November 30, 2020 and (3) receive a Confirmation in their online Inbox that the Offer has been successfully activated.

The Offer is only available to Eligible Clients between November 4, 2020 and March 31, 2021 (the “Offer Period”). If the Offer is not Activated between November 4, 2020 and November 30, 2020, Tangerine Clients will not be eligible for the Offer and will not receive Promotional Interest.

The Offer is only applicable to Tangerine Savings Accounts (“Savings”), Tangerine Tax-Free Savings Accounts (“TFSA Savings”), Tangerine RSP Savings Accounts (“RSP Savings”), Tangerine US$ Savings Accounts (“US$ Savings) (referred to collectively as “Applicable Accounts”) where the Eligible Client is the Primary Account Holder as described in Section 13 below. Multiple Applicable Accounts of the same type (for example, 3 separate TFSA Savings Accounts) are collectively defined as an “Applicable Account Type”. The Offer is not applicable to any other Accounts, including (but not limited to) Tangerine RIF Savings Accounts (“RIF Savings”) Tangerine Business Savings Accounts, Tangerine US$ Business Savings Accounts, or Tangerine Children’s Savings Accounts (“CSA”).

To “Activate” the Offer, the Client needs to perform one of the following actions by November 30, 2020:

Click the ‘Activate Now’ button in the Offer email that the Client has received directly from the Bank; or
Click the ‘Activate Now’ button on Tangerine’s website once the Client has logged in; or
Open an Applicable Account; or
Accept the Offer through the Tangerine Interactive Voice Response System.
“Promotional Interest” is the interest earned on Eligible Deposits made to Applicable Accounts each day during the Offer Period. “Eligible Deposits” for any day during the Offer Period is the excess of (i) the sum of end-of-day balances in all Applicable Accounts per Applicable Account Type (excluding Promotional Interest) over (ii) the sum of end-of-day balances in all Applicable Accounts per Applicable Account Type as at November 3, 2020, to a maximum of $1,000,000†, subject to the exclusions in Section 10 below.

Promotional Interest:

A Promotional Interest rate of 2.00% will apply to Eligible Deposits under this Offer. Eligible Clients will receive Promotional Interest in two separate interest payments - (1) interest calculated at the Posted Rate, (2) an additional interest payment that represents the excess of Promotional Interest over Posted Rate interest (“additional interest”). For clarity, Promotional Interest equals the sum of Posted Rate interest and additional interest. Payment of additional interest will be made to the Applicable Account at the start of the month following the month in which it was calculated. The Posted Rate may change at any time without prior notice, resulting in a corresponding change to the additional interest rate so that the Promotional Interest rate remains unchanged. Notwithstanding the above, the Bank may change the Promotional Interest rate at any time without prior notice.

† For US$ Savings Accounts, the maximum Eligible Deposit amount is $1,000,000 USD.
53 replies
Mar 22, 2018
459 posts
752 upvotes
Canada
NEW Tangerine offer - just launched a couple hours ago!

2.0% interest on your savings account (New Money Only) based on deposits after Nov. 4!
Special rate goes until March 31, 2021

Login to your Tangerine account, check your insights!
Insights.png
Promo.png
Apr 5, 2016
606 posts
1237 upvotes
BC
Sweet! I got the promo this time around, first time this year!!!! Thanks OP!
Jul 26, 2016
187 posts
60 upvotes
Ack. I called in earlier this week and they only offered me 1.6. Has anyone phoned in and received the 2%?
Oct 17, 2005
363 posts
661 upvotes
Toronto
YMMV - checked but didn't see offer for myself
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2007
1581 posts
396 upvotes
Edmonton
Arg! waiting for these promos but another disappointment. Earning 0.15% is a let down. :-(
Thanks for posting OP
Oct 4, 2018
50 posts
57 upvotes
Milton, ON
same here... I just checked and there was no promos available.
maybe check again later in the day or tomorrow to see it if magically appears :)
May 7, 2018
41 posts
17 upvotes
Markham, ON
Ay, I got this one. I haven't been getting the past few so about time. Thank you!
Tangerine
Public Mobile $25/1GB
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2007
4061 posts
1729 upvotes
Quebec
received the offer this morning too, only for new money, all my account were loaded with lots of money already, no 2% for me as i dont have anymore money to put in
Mar 22, 2018
459 posts
752 upvotes
Canada
You're welcome :) To those of you that didn't get it, hopefully you get the next one!
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2004
13720 posts
4249 upvotes
RFD
Seems like I just got this in my insights, didn't see it before, it's good thing that I just moved out a chunk of money out of tangerine back on October 21... So it looks like I can dump the money back in and get the 2%
Mar 22, 2018
459 posts
752 upvotes
Canada
Tjklovesthisplace wrote: Eq pays 1.7
Actually it's 1.5% not 1.7% but still a good back up. The 1.7% is a GIC which locks your money in.
Strongly suggest NOT to exceed the 100K CDIC limit with EQ Bank.
Oct 20, 2013
22 posts
9 upvotes
Calgary AB
if i move to chequing and back to savings will that count as new?
Mar 22, 2018
459 posts
752 upvotes
Canada
Russo96 wrote: if i move to chequing and back to savings will that count as new?
Unfortunately not, it never counts like that. It's usually suggested to move all your money out when there is no promo, then move it back when you get a promo.
Jan 19, 2014
43 posts
220 upvotes
Russo96 wrote: if i move to chequing and back to savings will that count as new?
That would have worked if you'd done it earlier. It totals up your savings accounts as at Nov 3, and counts new money as of Nov 4. So if you'd already been holding all your cash in chequing then you're golden
Deal Guru
Dec 5, 2006
10021 posts
5167 upvotes
Markham
Simplii 2% for everyone . Why wait for lottery
Mar 22, 2018
459 posts
752 upvotes
Canada
smartie wrote: Simplii 2% for everyone . Why wait for lottery
Here's a couple of reasons:
Interest is paid monthly unlike Simplii (have to wait until April 2021 to get the interest) - has it's pros and cons.
At Tangerine you know you're getting the promotion once you activate it, at Simplii it's always a bit iffy.
People with over $100K will want to diversify across accounts for CDIC coverage.
Most people already have a Tangerine account.
The Simplii rate was a lottery too until their promo showed up...