[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2019
1030 posts
1767 upvotes
YXE, Sask.

New Zoomer+ Mastercard.

https://my.zoomerplus.com/
It looks like a rebranded Brim Mastercard targeted at boomers/seniors. They have a standard and World Elite versions.
Koodo BF 2022 $30 20 GB ($25 for first 5 months!)
Samsung Galaxy A53 owner.
16 replies
Deal Addict
May 16, 2017
2452 posts
3223 upvotes
LeifS39303 wrote: https://my.zoomerplus.com/
It looks like a rebranded Brim Mastercard targeted at boomers/seniors. They have a standard and World Elite versions.
The pop-up comparison states it is a "BRIM" product.
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
15537 posts
14070 upvotes
Going to the Moon
Both the basic and WE cards sadly have the 2.5% FTF (can't even give Boomers a break). The included features are kinda cool, even for the general population (obviously some of the rebate programs focus on Boomers/seniors).
Premium Life: CDC [Icey Private Status]/SwissBorg Genesis/InLock/Netflix UHD [100% off]/Amazon [Prime 100% off]/Instacart [Express]
Jul 26, 2022
257 posts
398 upvotes
Toronto
I wish they could bump up the travel medical coverage. Only 3 days for 65+ which is the target market for this card.
RFD lurker since 2017
Deal Addict
May 31, 2018
1145 posts
2876 upvotes
If CARP is anything like AARP then be aware their sole purpose is to sell your info to as many places as possible forever. Mail, email, phone call spam like you'd never believe, I bet stuff even shows up at your grave if they find out where it is.

No way a few discounts will ever make up for the perpetual annoyance. YMMV of course.
Dec 12, 2016
521 posts
534 upvotes
robsaw wrote: The pop-up comparison states it is a "BRIM" product.
Zoomer cards used to be issued by MBNA. I wonder if Alaska Airlines and BW Rewards MC will soon follow suit to Brim.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2012
2860 posts
4664 upvotes
Toronto
CARP? More like CRAP.
Deal Guru
Dec 5, 2006
13434 posts
8807 upvotes
Markham
Here2day2 wrote: Zoomer cards used to be issued by MBNA. I wonder if Alaska Airlines and BW Rewards MC will soon follow suit to Brim.
It does seem like Brim is going to be the issuer of issuers
Mar 4, 2005
314 posts
51 upvotes
Richmond
the only thing that would have entice me for the card is No Forex. Since they aren't offering that here, no need to get it
Deal Guru
Dec 5, 2006
13434 posts
8807 upvotes
Markham
MizuRyuu wrote: the only thing that would have entice me for the card is No Forex. Since they aren't offering that here, no need to get it
I doubt no FX is in the top list for boomers
Feb 26, 2011
209 posts
120 upvotes
Scarborough
I don't see how any snowbird would be enticed to use this card (which I'm assuming is the target audience). You might as well use a US credit card when the majority of US card issuers have no forex fees.
Deal Expert
Jan 9, 2011
15830 posts
21582 upvotes
Vancouver
erniefu wrote: I don't see how any snowbird would be enticed to use this card (which I'm assuming is the target audience). You might as well use a US credit card when the majority of US card issuers have no forex fees.
The vast majority of Canadians either don't realize their FX rate is marked up by 2.5%, or if they do, they don't know there are alternatives, or even if they know that, they don't think it's a big enough deal to care about it. We tend to forget that here in the RFD bubble.
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2010
3157 posts
3030 upvotes
GTA
Kiraly wrote: The vast majority of Canadians either don't realize their FX rate is marked up by 2.5%, or if they do, they don't know there are alternatives, or even if they know that, they don't think it's a big enough deal to care about it. We tend to forget that here in the RFD bubble.
This ^
Sad but true but ignorance, disinterest in seeking the best products is what does not allow these great products to thrive. Most people dont know or care about cost optimization in various parts of their expenses (think Cell phone plans, paying MSRP like Canadian Tire).
It's what big business thrives off...

EDIT: of course there are those who don't have time to fish around for offers due to their personal circumstances and have a deeper understanding of how things work to get ahead of them. So I do respect that.
Deal Guru
Dec 5, 2006
13434 posts
8807 upvotes
Markham
martydxb wrote: This ^
Sad but true but ignorance, disinterest in seeking the best products is what does not allow these great products to thrive. Most people dont know or care about cost optimization in various parts of their expenses (think Cell phone plans, paying MSRP like Canadian Tire).
It's what big business thrives off...

EDIT: of course there are those who don't have time to fish around for offers due to their personal circumstances and have a deeper understanding of how things work to get ahead of them. So I do respect that.
It's not fully customers fault.

Other industries make money by making things easier for customers, think iPhone

Banking industry makes money by making things complicated.

That's why Warren Buffett said "Wall Street is the only place that people ride to in a Rolls Royce to get advice from those who take the subway."
Deal Expert
Jan 9, 2011
15830 posts
21582 upvotes
Vancouver
martydxb wrote: Check out this amazing card from RBC!
https://www.rbcroyalbank.com/credit-car ... tinum.html
Cool! lol
</sarcasm>
That card does have one thing going for it: Auto rental CDW with no annual fee and no high income requirement. The only others are CIBC's basic Aventura and Aeroplan, and Capital One's pair of Aspire cards. And ATB Gold if you live in Alberta.