Cell Phones

Newbie. How to upgrade plan from zoomer wireless?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 2nd, 2022 2:50 pm
Jan 26, 2008
837 posts
78 upvotes
Scarborough

Newbie. How to upgrade plan from zoomer wireless?

Currently have 4gb+1gb LTE for 36. Can I call and upgrade to 7+2(current promo). Do I have to cancel current plan, lose number, and restart the byop process? 5gb isn’t enough for me as I keep going over 6. What is the ideal or optimal process for me? Thanks in advance!
3 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2009
2792 posts
419 upvotes
Mississauga
Those promotional plans are usually for “New Customers only” doesn’t hurt to try and call in to get it and maybe a chance of getting a slightly “better plan”.

If that doesn’t work and you want to keep your number, port your number out to a different provider. Then after a few hour or the next day, port back into getting that Nolan you like.

If you don’t mind having a new number and easy way of getting that new plan is what you saying … get a new number with that new plan then cancel your current/old plan.
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2014
1129 posts
525 upvotes
Corunna, ON
I would consider just moving to Phonebox instead. Still on Rogers and 10 gigs for $35 a month using the promo code. Thread in Hot Deals.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
38395 posts
12019 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
vinkl wrote: Currently have 4gb+1gb LTE for 36. Can I call and upgrade to 7+2(current promo). Do I have to cancel current plan, lose number, and restart the byop process? 5gb isn’t enough for me as I keep going over 6. What is the ideal or optimal process for me? Thanks in advance!
Your contract is not tied to the plan. It is tied to the provider. You can call and upgrade your plan anytime. Your number will remain the same. The plan code associated with your account will change.

They will probably reset the clock too. Meaning that your two years will start from the date of the change. They're sneaky that way.

Just call them and tell them you need more data and want to upgrade your plan

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)