[Newegg] 30 KN95 Masks $39.99

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 26th, 2020 6:04 pm
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2006
8714 posts
3170 upvotes
Toronto
Thatdealguy wrote: Precovid is less than $1/3m mask if you buy it from suppliers.
Retail costs around $1/each.

It still cost around $1 each depends on what kind of 3m mask. The white 3m respirators are $1/each to $1.50.
You can only buy it from suppliers and they don't sell it to public. Only people who purchased from them before

Nobody's talking about pre-covid prices. We're talking about what people can buy retail NOW.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 21, 2015
9321 posts
57042 upvotes
Ontario
Arrgh wrote: Nobody's talking about pre-covid prices. We're talking about what people can buy retail NOW.
read the previous post.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2002
3397 posts
2076 upvotes
Vancouver
alpovs wrote: Thanks for the tip. But I think manufacturing (K)N95 masks with ear-loops is just wrong. This alone casts a doubt about the mask itself.
Tell that to 3M. They make a half dozen KN95 respirators. Those same models also meet Aus/NZ P2 standards.
Deal Addict
Sep 16, 2013
1294 posts
714 upvotes
SW ON
Spinner wrote: Tell that to 3M. They make a half dozen KN95 respirators. Those same models also meet Aus/NZ P2 standards.
KN95 is a Chinese standard. If they make KN95 they probably stay in China. Here they sell N95 masks. When I needed those for work I never ever had an ear-loop N95 mask. It is supposed to fit tightly and ears are not so robust for this.
Deal Addict
Sep 16, 2013
1294 posts
714 upvotes
SW ON
Thatdealguy wrote: Note: 3m n95 = $1 each = even right now.
Thatdealguy wrote: Precovid is less than $1/3m mask if you buy it from suppliers.
Retail costs around $1/each.

It still cost around $1 each depends on what kind of 3m mask. The white 3m respirators are $1/each to $1.50.
You can only buy it from suppliers and they don't sell it to public. Only people who purchased from them before
Thus is ridiculous. You claim that one can buy $1 3M N95 masks. People ask you where. And you say they are not sold to public? What's your point? What's your contribution?
Nov 26, 2013
213 posts
77 upvotes
Surrey, BC
That is correct. From everything I have researched, the KN95 are extremely disappointing. They let air in through the front as well as the sides. It even has perforations. It lacks a nose clip.
I am still in dire need of a true N95 mask as I have a mother going through cancer surgery this Fall and I'm going to have to source her the best mask I can find. I was hoping the KN95 would do the trick but when I received one, it was no better than the dollar store KN95s and offered poor protection.
elgros4 wrote: I guess because KN95 is not equal to N95.
Nov 26, 2013
213 posts
77 upvotes
Surrey, BC
Would you be willing to share so people like my mom can purchase one? We desperately need to obtain one for my mom who is going in for cancer surgery.
alpovs wrote: Thus is ridiculous. You claim that one can buy $1 3M N95 masks. People ask you where. And you say they are not sold to public? What's your point? What's your contribution?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2006
8714 posts
3170 upvotes
Toronto
Thatdealguy wrote: read the previous post.
So again you cannot back up your ridiculous claims. Why bother posting garbage.
Deal Addict
Sep 16, 2013
1294 posts
714 upvotes
SW ON
ilovevideogames wrote: Would you be willing to share so people like my mom can purchase one? We desperately need to obtain one for my mom who is going in for cancer surgery.
To share... what? I am not following you.
Nov 26, 2013
213 posts
77 upvotes
Surrey, BC
To share a link to purchase these since you claim to know, it would be greatly appreciated
alpovs wrote: To share... what? I am not following you.
Deal Addict
Sep 16, 2013
1294 posts
714 upvotes
SW ON
ilovevideogames wrote: To share a link to purchase these since you claim to know, it would be greatly appreciated
I never claimed to know. I don't. I wish to know. I was responding to a guy who claimed to know but he didn't.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2002
3397 posts
2076 upvotes
Vancouver
alpovs wrote: KN95 is a Chinese standard. If they make KN95 they probably stay in China. Here they sell N95 masks. When I needed those for work I never ever had an ear-loop N95 mask. It is supposed to fit tightly and ears are not so robust for this.
The point being, if earloop designs were "wrong" as you suggested, 3M wouldn't make them.

3M has earloop respirator designs that meet Chinese KN95 and AUS/NZ P2 standards.

Nothing about the KN95 or P2 standards specify earloop attachments.

Keep in mind that N95 designs are designs for Caucasians while KN95 is designed for Asian facial features (hence the vertical flat fold). So it's no surprise you've seen an earloop N95
Deal Fanatic
Oct 21, 2015
9321 posts
57042 upvotes
Ontario
alpovs wrote: Thus is ridiculous. You claim that one can buy $1 3M N95 masks. People ask you where. And you say they are not sold to public? What's your point? What's your contribution?
Arrgh wrote: So again you cannot back up your ridiculous claims. Why bother posting garbage.

I never said it was for the public like for the average person. They are still limited to certain companies/hospitals/clinics/pharmacies.
It's all about how you treat others. Treat people nicely and they may be able to help you out as well.
I'm telling you and other rfders that 3M only costs $1-$1.5/mask right now.

This information may be garbage to you but it may help others to think twice before buying the expensive KN95.

although those companies can buy 3m (white mask), it is still limited quantity.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
6996 posts
3319 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
I just cant stop laughing when I see people complain about KN95 while using cloth mask.
Even fake KN95 beat cloth mask any day.
A lot of people dont even cover their nose wearing cloth mask.
Most people dont really understand why are we wearing mask. They just do it because it is fake mandatory and feel that if they do not wear one, they will be judged.
The truth is cloth mask protect people around you while KN95 and N95 provide some sort of protection for yourself as well.
Bandanas, scarf and face shield is the worst among all the covering. They neither protect people around you nor yourself. It is just for the show.
North America is so behind in face covering and hand washing compare to Asia. Education wise, we are not there yet compare to Asia.
We probably need at least one more pandemic to catch up in the mindset.
ilovevideogames wrote: That is correct. From everything I have researched, the KN95 are extremely disappointing. They let air in through the front as well as the sides. It even has perforations. It lacks a nose clip.
I am still in dire need of a true N95 mask as I have a mother going through cancer surgery this Fall and I'm going to have to source her the best mask I can find. I was hoping the KN95 would do the trick but when I received one, it was no better than the dollar store KN95s and offered poor protection.
May be the one you use is a fake one. I use KN95 a lot and I do not see any of those problems. Also, it definitely has a nose wire clip.
Last edited by theflyingsquirrel on Sep 5th, 2020 2:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine