Expired Hot Deals

[Newegg] 30 KN95 Masks $39.99

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 26th, 2020 6:04 pm
Nov 26, 2015
16 posts
7 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
MyUsernameDoesntMatter wrote: Wow you go to lecture people and then spread literal misinformation. I guarantee you haven't been to mainland China unless you're intentionally being dishonest.
Washrooms in mainland China almost never have hand soap or even paper for that matter. People in China or visiting China have to carry their own paper with them.

How about you get all your facts straight before trying to be the arbiter of truth.
http://www.sixthtone.com/news/1006003/r ... e-years-on
Mar 31, 2017
216 posts
205 upvotes
Capindy wrote: 3M article on differences between various mask standard

https://multimedia.3m.com/mws/media/179 ... ses-tb.pdf
townie22 wrote:
I'm high risk, and bought these Made in Canada Level III disposable surgical masks https://unitedcanadainc.com/product/dis ... in-canada/ I asked a nurse at Provincial Gov't Nursing Home what they use and she said Level II.
buymore4less wrote: Here is a FACE MASK GUIDE to different classes of face masks that may help in understanding ASTM levels (1, 2, 3) and N95.
Technically KN95 is equivalent to N95 and is more suitable for protection in current situation than ASTM level 1-3 mask to me. So thanks to OP I ordered one for Kid going to high school soon.
Last edited by Capindy on Sep 5th, 2020 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 21, 2015
9104 posts
54445 upvotes
Ontario
Arrgh wrote: My contact at a GTA hospital , the procurement manager, says your info is BS.

During this pandemic, medical N95s cannot be bought for $1-1.5/each, it costs much higher price than that, if available. Even if you have money to buy, it is still difficult to source N95s. So your info is garbage.

I guess you need to find a new friend who can help you out. as I said, I was referring to the white 3m n95. Not the blue one. The blue one costs more.
COSTCO is closed on October 12 (Thanksgiving)
Saint-Hubert (Quebec) Costco = Oct 12 = 7AM - 6PM
Deal Fanatic
Oct 21, 2015
9104 posts
54445 upvotes
Ontario
townie22 wrote: I'm high risk, and bought these Made in Canada Level III disposable surgical masks https://unitedcanadainc.com/product/dis ... in-canada/ I asked a nurse at Provincial Gov't Nursing Home what they use and she said Level II.
I think those are just price gouging.
COSTCO is closed on October 12 (Thanksgiving)
Saint-Hubert (Quebec) Costco = Oct 12 = 7AM - 6PM
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
6768 posts
3169 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
MyUsernameDoesntMatter wrote: Wow you go to lecture people and then spread literal misinformation. I guarantee you haven't been to mainland China unless you're intentionally being dishonest.
Washrooms in mainland China almost never have hand soap or even paper for that matter. People in China or visiting China have to carry their own paper with them.

How about you get all your facts straight before trying to be the arbiter of truth.
Asia doesn't mean China only. Also, may be they want to use soap but there is no soap becasue people will steal is vs there is plenty of soap but no one use it here? I see people pickup food that is dropped to public table and put in the mouth here.
People in Asia try to avoid touching the food with bare hand as much as possible. For example, you will see people open a chocolate wrap and put it in the mouth without touching the chocolate with hand. But people here open the wrap, grab it with fingers and put in the mouth.
There is a fundamental difference.

And you are telling me people here has better alert about the pandemic vs those who experience first hand SARS and H5N1?
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2018
3678 posts
2923 upvotes
alpovs wrote: Can an N95 or KN95 mask be with ear-loops? I think it has to have head loops.
KN95 are earloops
N95 are head loops
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2006
8685 posts
3146 upvotes
Toronto
Spinner wrote: Your friend should find a new job.

VWR has been selling surgical N95s for regular price. Limited supply yes to confirmed scientific and medical accounts only. Price is less than $1.50 each. When you have a validated account, the pricing is an additional 30% less.

https://ca.vwr.com/store/product/en/478 ... ofessional

Keep in mind 3M has not raised the price of their N95 respirator products either. They specifically stated this in a press release. Everyone is simply on allocation.

https://multimedia.3m.com/mws/media/186 ... ricing.pdf
3M in US said they have not raised prices. But are they available in mass quantities for here? No.

For the link you posted, that's also for restricted accounts, if they have stock. As you even said, limited supplies. For many hospitals they are still having difficulty getting more N95s. Many medium size hospitals go through hundreds of N95s a day, sometimes more if there's a surge need. The situation is improving, especially with Taiwan lifting its export ban of masks, so Canadian government has been ordering. But it's not quite there yet (for hospitals to get as many as they really wanted)
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2018
3678 posts
2923 upvotes
alpovs wrote: No.
Spinner wrote: 9502++2.jpg
Ones they've tested and give out to hospital staff aersols protocol are earlooped kn95s
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2004
1923 posts
189 upvotes
Toronto
mc hammer wrote: The Chinese gov has an official list as well. Anybody else is just some guy who decided to make masks. It's not like they're regulated and going to get in trouble if they don't work.

Just spend a little more and get a vogmask. Reusable and not made in China.
Looked it up. Where did you/one get a vogmask besides the official site? Read that all non-US deliveries are shipped by UPS and "shipping charge US $25". JEEBUSSSSSS!! With the $33 USD and UPS brokerage charges, the total all in price is nuts.