[Newegg] 30 KN95 Masks $39.99

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 26th, 2020 6:04 pm
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2002
5863 posts
262 upvotes
Quebec
Latest whispers are you don't want N95. Sightly inferior masks are better for people who aren't already in a dire situation (severe pneumonia, immune disorders, etc) or in health care environment with severely infectious persons. Viral load is the problem. Tiny amounts of the virus builds antibodies like a vaccine would. The catch is to keep building those antibodies for years until it sticks and most people don't need the mask anymore. Like with the flu, any covid vaccine would be seasonal and forever. People have to decide between masks for a few years vs vaccinations forever. There is truth to herd immunity, I mean the term exists for a reason and shouldn't be dismissed because ignorant people also favor it because like with anything, everything is in the details. If we do herd immunity without restricting viral load (using masks), a ton of people will die. Wearing masks is actively participating in herd immunity.
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2009
1778 posts
699 upvotes
MooseV2 wrote: I can’t believe people have made it this far into the pandemic without reusable masks
Because they are mostly useless, and restrict breathing.
Apr 3, 2010
59 posts
19 upvotes
free shipping is not there anymore , 19.99 now.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2007
5589 posts
5220 upvotes
MooseV2 wrote: I can’t believe people have made it this far into the pandemic without reusable masks
They don't work for me. Have bought several, all from difference places, each and every one simply doesn't fit right, and each and every one fogs my glasses up to the point I can't see anything.

And yes, I've always made sure to only get ones with the metal wire in the mask to conform to my nose.

Certain disposable ones are the only ones that don't fog the glasses up as much (still do a little). Ironically the ones I bought way back in January from Ali when I saw the writing on the wall and stocked up have been best. I find the ones from CC tolerable, the ones from Costco pretty much not, and the ones from Walmart decent.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2007
5589 posts
5220 upvotes
fakishan wrote: Latest whispers are you don't want N95. Sightly inferior masks are better for people who aren't already in a dire situation (severe pneumonia, immune disorders, etc) or in health care environment with severely infectious persons. Viral load is the problem. Tiny amounts of the virus builds antibodies like a vaccine would. The catch is to keep building those antibodies for years until it sticks and most people don't need the mask anymore. Like with the flu, any covid vaccine would be seasonal and forever. People have to decide between masks for a few years vs vaccinations forever. There is truth to herd immunity, I mean the term exists for a reason and shouldn't be dismissed because ignorant people also favor it because like with anything, everything is in the details. If we do herd immunity without restricting viral load (using masks), a ton of people will die. Wearing masks is actively participating in herd immunity.
Looks like you are spreading a good bit of potentially false information there. We don't have good data on whether a COVID vaccine would be effective for months, years, or decades. The data just isn't there, and to claim otherwise is disingenuous.

As for your claim that 'tiny amounts' build immunity: please give us your source? SARS-COV2 is WAY to new for ANYONE to have drawn that conclusion.

Stop spreading information that you aren't certain of.
Nov 20, 2014
208 posts
74 upvotes
Stouffville, ON
Forget the K95/N95 debate....I hope everyone buying these masks have been properly fit tested for the appropriate model...or else the "95" means moot, might as well wear a surgical mask. People saying "i need to buy one for my mom or my spouse"....just stop. They should only wear one if they have a fit test card.

The 95 is dependent on a perfect fit to your facial feature/structure which can only be determined with a fit test.
Jul 31, 2016
454 posts
793 upvotes
Whitby
froesesp wrote: Because they are mostly useless, and restrict breathing.
Well if some random on the internet said so, by golly it must be true
Last edited by ajacian81 on Sep 18th, 2020 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2007
1354 posts
409 upvotes
4drsprt wrote: Forget the K95/N95 debate....I hope everyone buying these masks have been properly fit tested for the appropriate model...or else the "95" means moot, might as well wear a surgical mask. People saying "i need to buy one for my mom or my spouse"....just stop. They should only wear one if they have a fit test card.

The 95 is dependent on a perfect fit to your facial feature/structure which can only be determined with a fit test.
How would a fit test work when there are no size options with this mask?
:arrowl: Thanks if Helped! :D
Deal Fanatic
Jan 31, 2006
6539 posts
1468 upvotes
Toronto
sk4487 wrote: free shipping is not there anymore , 19.99 now.
RFD invasion kill the free shipping. Lol....
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2007
5589 posts
5220 upvotes
coffeebean wrote: How would a fit test work when there are no size options with this mask?
Different brands fit differently.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2007
1354 posts
409 upvotes
repatch wrote: Different brands fit differently.
so there's no sizing standard? sounds like a nightmare
:arrowl: Thanks if Helped! :D
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2007
5589 posts
5220 upvotes
coffeebean wrote: so there's no sizing standard? sounds like a nightmare
Considering there is no 'standard' face, how in hell would there be a sizing standard?

Look, think of it like jeans. While two different jeans might have the same 'size', their fit can be completely different and while one might be perfect, the other might be rubbish.
Nov 20, 2014
208 posts
74 upvotes
Stouffville, ON
coffeebean wrote: How would a fit test work when there are no size options with this mask?
Then it shouldn't be regarded as a N95 mask Smiling Face With Open Mouth might as well classify it as a surgical mask.
Nov 20, 2014
208 posts
74 upvotes
Stouffville, ON
coffeebean wrote: so there's no sizing standard? sounds like a nightmare
There is "standard" sizing. ie. 8210, 8110, 9210 etc.
But to determine which one you are you need to get fit tested to ensure there are no leaks around the edge of the mask and your face to achieve the 95% particulate filter efficiency.