Expired Hot Deals

[Newegg] 30 KN95 Masks $39.99

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 26th, 2020 6:04 pm
Nov 13, 2010
109 posts
139 upvotes
Toronto
Parrajara wrote: Interesring. My question was general curiosity, and I appreciate you giving this example without condemning my choice. I do believe masks do something, what I wonder is how many actual cases they've stopped and how many people have used them for months without them serving a purpose (i.e. because they never interacted with someone that was exposed). Would be cool if this number would be possible to attain, but its not.
I suspect it's probably minimal at this point in Canada, given the circulation was low due to the other measures we were taking but you're right, like many things we only have correlative data not determinant data. In countries where they were using masks already given population density and total infection you can infer perhaps as many as half of cases are avoided (Japan, Taiwan, Thailand, that kind of thing), but it's all ball park because there's so many variables. To me at least, if it's even preventing 10% of cases that's worth the hassle. As another comment, I no longer try to convince people about masks in any way; it's become tied to personal world views which triggers a subconscious fight response (when your world view is challenged the same part of your brain is activated that activates if someone attacks you with a knife; if you don't know about that response it's hard to hear the rest of the discussion and rationally process the information because it's getting processed at a non-cognitive level),
Sep 16, 2019
836 posts
922 upvotes
atsak wrote: I suspect it's probably minimal at this point in Canada, given the circulation was low due to the other measures we were taking but you're right, like many things we only have correlative data not determinant data. In countries where they were using masks already given population density and total infection you can infer perhaps as many as half of cases are avoided (Japan, Taiwan, Thailand, that kind of thing), but it's all ball park because there's so many variables. To me at least, if it's even preventing 10% of cases that's worth the hassle. As another comment, I no longer try to convince people about masks in any way; it's become tied to personal world views which triggers a subconscious fight response (when your world view is challenged the same part of your brain is activated that activates if someone attacks you with a knife; if you don't know about that response it's hard to hear the rest of the discussion and rationally process the information because it's getting processed at a non-cognitive level),
I like the way you think. I can't deny I am more selfish than others, but I am not completely negligent to others. I completely agree with you about a subconscious fight reponse. I notice this in many aspects of life, aside from this mask topic. This is why I've stopped explaining myself to people, there will always be contrasting views. Likewise, I continuously work on improving my ability to listen, rather than to hear.

Cheers!
Nov 17, 2018
114 posts
61 upvotes
jellytime wrote: Where did you purchase this from?
Back in April-May I bought from here, it was the only place I could find, everything it was sold out. Now there are also probably other places as well.
https://solutionconseil.ca/boutique/en/ ... dium-p598/

The last two digits of the model "6502" represents the size, 02 = medium, so be aware of that.
You need also to buy filters or cartridges depending of what your needs are, I couldn't find any N95 filters, so I took this one rated 'P95'

https://solutionconseil.ca/boutique/en/ ... mask-p658/
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2004
9802 posts
2411 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Parrajara wrote: Hehe, I always think to myself; how much money are people spending on masks? i havent spent a single penny yet i am in the same spot as them, or even better (no COVID). I truly wonder how many people have actually been protected by masks, and how many have worn them in vain for months.
That makes absolute no sense, just because someone have never gotten into an a car accident doesn't mean that the seat belt is useless lol
Or just because no one have broken into your home yet means you can just leave all the door locks unlocked...
Jul 17, 2019
23 posts
13 upvotes
Parrajara wrote: Hehe, I always think to myself; how much money are people spending on masks? i havent spent a single penny yet i am in the same spot as them, or even better (no COVID). I truly wonder how many people have actually been protected by masks, and how many have worn them in vain for months.
At least $300-400 for PPE on top of the amounts that my employer was providing. We are not in the same spot bc I’m frontline. I don’t think you want me breathing on you with all my unknown exposures.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2006
1246 posts
243 upvotes
Bought a pack of 30. Definitely prefer the KN95's that Dollarama had over these. Some masks in this pack seem to fit bigger than others, but overall these are kinda too large and loose on the face for me. Not a good purchase on my part.
Aug 9, 2013
287 posts
202 upvotes
Mississauga
Spinner wrote: I wouldn't be surprised - back then if respirators were close to the "expiry" date, they were discounted heavily. Our facility regularly handed out boxes of short dated 3M for staff to take home. Maybe 1 respirator in a box of 20, the strap would snap if worn more than a couple times. And that was deemed unacceptable. Not sure those days will ever return.
I bought everything off the shelf if they were expired. The ONLY thing wrong with them was that occasionally the elastic would break. Who cares when there was thousands on the shelves.

I have a custom 3d mask and expired 3M Aura. I trust both far more then anything China makes.
Sep 16, 2019
836 posts
922 upvotes
hypekit wrote: At least $300-400 for PPE on top of the amounts that my employer was providing. We are not in the same spot bc I’m frontline. I don’t think you want me breathing on you with all my unknown exposures.
Damn thats not as bad tbh. I thought it would be closer to $1000. And I'm not weary of Frontline workers, my spouse is one :)
Jul 17, 2019
23 posts
13 upvotes
Parrajara wrote: Damn thats not as bad tbh. I thought it would be closer to $1000. And I'm not weary of Frontline workers, my spouse is one :)
I think it’d be more but I stocked up early when prices were still reasonable. But even if it was $1000 it’d still be worth it for me. A few days sick from work costs more than that, not the mention the possible (mostly unknown) long term consequences.
Sep 16, 2019
836 posts
922 upvotes
hypekit wrote: I think it’d be more but I stocked up early when prices were still reasonable. But even if it was $1000 it’d still be worth it for me. A few days sick from work costs more than that, not the mention the possible (mostly unknown) long term consequences.
Tbh you should have them for free. That was another big issue, people hoarding masks while the people that truly need them had limited to no access to them. I hope we are better prepared this second wave. Thank you and continue staying safe.
Mar 12, 2008
59 posts
11 upvotes
Vancouver
Anyone try to Atmotube Mask or Cambridge Mask?
Nov 17, 2018
114 posts
61 upvotes
PeZzy wrote: Anyone try to Atmotube Mask or Cambridge Mask?
It may give you a false sense a security, then you approach people thinking that you can't take the virus.