Expired Hot Deals

[Newegg] 30 KN95 Masks $39.99

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 26th, 2020 6:04 pm
Nov 17, 2018
100 posts
53 upvotes
Spinner wrote: 66 Starbucks customers infected by COVID-19

The 4 staff wearing KF94 respirators were not infected. Do you think Starbucks employees were fit tested?

https://news.yahoo.com/starbucks-branch ... 14367.html

Even a poorly fitted N95/KN95/KF94 respirator gives you better protection than a surgical mask and significantly better than no mask.
And KF94 have ear loops and the seal is worse than a N95 NIOSH with head bands.
Nov 17, 2018
100 posts
53 upvotes
Mr. Robo wrote: And these masks are only around 90% filtration rate according to Health Canada and NIOSH. But they are better than cloth and disposable masks.
Actually, not all tested 90%.

The maximum and minimum filter efficiency was 97.05% and 90.12%, respectively. Four respirators measured more than 95%. Six respirators measured less than 95%.
https://www.cdc.gov/niosh/npptl/respira ... ed-508.pdf

Probably this is the reason they are on the list of Canadian respirators recall.
https://healthycanadians.gc.ca/recall-a ... 7a-eng.php

I ordered for me directly from South Korea soomlab-korea.com which is the primary sales company and it took 3-4 days with DHL. I have no idea if airqueen.ca is an authorized dealer and sell a legit product or not, I've heard that are also fakes selling on the Internet.

If you use an extender, you can improve the seal, and definitely are better than a surgical mask. They are convenient because of they are reusable, and the nanofiber material does not lose filtration capability after disinfecting with alcohol.

https://pubs.acs.org/doi/10.1021/acsanm.0c01562

Also I do not need extra care in handling and storing them (like you do when reusing an expensive N95 to avoid contamination).
Mar 27, 2009
156 posts
30 upvotes
Hamilton
blueraindrop wrote: Actually, not all tested 90%.

The maximum and minimum filter efficiency was 97.05% and 90.12%, respectively. Four respirators measured more than 95%. Six respirators measured less than 95%.
https://www.cdc.gov/niosh/npptl/respira ... ed-508.pdf

Probably this is the reason they are on the list of Canadian respirators recall.
https://healthycanadians.gc.ca/recall-a ... 7a-eng.php

I ordered for me directly from South Korea soomlab-korea.com which is the primary sales company and it took 3-4 days with DHL. I have no idea if airqueen.ca is an authorized dealer and sell a legit product or not, I've heard that are also fakes selling on the Internet.

If you use an extender, you can improve the seal, and definitely are better than a surgical mask. They are convenient because of they are reusable, and the nanofiber material does not lose filtration capability after disinfecting with alcohol.

https://pubs.acs.org/doi/10.1021/acsanm.0c01562

Also I do not need extra care in handling and storing them (like you do when reusing an expensive N95 to avoid contamination).
What quantity did you purchase from soomlab-korea.com? How much did you have to pay for brokerage, duty and import charges if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks.
Nov 17, 2018
100 posts
53 upvotes
destiny9 wrote: What quantity did you purchase from soomlab-korea.com? How much did you have to pay for brokerage, duty and import charges if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks.
50 pieces + 2 free samples. I paid back in August, 190.13 CAD + 0 shipping + 37.20 CAD duty&taxes. This mean 227.33 / 52 = 4.37 CAD / pc.
There are also a couple of other websites if you search on Google, where you can buy smaller quantities, but I do not know how authentic they are.

Toptec is the name of the company that produces the masks, and here is a list with some distributors that are NOT related with them.
http://www.toptec.co.kr/bbs/board.php?b ... &wr_id=150
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2014
3089 posts
1960 upvotes
Langley
Are these okay for renovations? I'm running low on N95 masks and I don't know where to get them?
I'm installing insulation in a couple weeks and would like to have some extra handy.
Nov 17, 2018
100 posts
53 upvotes
jellytime wrote: Are these okay for renovations? I'm running low on N95 masks and I don't know where to get them?
I'm installing insulation in a couple weeks and would like to have some extra handy.
I believe that in your case, you should take in consideration the fact that the mask material become loaded with dust. It is not the same scenario like shopping at the mall or taking public transit.
Probably a N95 elastomeric reusable respirator is a much cheaper solution.

I purchased one for myself back in April, but haven't use it yet. I chose this specific model (6500 QL series) for the quick release feature in case you want to drink water, coffee etc
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2014
3089 posts
1960 upvotes
Langley
blueraindrop wrote: I believe that in your case, you should take in consideration the fact that the mask material become loaded with dust. It is not the same scenario like shopping at the mall or taking public transit.
Probably a N95 elastomeric reusable respirator is a much cheaper solution.

I purchased one for myself back in April, but haven't use it yet. I chose this specific model (6500 QL series) for the quick release feature in case you want to drink water, coffee etc
Where did you purchase this from?
Aug 9, 2013
219 posts
142 upvotes
Mississauga
As someone who bought a lot of masks over many years...beware of cheap junk. We actually tested masks to see how they caught ultrafine particles and SOME Chinese masks failed miserably. So we mostly stuck with 3M and tried to get the best deal possible.

Sometimes the Chinese masks were a third of the price and our people would never know....but i did and no way I was going to compromise our people health for a buck or two.

The other annoying thing was that price did not play a roll. Some of the cheaper chinese masks were just as good as 3M. So we would buy a few boxes test them...then buy 10,000-20,000 of them. Would you believe I have bought n95 with exhalers for 25 cents!! This is about 5 years ago.

So...just beware.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2002
3398 posts
2091 upvotes
Vancouver
Spartan2013 wrote: The other annoying thing was that price did not play a roll. Some of the cheaper chinese masks were just as good as 3M. So we would buy a few boxes test them...then buy 10,000-20,000 of them. Would you believe I have bought n95 with exhalers for 25 cents!! This is about 5 years ago.
I wouldn't be surprised - back then if respirators were close to the "expiry" date, they were discounted heavily. Our facility regularly handed out boxes of short dated 3M for staff to take home. Maybe 1 respirator in a box of 20, the strap would snap if worn more than a couple times. And that was deemed unacceptable. Not sure those days will ever return.
Oct 21, 2011
31 posts
15 upvotes
Toronto
Spartan2013 wrote: As someone who bought a lot of masks over many years...beware of cheap junk. We actually tested masks to see how they caught ultrafine particles and SOME Chinese masks failed miserably. So we mostly stuck with 3M and tried to get the best deal possible.

Sometimes the Chinese masks were a third of the price and our people would never know....but i did and no way I was going to compromise our people health for a buck or two.

The other annoying thing was that price did not play a roll. Some of the cheaper chinese masks were just as good as 3M. So we would buy a few boxes test them...then buy 10,000-20,000 of them. Would you believe I have bought n95 with exhalers for 25 cents!! This is about 5 years ago.

So...just beware.
The manufacturer credential is more important than price. Many of the Chinese manufacturers that were making protective equipment before the pandemic are usually selling their masks at a cheaper price. The reason is that they did not have to buy new machinery equipment as well as building a new supply chain for their products. Whereas many new pop up shops producing masks just for the pandemic have to acquire new machines to produce, hence they have to account for their depreciation costs, costing a higher price than the historical manufacturers. That also got into a problem that the new pop up shops may not have the trained staff and the same quality control as the old ones.
Sep 16, 2019
816 posts
906 upvotes
MooseV2 wrote: I can’t believe people have made it this far into the pandemic without reusable masks
Hehe, I always think to myself; how much money are people spending on masks? i havent spent a single penny yet i am in the same spot as them, or even better (no COVID). I truly wonder how many people have actually been protected by masks, and how many have worn them in vain for months.
Jul 6, 2008
420 posts
63 upvotes
Montreal
Parrajara wrote: Hehe, I always think to myself; how much money are people spending on masks? i havent spent a single penny yet i am in the same spot as them, or even better (no COVID). I truly wonder how many people have actually been protected by masks, and how many have worn them in vain for months.
Because you're not working in a at-risk place with lots of external interaction?
Nov 13, 2010
90 posts
100 upvotes
Toronto
Parrajara wrote: Hehe, I always think to myself; how much money are people spending on masks? i havent spent a single penny yet i am in the same spot as them, or even better (no COVID). I truly wonder how many people have actually been protected by masks, and how many have worn them in vain for months.
I can only speak anecdotally; my wife had a direct exposure at work (nurse) to an asymptomatic patient who had not yet been tested (early on). She was masked he was not. She spoke to him on and off throughout the day. Neither she nor the nurse that was assigned directly to his care were infected. She was wearing a standard hospital surgical mask.

While they do not ALWAYS work, they do work sometimes (they MUST have for my wife), and recent research shows that the amount of viral load you receive when you get infected is tied to the severity of the disease. It is reasonable to assume that masks reduce some of that viral load given they catch some of the particles.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)