Nov 12, 2019
182 posts
188 upvotes

[Newegg] $42 - ($13 after coupon) GAMDIAS Headset/USB

$12.99 after $30.00 rebate
GAMDIAS Hephaestus P1 USB Connector Circumaural Headset

Not sure about the quality of the headset or "luck" getting the rebate

https://www.newegg.ca/gamdias-p1/p/N82E ... 6826374049
new motto: Diversity is a great thing; but unity, unity, unity is Canada’s strength
by Rex Murphy
6 replies
May 2, 2019
160 posts
690 upvotes
Canada
I did a rebate with Gamdias at CC for a wired mouse. Process was simple enough - buy the product, fill out the form, submit the form and finally mail the UPC to their HQ. Took a couple weeks and you can track status on their website.

They recommend “tracked mail” but AFAIK no one pays for that and we’ve all gotten it.
Temporel wrote: Just think how addictive this site is, how many times a day you check RFD and for how many years you've been doing that.
Dec 23, 2010
297 posts
422 upvotes
Toronto
I also received my rebate from them when I bought one of their products. I got a keyboard, mouse, headset combo from them for $20 after rebate ($50 pre rebate).
Last edited by thegraduate112 on Jan 29th, 2020 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Banned
Nov 12, 2019
182 posts
188 upvotes
⬆️ so maybe I try it - $17.50 with tax for ON is not bad
new motto: Diversity is a great thing; but unity, unity, unity is Canada’s strength
by Rex Murphy
Apr 24, 2013
65 posts
63 upvotes
Their Eggxpert review is pretty bad

Pros: Nice braided USB cable w/ Velcro for wire management

Cons: > Headphones don't fit and will just fall off your head (size adjustment doesn't stay, no left/right/up/down movement)
> Force feedback is barely noticeable at full volume
> Unnecessarily extremely large control too close to headphones and gets in the way constantly
> Sound is extremely "tinny" like it's coming from a speaker in a coffee can
> You can buy a pair of $1 headphones at the dollar store that sound better than these
>Website is terrible
-Primary download link doesn't work, secondary download link is outdated and software is broken, full install defaults to c:\hrea
-Portable version of software doesn't work, software from the first download link crashes, 2nd link opens but is just as broken as the install
-Drivers from primary link don't have a clear installation method, and trying to "wing-it" didn't work. secondary link for drivers link to portable version
> Since there's no working software, RGB isn't configurable & virtual surround does not work. low end leaves a lot to be desired.

Overall Review: These are the worst headphones I've ever had in my life. They're uncomfortable, the little bit of adjustment they have doesn't work, the sound is terrible, and comparing them to $1 dollar-store headphones is an insult to dollar store headphones.

I'd give them away, but then I'd have to deal with someone complaining to me about how terrible these things are.
Nov 18, 2019
21 posts
45 upvotes
Update: Its dropped to $40 now which mean $10 after rebate. I got a set and I think they sound good for $10, lol.
Jan 13, 2020
72 posts
90 upvotes
Has anyone got this rebate in the mail yet? I mailed in the required info within the required timeline after purchase. It's been a month now and when I check my confirmation page it shows the document received date as N/A. Without the rebate this is a pretty shit deal for a wired headset.