Expired Hot Deals

[Newegg] $64.99 ASRock B450M-HDV R4.0 AM4 AMD Promontory B450 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard After $25 Rebate

[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 30, 2004
4293 posts
636 upvotes
Toronto

[Newegg] $64.99 ASRock B450M-HDV R4.0 AM4 AMD Promontory B450 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard After $25 Rebate

Budget B450 motherboard

AMD Promontory B450
Ryzen Series
AMD Ryzen series CPUs (Pinnacle Ridge) support DDR4 3200+(OC)/ 2933(OC)/ 2667/ 2400/ 2133 ECC & non-ECC, un-buffered memory
AMD Ryzen series CPUs (Summit Ridge) support DDR4 3200+(OC)/ 2933(OC)/ 2667/ 2400/ 2133 ECC & non-ECC, un-buffered memory
AMD Ryzen series CPUs (Raven Ridge) support DDR4 3200+(OC)/ 2933/ 2667/ 2400/ 2133 non-ECC, un-buffered memory
Last edited by rui on Aug 15th, 2019 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Heatware

Go Portugal Go
50 replies
Jr. Member
Oct 13, 2018
127 posts
123 upvotes
Quite warm.... the VRM isn't good enough to have a long upgrade path, either....
Sr. Member
Nov 15, 2013
705 posts
274 upvotes
Toronto
AsRock MIR... might as well put $25 into the lottery
Ju Leon...
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 30, 2004
4293 posts
636 upvotes
Toronto
TheLumina wrote: AsRock MIR... might as well put $25 into the lottery
I will buy lottery tomorrow, then make decision, I lost $50 on AsRock MIR on its ASRock X370 MB, it was my fault, did not fill out the form on time, it is the first time I realized that I need to register for rebate in 10 days after purchase to eligble the MIR. I was sweared not buying any AsRock products since then, so I think that I'm going to keep my words.
Heatware

Go Portugal Go
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 13, 2007
2875 posts
3704 upvotes
Calgary
Good basic board if you're building something like a simple office machine paired with a 2200G. If you're looking for a more robust mobo, take a look at the Steel Legend. Probably my new favorite budget board for what you get with it.
Last edited by ZipSpeed on Aug 15th, 2019 9:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 2, 2004
1149 posts
993 upvotes
I'd say great for Media PC when bundled with Ryzen 3 2200g @ $115 + $65 MB - can play back 4k with the HDMI 2.0 ...

that's all I'd use it for ... entry level stuff ...
Sr. Member
Nov 15, 2013
705 posts
274 upvotes
Toronto
rui wrote: I will buy lottery tomorrow, then make decision, I lost $50 on AsRock MIR on its ASRock X370 MB, it was my fault, did not fill out the form on time, it is the first time I realized that I need to register for rebate in 10 days after purchase to eligble the MIR. I was sweared not buying any AsRock products since then, so I think that I'm going to keep my words.
You should also make sure the post office post marks it. You can request them to do this because if you don't, the worker usually just tosses the letter into the box. If you ask, they'll get a stamp and stamp the date on the letter so AsRock can't make up BS and say they don't know when the letter was mailed.
Ju Leon...
Sr. Member
May 23, 2008
955 posts
567 upvotes
Gtown ON
Decisions... I want to upgrade my 4690K to an R5 3600, but found myself a bit strapped for cash at the moment. I was thinking of getting a CPU now with a cheap B450 board, and upgrade to an X570 around Black Friday...
This board is $89.99 + $3.99 = 93.98 * 1.13 = $106.20 - $25 Asrock lottery = $81.20 in Ontario
Not bad, but I have 2x 1 TB SSDs, cannot use both in this because only one full PCI Express slot, which will be used by the graphics card, and so the M2 to PCI Express adapter that I got has no home on this board.
Canada Computers had the ASRock Fatal1ty B450 GAMING K4 (full ATX) for a similar price about a week ago, but it went out of stock pretty fast.

Another option I have is the same ASRock Fatal1ty B450 GAMING K4 for $119.99 + $0 shipping = 119.99 * 1.13 = $135.59 - $30 Asrock lottery = $105.59, $25 = 30% more, but at least I can use all my drives...
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2012
1274 posts
3121 upvotes
MIR is a b. Spent almost a month back and forth with the MIR department for a 25 dollar MIR. Not worth the hassle.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Oct 2, 2011
981 posts
306 upvotes
Edmonton
Promontory means a high piece of land that juts out into a body of water. Weird flex but okay, ASRock.
Deal Expert
User avatar
May 8, 2009
49713 posts
6021 upvotes
Toronto
Freebush wrote: MIR is a b. Spent almost a month back and forth with the MIR department for a 25 dollar MIR. Not worth the hassle.
I despise MIR.. I wonder how much tracking would cost for a letter, that way it doesnt "get lost" as I recently bought a asrock mb.

The mailing address is only 10 mins away for me lol.

Does anyone know if I'm sending a letter from Markham to Markham that it would go to Mississauga sort facility first?
Sr. Member
Nov 15, 2013
705 posts
274 upvotes
Toronto
Jimboski wrote: I despise MIR.. I wonder how much tracking would cost for a letter, that way it doesnt "get lost" as I recently bought a asrock mb.

The mailing address is only 10 mins away for me lol.

Does anyone know if I'm sending a letter from Markham to Markham that it would go to Mississauga sort facility first?
Pretty sure it would go to Sauga first since they're all thrown into a general collection bin. I would literally go to AsRock's mailing address and hand it to them if they allowed me to... worst company to MIR
Ju Leon...
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
27844 posts
13442 upvotes
lincoln wrote: Ouch, only two ram slots. Not good.
redflagdealsguy wrote: 2 RAM slots and MIRs.

Painful.
MIR I will give @redflagdealsguy
However why is 2 RAM slots on a $90 board a bad thing?
16GB sticks exist so you could potentially have 32GB of RAM on this thing which is arguably enough for everyone that spends $90 on a board.

If this was back in the LGA775 or DDR2 days where 4GB sticks were the norm, I would 100% agree.
But I can't see why 99.9% of people would need more than 32GB of RAM.

Side note: I bought a Steel Legend for 4 RAM slots because I plan on using 64GB, but not everyone has literally 500 tabs open in Chrome.
I'm the 0.1%. Everyone else though? 32GB should be LOTS.
Deal Expert
User avatar
May 8, 2009
49713 posts
6021 upvotes
Toronto
TheLumina wrote: Pretty sure it would go to Sauga first since they're all thrown into a general collection bin. I would literally go to AsRock's mailing address and hand it to them if they allowed me to... worst company to MIR
It's a PO box, dont think they allow drop offs unfortunately.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2012
1274 posts
3121 upvotes
Jimboski wrote: I despise MIR.. I wonder how much tracking would cost for a letter, that way it doesnt "get lost" as I recently bought a asrock mb.

The mailing address is only 10 mins away for me lol.

Does anyone know if I'm sending a letter from Markham to Markham that it would go to Mississauga sort facility first?
It is most likely a PO Box. Man.. I spent too much time on that rebate.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 13, 2007
2875 posts
3704 upvotes
Calgary
wetcardboard wrote: Promontory means a high piece of land that juts out into a body of water. Weird flex but okay, ASRock.
Remember when Asus had this slogan on their products? I think something was lost in the translation.

Image

Top