Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Newegg

Acer XG270HU Red 27" 1ms 144HZ WQHD 2K 2560x1440 with G-SYNC Compatible, Gaming LCD Monitor w/ Built-in Speakers $449.99

Banned
Nov 14, 2013
1701 posts
767 upvotes
Moncton
redflagdealsguy wrote: It's definitely me taking one side of the equation, vibrancy / color fidelity over responsiveness. Apples to apples, the responsive of 144Hz TN beats 144Hz IPS, even when they seem to claim the same latencies... IPS has more ghosting.

In a characteristically even-handed assessment, you've pointed to both sides of the equation here. I can't fault you for that.
Unless you stare at static images most of the time, the way things look in motion is quite important to overall quality. I like being able to read things clearly while I’m scrolling.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27158 posts
37133 upvotes
KevinC268 wrote: Unless you stare at static images most of the time, the way things look in motion is quite important to overall quality. I like being able to read things clearly while I’m scrolling.
As I refine my taste in monitors, I may feel the same way in the future.
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.
Banned
Nov 14, 2013
1701 posts
767 upvotes
Moncton
redflagdealsguy wrote: As I refine my taste in monitors, I may feel the same way in the future.
In the future I suspect we won’t really have to sacrifice anything anymore. I’m only now starting to enjoy any sort of lcd screen after years of wishing plasma TVs and crt monitors were still being made.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2003
3101 posts
3349 upvotes
vane4665 wrote: A TN panel is worth nowhere close to that price.
and yet the market has supported this price and higher for years since the acer swift first came out
vane4665 wrote: Sure. The image quality sucks.
the image quality of this panel is excellent except for one thing: viewing angles. you can see the look of the monitor shift in the corners. that's why TN panels aren't used in bigger screens, not because of how the panel looks under synthetic testing (which is fine)
Banned
Nov 14, 2013
1701 posts
767 upvotes
Moncton
Loomy wrote: and yet the market has supported this price and higher for years since the acer swift first came out

the image quality of this panel is excellent except for one thing: viewing angles. you can see the look of the monitor shift in the corners. that's why TN panels aren't used in bigger screens, not because of how the panel looks under synthetic testing (which is fine)
Exactly, tn would suck for a tv.