Expired Hot Deals

[Newegg] Anne Pro 2 60% Mechanical Keyboard Wired/Wireless Dual Mode Full RGB Double Shot PBT - Cherry MX Brown $106.88

[OP]
Oct 14, 2019
159 posts
135 upvotes
tbh i was letting this thread die. it's really not a hot deal.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2017
1493 posts
2884 upvotes
Jimboski wrote: I bought a hotswap keyboard because i can never settle with 1 switch lol. Have gone from black -> red -> blue -> soon to be brown.. All on different keyboards, might as well get a hotswap so i can just buy the switches individually and use the same keyboard. Too bad it's sitting in customs for a few days now lol. I can desolder my old switches from previous keyboard and re-use them right? I know there are 5 and 3 pin switches, if it's 5 pin i'd just need to snip the 2 side pins..
I feel you, I probably should have bought a hot swap keyboard earlier on because I basically just buy a new keyboard when I want to try new switches or a different layout. Including my model Ms and F I have like 10 mech keyboards lol.

You can desoldier when you want to replace switches but I find it’s a pain in the ass and not worth the time or risk damaging the board (my soldering skills suck lol). Alternatively if you are building a keyboard you could get the little sockets that turn your soldierable PCB into a hot-swappable one.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2016
1395 posts
948 upvotes
Toronto
kimwoobingsu wrote: It was a cheap Chinese DM87 that I used to practice soldering before I built a slightly more expensive split ergo keyboard. I am still pretty new to customs, probably looking at getting an endgame board sometime down the road. Hoping to score some ZealPC (zealios v2) switches during Black Friday.
where do you buy switches?

Jimboski wrote: I bought a hotswap keyboard because i can never settle with 1 switch lol. Have gone from black -> red -> blue -> soon to be brown.. All on different keyboards, might as well get a hotswap so i can just buy the switches individually and use the same keyboard. Too bad it's sitting in customs for a few days now lol. I can desolder my old switches from previous keyboard and re-use them right? I know there are 5 and 3 pin switches, if it's 5 pin i'd just need to snip the 2 side pins..
I got a GMMK exactly for that, more like a "testing board" ; I keep it on the office tho, as haven't been buying much switches since the first batch from novelkeys
huuuu! (¬'-')¬ C-('-'Q) straight!
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
47379 posts
5305 upvotes
Toronto
kimwoobingsu wrote: I feel you, I probably should have bought a hot swap keyboard earlier on because I basically just buy a new keyboard when I want to try new switches or a different layout. Including my model Ms and F I have like 10 mech keyboards lol.

You can desoldier when you want to replace switches but I find it’s a pain in the ass and not worth the time or risk damaging the board (my soldering skills suck lol). Alternatively if you are building a keyboard you could get the little sockets that turn your soldierable PCB into a hot-swappable one.
Yeah me too, i bought three boards for three different switches lol.
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
47379 posts
5305 upvotes
Toronto
neonic wrote: where do you buy switches?

I got a GMMK exactly for that, more like a "testing board" ; I keep it on the office tho, as haven't been buying much switches since the first batch from novelkeys
I think it's zealpc.net

There's a 15% off Black Friday promo. About $12 USD for 10 switches though, baller status..
Aug 17, 2012
359 posts
225 upvotes
COQUITLAM
Jimboski wrote: I think it's zealpc.net

There's a 15% off Black Friday promo. About $12 USD for 10 switches though, baller status..
I haven't used them, but I hear that Zealios switches are really good, especially their browns.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2016
1395 posts
948 upvotes
Toronto
Jimboski wrote: I think it's zealpc.net

ouch. yeah gonna stay away from those then haha. for this kind of money I should probably get a better board first.
huuuu! (¬'-')¬ C-('-'Q) straight!
Jul 22, 2010
332 posts
16 upvotes
Markham
Need some recommendation, what is better the Corsair K68 or Razer Blackwidow Chroma V2. Regardless of price..
Dec 9, 2018
11 posts
5 upvotes
Which are better than cherry

Aka no a single reason to pay more for cherry switches