Expired Hot Deals

[Newegg] ASRock B450M PRO4-F AM4 mATX motherboard $75 ($100-$25MIR), free shipping

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 14th, 2020 3:11 pm
[OP]
Member
User avatar
May 3, 2003
392 posts
47 upvotes
Toronto

[Newegg] ASRock B450M PRO4-F AM4 mATX motherboard $75 ($100-$25MIR), free shipping

I bought this a couple of months ago when the MIR was only $20 (still waiting for my cheque).

Came Ryzen 3000-compatible out of the box and had no trouble running my DDR4 at 3200Mhz as per XMP asynchronous to FSB.
13 replies
Deal Expert
User avatar
Dec 19, 2001
30963 posts
1777 upvotes
Fernando Poo
It's $100. Good luck with a Asrock rebate, this forum is full of stories about those.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2005
2205 posts
307 upvotes
If wanted to use a 3600 or 3300 in this am I going to run into the problem I'll need another and processor to update the bios first?
Newbie
May 28, 2020
34 posts
29 upvotes
I purchased the Asrock Phantom 4 X570 earlier this year and though it took some time I did receive the 30$ MiR.

Can't say it was fast but it was relatively painless.
Member
User avatar
Jan 26, 2009
346 posts
150 upvotes
Niagara Region
bellboy26 wrote: If wanted to use a 3600 or 3300 in this am I going to run into the problem I'll need another and processor to update the bios first?
I think these are updated, just did a build 2 weeks ago with a 3100 and ASRock B450M-HDV R4.0 AM4. No updates needed. Good deal for the pro4 version
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 28, 2008
3351 posts
5022 upvotes
Langley, BC
hagbard wrote: It's $100. Good luck with a Asrock rebate, this forum is full of stories about those.
The issue is not with the asrock MIR, it’s with the person submitting it.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Dec 19, 2001
30963 posts
1777 upvotes
Fernando Poo
steven80 wrote: The issue is not with the asrock MIR, it’s with the person submitting it.
This is what I mostly hear. Person buys the MB from Newegg, they issue the receipt, you have ten days from the issuing of the receipt to submit the rebate, they ship it on the 9th day or later, you submit the rebate, it gets rejected. It's sort of a joint scam by Asrock and Newegg. I just never consider Asrock because of engaging in scams like this. Can't tell you if the people who report this are telling the truth or not, but I'm guessing they are given how rebates are set up and how numerous the complaints are.
Member
Dec 29, 2004
397 posts
500 upvotes
hagbard wrote: It's $100. Good luck with a Asrock rebate, this forum is full of stories about those.
I've bought three B450 Pro4s (ATX and mATX) over the past 18 months and have received all of the rebates. Also MIRs for a couple of ASRock video cards.

Getting them in on time was a bit of a challenge, and it does take months to get the rebate cheque, but I did get all of them.
Deal Addict
Dec 2, 2004
1017 posts
823 upvotes
bellboy26 wrote: If wanted to use a 3600 or 3300 in this am I going to run into the problem I'll need another and processor to update the bios first?
Should be fine with either of these CPUs, but 3300x nowhere in-stock ... good match for 3100 though, but a bit weak on performance which may make you want to upgrade faster...
Sr. Member
User avatar
Jul 7, 2005
575 posts
150 upvotes
This happened to me with a Corsair psu rebate....also bought from Newegg, the rebate window is very limited and a few months later there will be another rebate.

At least this is what I've seen when shopping for PSU at the time.
hagbard wrote: This is what I mostly hear. Person buys the MB from Newegg, they issue the receipt, you have ten days from the issuing of the receipt to submit the rebate, they ship it on the 9th day or later, you submit the rebate, it gets rejected. It's sort of a joint scam by Asrock and Newegg. I just never consider Asrock because of engaging in scams like this. Can't tell you if the people who report this are telling the truth or not, but I'm guessing they are given how rebates are set up and how numerous the complaints are.
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2002
1054 posts
135 upvotes
this board says it only officially supports up to 3200mhz memory... so if i buy 3600mhz memory it wont work?
Newbie
Aug 20, 2018
5 posts
hagbard wrote: It's $100. Good luck with a Asrock rebate, this forum is full of stories about those.
I've bought at least 3 Asrock MBs and never had issue with getting rebates. It does take very long but never got declined on any of those.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 22, 2012
4105 posts
3568 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Another "positive" DP here, submitted 3 MIRs to AsRock in the last year, haven't had a problem yet.
[OP]
Member
User avatar
May 3, 2003
392 posts
47 upvotes
Toronto
hagbard wrote: This is what I mostly hear. Person buys the MB from Newegg, they issue the receipt, you have ten days from the issuing of the receipt to submit the rebate, they ship it on the 9th day or later, you submit the rebate, it gets rejected. It's sort of a joint scam by Asrock and Newegg. I just never consider Asrock because of engaging in scams like this. Can't tell you if the people who report this are telling the truth or not, but I'm guessing they are given how rebates are set up and how numerous the complaints are.
I am still waiting for my MIR cheque (although online shows it as approved and sent out 12/31/2020) but I almost goofed with the 10-day window too. When you're waiting to receive the package, in particular, that window to postmark your MIR submission gets really tight.

Top