Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Newegg

ASRock Phantom Gaming D Radeon RX 6500 XT 4GB GDDR6 PCI Express 4.0 Video Card ($229.99) $189.99 AR

Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2005
1014 posts
375 upvotes
Toronto

[Newegg] ASRock Phantom Gaming D Radeon RX 6500 XT 4GB GDDR6 PCI Express 4.0 Video Card ($229.99) $189.99 AR

Newegg has this card for sale at $229.99 w/ FS

There's also a rebate currently on this card for $40 bringing the price down to $189.99
33 replies
Deal Fanatic
Dec 15, 2004
6654 posts
1455 upvotes
didn't know Asrock was into graphics card too
looks like a good price here hopefully a trend that the prices will go down for other models as well.
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2014
1485 posts
3242 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON

This card has been consistently rated as the worst card of this generation. Search on YouTube for 6500 XT and every major PC channel suggests this is a BAD product.

If you insist on buying, well, be advised.
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2005
1014 posts
375 upvotes
Toronto
mediumsteak wrote: This card has been consistently rated as the worst card of this generation. Search on YouTube for 6500 XT and every major PC channel suggests this is a BAD product.

If you insist on buying, well, be advised.
Do you have any other suggestions for a better card in this same price range?

I'm still running a Radeon HD 6850
Last edited by ReFuGeE on Jul 6th, 2022 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feb 24, 2021
56 posts
60 upvotes
this is worth max $25, dont waste your money.
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2008
3322 posts
328 upvotes
I'm not too familiar with GPU benchmarks. I'm curious what bad means in this context?
Does this satisfy some gaming use cases (e.g. a typical 1080p 30fps setup)?

What if your budget was about $250 capped; would this be a good option? Or are there literally none?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 4, 2011
5820 posts
3846 upvotes
West Vancouver
Good ol MIR scam.

Avoid.
Jul 21, 2021
903 posts
3879 upvotes
ReFuGeE wrote: Do you have any other suggestions for a better card in this same price range?

I'm still using a Radeom HD 6850 as well Grinning FaceFace Screaming In FearThumbs Up Sign
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2014
1485 posts
3242 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
ReFuGeE wrote: Do you have any other suggestions for a better card in this same price range?

You make a good point, there are hardly better alternatives for this price range. Changing my down vote to an upvote. Good luck with the MIR though
Nov 7, 2006
28 posts
70 upvotes
Keep holding our. Prices are dropping every month it seems.
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2007
1764 posts
1015 upvotes

Anything is better than what you have.....so yes this is a good option
Cool Beans
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2008
4018 posts
2516 upvotes
Halifax
The Radeon RX 6500 XT gets trashed because it is not much better than a 5 year old card. It is a good card because it is cheaper than a 5 year old card. If you need to play video games, this will do the job, just not at the best settings. And it is available.
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2008
3322 posts
328 upvotes
Asrock MIRs can be successful (I got $40 back on a MB), but keep in mind the window to postmark your letter is as little as 10 days from invoice (so shipping could eat into your window).
Make sure you grab the MIR form before it the offer window expires as well.
Sometimes it can be replaced by a similar/same offer with a different window which won't be valid.
Oct 13, 2018
265 posts
311 upvotes
5dark wrote: I'm not too familiar with GPU benchmarks. I'm curious what bad means in this context?

What if your budget was about $250 capped; would this be a good option? Or are there literally none?
This will do 1080p 60, even 144 for esports titles fine. People trash on it because it's the same speed as a 5 year old card at the same price, but there is literally nothing else available new.
Mar 28, 2019
38 posts
72 upvotes
mediumsteak wrote: This card has been consistently rated as the worst card of this generation.
That was before Nvidia released the GTX 1630, which makes the RX 6500 XT look like a real winner in comparison.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2017
1971 posts
2109 upvotes
Moncton
bridonca wrote: The Radeon RX 6500 XT gets trashed because it is not much better than a 5 year old card. It is a good card because it is cheaper than a 5 year old card. If you need to play video games, this will do the job, just not at the best settings. And it is available.
Not really.... it gets trashed because it performs especially poorly if it's not paired with a PCIe 4 capable motherboard, thus is not suitable for the market it's targeting. (Folks with older PCs looking for a budget upgrade).

I'm not a fan of recommending folks buy cards that have been mined on, but now that miners' resale expectations are starting to become reasonable I'd tend to suggest folks look at the used market rather that buy this model card.
Koodo 33GB UL T&T @ $48 (waiting on my tab to switch to a better/cheaper plan)
Deal Guru
Mar 5, 2007
10207 posts
11269 upvotes

Get a 1650, price is similar, will likely drop but if you need a card right now...
Deal Guru
Mar 5, 2007
10207 posts
11269 upvotes
rambo13 wrote: this is worth max $25, dont waste your money.
Oh please, it's nowhere near that bad.

The biggest issue with this card is it's performance tanks in a PCIE3.0 slot.

If you have PCIE 4.0 then it's performance isn't that bad, it's still more pricey than it should be, but that's the way the market is today.

If you can wait a few months you'll probably be able to pick up a 2060 for this price, which would be far more performant.
Deal Guru
Mar 5, 2007
10207 posts
11269 upvotes
5dark wrote: I'm not too familiar with GPU benchmarks. I'm curious what bad means in this context?

Unfortunately you've entered the world of gamers, where hyperbole seems to be a requirement.

For $250 there are a few options. If you are against used, then the 1650 can be had right now for about $200. It's 'overpriced' compared to it's original price, but for today's market it's decent. It'll do 30fps easily @1080p in almost any game you throw at it, although you might have to pull back a couple settings on some games. I'm running a PCIE port powered 1650 (no GPU power header in my machine) and it works great @1080p for the games I've been playing.

If you're willing to go used the miners are dumping their cards right now, if you are quick you'll be able to pick up something like a 2060 for a little more than that price. Given, it's a miner card, and some in the community will blast you saying the card is obviously near death, but that's not usually true. It is a risk though, you might end up with a card that dies in a week, but unlikely.

This card isn't as horrible as many are saying, but it is overpriced for the performance, especially if your system doesn't have a PCIE gen4 slot.