Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Newegg

AsRock RX5700 - $389 - Newegg

• Last Updated:
  • May 21st, 2020 5:54 pm
Tags:
Nov 18, 2007
592 posts
644 upvotes
Markham

[Newegg] AsRock RX5700 - $389 - Newegg

Saw this on Newegg site

ASRock Radeon RX 5700 DirectX 12 RX 5700 8G 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6 PCI Express 4.0 x1 for $389.

Newegg site - LINK - back in stock
Last edited by puttar on Mar 30th, 2020 12:56 am, edited 4 times in total.
16 replies
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
39343 posts
6342 upvotes
Winnipeg
chadw01 wrote: can this be flashed to XT bios?

blower - AMD is moving away from them in the next gen cards:

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/71083/am ... index.html
I'm surprised they waited till next gen to ditch blower, nvidia already ditched it awhile ago. Is the blower design cheaper or something? Why do OEM insists on it so much? I hate blower with a passion.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2006
5744 posts
5510 upvotes
Toronto
divx wrote: I'm surprised they waited till next gen to ditch blower, nvidia already ditched it awhile ago. Is the blower design cheaper or something? Why do OEM insists on it so much? I hate blower with a passion.
I imagine the blower design was tailored more for mini-ITX or multi-GPU setups where there is not much room for air to blow around the case, so it made more sense to blow it all out through the back of the card. One fan doing all the work would undoubtedly be loud, which is typically what you hear from owners with blowers, along with insufficient heat dissipation compared to axial designs.
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
39343 posts
6342 upvotes
Winnipeg
chadw01 wrote: I imagine the blower design was tailored more for mini-ITX or multi-GPU setups where there is not much room for air to blow around the case, so it made more sense to blow it all out through the back of the card. One fan doing all the work would undoubtedly be loud, which is typically what you hear from owners with blowers, along with insufficient heat dissipation compared to axial designs.
Took them years to get the message, people don't want blowers.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2007
1770 posts
673 upvotes
Bedford
Sold out now. Just as well. I was very tempted.
Nov 18, 2007
592 posts
644 upvotes
Markham
Back in stock @ Newegg site
Dec 10, 2005
694 posts
316 upvotes
I have a Asus 5700 reference - flashed to 50th Anniversary bios, undervolted, overclocked, did the washer mod, removed the IO bracket for better airflow and quieter operation and adjusted the fan profile.

It easily beats a 5700XT, super happy with the card.

Also, the reference cards have by far the best VRM and clock the memory the best.

https://www.3dmark.com/spy/10914769
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2008
4285 posts
2286 upvotes
BC
vortex240 wrote: I have a Asus 5700 reference - flashed to 50th Anniversary bios, undervolted, overclocked, did the washer mod, removed the IO bracket for better airflow and quieter operation and adjusted the fan profile.

It easily beats a 5700XT, super happy with the card.

Also, the reference cards have by far the best VRM and clock the memory the best.

https://www.3dmark.com/spy/10914769
Was it simple to remove the bracket? Also that's the first time I've heard that ref cards have the best anything so that's cool.
Dec 10, 2005
694 posts
316 upvotes
Feegus wrote: Was it simple to remove the bracket? Also that's the first time I've heard that ref cards have the best anything so that's cool.
Takes less than a minute, no need to remove the cooler either.

Yes AMD went ballz out on the reference VRM - there is a Gamers Nexus analysis of it, only the Asus Strix and Powercolor Red Devil models just about to match it on the design.
Last edited by vortex240 on Mar 19th, 2020 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 13, 2007
186 posts
36 upvotes
If someone missed this sale, and the later sale of a much better non-blower card for $440, prices are going up. If anyone looking to buy ASRock 5700 Challenger off me - let me know. It's a good card, overclocks well, but after a lot of testing I can't make it work with X-Plane and Oculus Rift VR, which is what I bought it for. It works perfectly with other VR games (Half-Life Alyx, Lone Echo etc.) and regular games and it's a superb value for money. But X-Plane makes Oculus disconnect intermittently bacause of drivers that are not compatible with X-Plane VR. This is only in X-Plane 11.50beta9 + VR. So, I'm sure someone has missed the sale and still wants this card. I'm located in Oakville, you can pick it up. Shipping can be discussed. I already applied for $20 rebate, so I'm selling for $30 less than original "on sale" price: $440 - $20 (claimed rebate) + HST (and not adding $8 shipping fee I paid) = $474 . I have original gift 2 games code unclamed as well, so will pass it on with the card. In original box. This card can be flashed with 5700XT bios to get 5700XT performance.
Roman Lando

web designer, composer, sci-fi author
Roman Design - award-winning Toronto Web Design Studio
My Science Fiction books [FREE promo]: RomanLando.com
My prog rock band: 7times
My Canadian Flight Simulator MSFS2020 Scenery

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)