• Last Updated:
  • Oct 22nd, 2020 11:10 am
[OP]
Jun 1, 2007
421 posts
151 upvotes
Toronto

[Newegg] ASUS AM4 TUF GAMING X570-Plus - $219.00 w/ free shipping

Very solid deal on an excellent X570 motherboard. Very high quality VRMs and temps, at this price it's an excellent option.

There is software that can control the chipset fan, which some people have said can be a bit loud on various X570 motherboards, so that's not too big of a concern.

For those who want B550 I will be posting another great deal on the ASUS B550-A as well at CC.

Happy building,
hv
37 replies
Jun 18, 2017
50 posts
28 upvotes
DO NOT get this board if you are planning to do a new build with zen3, because it does not have bios flashback. Your PC might not be able to boot and you'd have to call up AMD to arrange a loaner CPU for you to update the BIOS, not worth the savings.
Feb 28, 2008
146 posts
47 upvotes
Hamilton
woppaF5 wrote: DO NOT get this board if you are planning to do a new build with zen3, because it does not have bios flashback. Your PC might not be able to boot and you'd have to call up AMD to arrange a loaner CPU for you to update the BIOS, not worth the savings.
Can you please explain what you mean to me like Im a 5 yr old. I bought the Wifi version. What cpus will I not be able to use? Its not future proof?
Jan 5, 2017
17 posts
4 upvotes
Canada
JimmyLeggs wrote: Can you please explain what you mean to me like Im a 5 yr old. I bought the Wifi version. What cpus will I not be able to use? Its not future proof?
AMD released their zen 3 architecture chips, notably any ryzen 5xxx series processors.
It doesn't work with older boards right out of the box, and requires a bios (motherboard firmware) update before it will work with these new chips

In order to do a bios update you need an older non 5xxx series ryzen processor to be put inside, which you can contact AMD for them to loan you one
Its basically a little bit of a pain if you don't already have a non 5xxx series ryzen processor lying around.
Jun 18, 2017
50 posts
28 upvotes
JimmyLeggs wrote: Can you please explain what you mean to me like Im a 5 yr old. I bought the Wifi version. What cpus will I not be able to use? Its not future proof?
Existing B550 and X570 boards will support the new AMD CPUs (zen3 - 5600X 5800X 5900X 5950X) coming out Nov 5, but will need a BIOS update, otherwise you put your build together and your PC won't boot because it doesn't recognize the new CPU. Most boards have a BIOS flashback button for exactly this purposes, where you can update the BIOS with a USB key without a CPU or video card.

In your case, if you already got the X570 TUF Gaming Plus Wifi, one of these will be your scenario (assuming it's a new build):

1. zen2 CPU (3000 series) - no problems
2. zen3 CPU (5000 series) , motherboard BIOS version 2607 out of the box - You are lucky it's got the latest bios that supports zen3.
3. zen3 CPU (5000 series), motherboard BIOS version not 2607 out of the box - you're shit out of luck. Your only option to is contact AMD to loan you an old CPU so you can boot into the BIOS, update it to 2607, then put in your CPU in order to boot, then ship the old loaner CPU back to AMD
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2006
1273 posts
254 upvotes
209$ FS on their eBay site.

That's a good deal.
Apr 30, 2017
33 posts
17 upvotes
Repentigny, QC
I have this board and I love it.
Feb 28, 2008
146 posts
47 upvotes
Hamilton
Thank you for the info. Don't think I'll be going zen3 this year but good to know. I was under the impression x570 chipsets were good with the new CPUs without needing a BIOS update.
Oct 29, 2018
70 posts
67 upvotes
Off topic but looking to do a smaller build, around micro-ATX sized. What motherboard would you recommend? Looking to look out for one as black friday approaches
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2010
2520 posts
908 upvotes
Ottawa
I'm guessing an x570 motherboard might be overkill for somebody that rarely does any gaming or isn't serious about competitive fps gaming?
[OP]
Jun 1, 2007
421 posts
151 upvotes
Toronto
NayonTutu wrote: Off topic but looking to do a smaller build, around micro-ATX sized. What motherboard would you recommend? Looking to look out for one as black friday approaches
One of the only mATX boards I'd recommend is Asus TUF B550M-Plus. It's readily available and has very solid VRMs.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)