Expired Hot Deals

[Newegg] ASUS AM4 TUF GAMING X570-Plus - $219.00 w/ free shipping

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 22nd, 2020 11:10 am
Jan 1, 2014
128 posts
35 upvotes
BRAMPTON / DT
Some stuff to look at if you want to know more about b550 vs x570 here's youtuber JayzTwoCents opinion on it.

If you want to skim through stuff here's Steve's output.

I personally will be getting the x570. Stuck between this board or the x570 Aorus Elite. I'm leaning more towards the elite because of flashback bios capability (I think the elite is a bit more expensive. Here's one reddit post listing the small differences).
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2010
2513 posts
897 upvotes
Ottawa
whizzzkid wrote:
Or get this PMed at Memory Express, they'll do an additional 10% too. They also mount the CPU, RAM and upgrade your BIOS for you, for free. All your concerns can be mitigated then.
How do you get them to do the BIOS upgrade for you? I'm assuming that is only for if you go to the store and buy it in person?

I'm going to be building a completely new build sometime after Zen 3 comes out so I wouldn't even have a chance to test out the MB to make sure it is all working well.
woppaF5 wrote: So that narrowed it down by a lot, as I was basically looking for B550 board with WIFI. Then onto the sales, and CC has the B550 MSI Gaming Edge Wifi on sale $60 off so I went with that. Backordered online, but that's even better as I'm waiting for a RTX 3080 and 5600X.
That MSI is definitely one of the models I've been looking at because it has integrated WiFi6, but man that MSRP of $269 is crazy, its pretty much pushing into the price territory of x570 boards. That's what has got me wasting time between b550 and x570, because I know I don't need that premium chipset, but on the other hand it is just a little bit more.
Aug 21, 2016
306 posts
444 upvotes
Calgary, AB
eugene188 wrote: How do you get them to do the BIOS upgrade for you? I'm assuming that is only for if you go to the store and buy it in person?

I'm going to be building a completely new build sometime after Zen 3 comes out so I wouldn't even have a chance to test out the MB to make sure it is all working well.
Yes it's an instore service, You can place the order online and the PM requests too, but pick it up in store and they will still do the install for you. If you don't plan to use the stock cooler, just let them know and they would not install it. It rules out a lot of potential problems. Plus AMD and bent pins are a thing.

https://www.memoryexpress.com/TechZone/Index.cm.aspx
RFD Effect Is Real
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2010
2513 posts
897 upvotes
Ottawa
whizzzkid wrote: Yes it's an instore service, You can place the order online and the PM requests too, but pick it up in store and they will still do the install for you. If you don't plan to use the stock cooler, just let them know and they would not install it. It rules out a lot of potential problems. Plus AMD and bent pins are a thing.

https://www.memoryexpress.com/TechZone/Index.cm.aspx
Oh i see. Thats interesting. Problem is I'm waiting for Zen 3, so I won't have CPU/MB for them to install.

I guess I need to wait until Zen 3 actually comes out, and the motherboards start shipping with the new firmware. But it's good to know they have this service since there is a store in my city too.
Nov 16, 2016
17 posts
17 upvotes
eugene188 wrote: Oh i see. Thats interesting. Problem is I'm waiting for Zen 3, so I won't have CPU/MB for them to install.

I guess I need to wait until Zen 3 actually comes out, and the motherboards start shipping with the new firmware. But it's good to know they have this service since there is a store in my city too.
Most halfway-decent mobos nowadays will let you update the bios without a CPU anyway. You'd just need a thumb drive and a PSU.

Sep 3, 2008
66 posts
38 upvotes
Toronto
Amazon is a about $9 more with next day prime shipping as well. Msi x570 gaming plus is also a great option. Have had it for a while running a 3800x flawlessly.
Feb 2, 2015
574 posts
203 upvotes
do you guys have the issue with screwing up the two brackets that's supposed to hold the cooler? For some reason for the four screws I can screw all the way down to one of the diagonal pair but the other two I just can't get it in deep enough so they are just half-way down...

Is that a bad thing? i am worried it is not tight enough to cool the CPU properly...

also any recommendation for a good RGB fan/AIO cooler to go with this mobo? i have a H100i (gen 2) from old PC but it is a few years old and there is a lot of dust on the dissipator box on the top so thinking of replacing it
Feb 15, 2007
931 posts
233 upvotes
Pickering
spammy wrote: do you guys have the issue with screwing up the two brackets that's supposed to hold the cooler? For some reason for the four screws I can screw all the way down to one of the diagonal pair but the other two I just can't get it in deep enough so they are just half-way down...
Don't tighten one all the way down at a time. Only go about half way and the do the same on the opposite corner; repeat for the other two.