Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Newegg

Asus Certified RT-AC1900P Dual-Band Wireless AC-1900 Gigabit Router

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 5th, 2018 8:31 am
Jun 9, 2012
505 posts
361 upvotes
Vancouver
Bought 2 to replace an old pair of Asus N wifi routers. Had internet increased to 150 mbps
Dec 21, 2006
230 posts
100 upvotes
Has anyone noticed that after a couple days it starts to get super slow or unresponsive? After a reset it works fine though.
Dec 21, 2006
230 posts
100 upvotes
Cannot recommend this router. Worked for the first week and then numerous connectivity issues.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 25, 2003
5582 posts
7780 upvotes
Vancouver
pylon wrote: Cannot recommend this router. Worked for the first week and then numerous connectivity issues.
Is that the famous 2.4GHz disconnect issue??
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who gives up a little freedom to gain a little security, deserves neither and will lose both. (Benjamin Franklin)
Dec 21, 2006
230 posts
100 upvotes
What is this famous 2.4GHz disconnect issue that you speak of? This is my first ASUS router. The issue happens with both 2.4GHz and 5.0GHz connections.
max011 wrote: Is that the famous 2.4GHz disconnect issue??
Deal Fanatic
Nov 25, 2003
5582 posts
7780 upvotes
Vancouver
pylon wrote: What is this famous 2.4GHz disconnect issue that you speak of? This is my first ASUS router. The issue happens with both 2.4GHz and 5.0GHz connections.
Quite a few occurrences similar to these:

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/asus- ... tly.14908/

or

https://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic ... &t=1431831
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who gives up a little freedom to gain a little security, deserves neither and will lose both. (Benjamin Franklin)
Dec 21, 2006
230 posts
100 upvotes
Thanks max! The second link pretty much explained the situation. I think the CPU on my unit might be having issues. I'm just going to return it rather than downclock it.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2008
4018 posts
2517 upvotes
Halifax
will888 wrote: People contemplating this purchase should not worry about the fact that the unit is refurbished. I am using refurbished T-Mobile editions of this router. I know so many who have bought the refurbished routers from newegg and none have complained about failure or anything. Those contemplating going nuts and buying the ultra powerful units, consider that wpa3 is just around the corner. Go the cheap route now and be ready to do another upgrade in a year or two.
When it comes to routers, refurb translates to poor firmware. I cannot crap on ASUS too much, because they tend to update their gear, but other brands I would be wary of, or expect a much deeper discount!
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29541 posts
20459 upvotes
bridonca wrote: When it comes to routers, refurb translates to poor firmware. I cannot crap on ASUS too much, because they tend to update their gear, but other brands I would be wary of, or expect a much deeper discount!
With Merlin support, why would anyone one want to use the factory firmware? I find Merlin to be super stable. Features work as advertised.
Public Mobile customer, $34/50GB CAN-US, $29/30GB, $24/4GB
Tangerine, EQ, Simplii, HSBC customer
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
4809 posts
1803 upvotes
I learned something new. Airmesh seems to be really nice feature. And makes this router totally worth the $89.99
Deal Fanatic
Jun 21, 2003
6323 posts
3867 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON
I bought this specifically for the AiMesh to add to my RT-AC68U so I stick with the stock firmware.